Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot playback blu-ray created in PD
[Post New]
I created a blu-ray video using PD10, but I cannot play it back on my PC (running Windows 7, 64-bit.) I've tried WMP and VLC media players. Obviously, if my drive can write a blu-ray disc, then it can play one back, right?

I know the disc is fine because I can play it back on my standalone blu-ray player. Also, I can browse the disc and play the m2ts files using VLC no problem. But when I try to play the disc normally, I get a VLC error, "Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd://D:\'. Check the log for details". I don't know where VLC stores the log.

Anyone know the trick?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I created a blu-ray video using PD10, but I cannot play it back on my PC (running Windows 7, 64-bit.) I've tried WMP and VLC media players. Obviously, if my drive can write a blu-ray disc, then it can play one back, right?

I know the disc is fine because I can play it back on my standalone blu-ray player. Also, I can browse the disc and play the m2ts files using VLC no problem. But when I try to play the disc normally, I get a VLC error, "Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd://D:\'. Check the log for details". I don't know where VLC stores the log.

Anyone know the trick?

BluRay player for PC = CyberLink PowerDVD
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/overview_en_us.html?&r=1

Dafydd