Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
duration and crashing
[Post New]
I have a chromakey background of an american flag (.mov) - the duration option is greyed-out and if I try to stretch the clip using ctrl-drag from the edge then PD crashes with "CES_IPCAgent Application has stopped working".

How do I extend the duration of a background movie clip to match the chroma'd clip (without things crashing)? PD10 Ultra, purchased.

Also, is there a simple text tool or a way to add annotations in PD10 without the hassle of making a whole title animation and cropping out the effects?

Finally, thanks and kudo's to all that help here - your advice so far has helped me greatly

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 36 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AC2 (CPU 1) 37 °C
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1024x768@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6570 (Unknown) 39 °C
Hard Drives
977GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721010CLA632 (SATA) 33 °C
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DH16ABSH
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
hi lite the clip and move cursor over the right side and you should see a double arrow...just drag till you reach then end of the tile clip in question.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that, logically, an "unedited" clip cannot be stretched longer than it's original duration, although (again logically) it can be shortened.

However, if you use the power tools to change the video "speed" (hence its duration) then you can drag and stretch (or shorten) the duration by grabbing and dragging the right hand edge. It can then be stretched up to whatever duration is a consequence of the video speed adjustment.

Obviously its speed will alter accordingly.

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2012 16:19

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Tried that....I can "stretch" the movie clip but only to a certain point (like, 30 secs to 1 min) and then PD crashes. Note the clip is supposed to be loopable but I can't seem to make it seamless. If I hilite the clip, the "Duration" option is grayed out when I try to select. In short, I have a 4 minute chroma key that I'd like to put a loop of the flag in the background but the clip is only 30 secs and I can't seem to make it fill the other clip.

I can send a *pds upon request.

Thanks again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2008 17:53