Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Creating Movie message, movie played fine in Media Player Classic, file is gone!
Moonshiner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 19:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I created a movie and left it to render. Came back after 15 minutes and saw that the icon was created in the folder and double clicked on it and it played fine. Went back into PD 10 and saw the error creating movie message. Ignored the error message, since the movie played fine, clicked Ok, didn't save my work (I'm an idiot) and now the file is gone.

Is there anyway the file is still on my PC somewhere? Or am I SOL?
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Moonshiner,

If the file was produced it will be located in the output folder that is set in your preferences. See attached screenshot to find where your output folder is located.

All you need to know is the name that you produced the file to. The default name is produce and the extension will be determined by the type of file produced. For example, if you produced in mpeg2 format the name will be produce.mpg

Hal
[Thumb - preferences02.png]
 Filename
preferences02.png
[Disk]
 Description
Output folder location
 Filesize
269 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Moonshiner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 19:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hal,

I actually did go to the output folder first. I had minimized PD10 while it was rendering, went away for about 15 minutes, then came back, did not check PD10 for the rendering status, and instead went straight to the output folder.

It was a Produce.wmv file which I opened and was successfully able to play it in MPC.

Then I went back to PD10 where I saw the Error Creating Movie message. The error did not make sense at all since I had just played the video in MPC. Ignored the error, closed out of PD10, did not save and now the Produce.wmv file is gone.

This whole thing is quite bizarre.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
My guess is that even though the file was successfully finished (or maybe just close enough to being finished), when PD decided it had run into a problem it deleted the "booboo" file. That's a pretty standard and common-sense way to do it, since otherwise you would be cluttering the user's disk drive with unusable files.

What I would do is this: when you are convinced that the file is in fact usable, copy it to a different file name before letting PD do its cleanup. Jerry Schwartz