Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD menu objects fade-in
[Post New]
In my DVD menu, I inserted an image that I want to appear in the background. When previewing the menu, the image appears fine; however, I noticed that the image fades-in rather than appears right away like the other objects in the menu. I have been unsuccessful in trying to change this.

There is a setting in the Menu Designer dialog called, "Fade-in object during menu opening"; however, I have this disabled; i.e., unchecked, so I would not expect the object to fade-in.

Any ideas?
[Post New]
It took me awhile, but I finally figured it out -- no thanks to online help!

In Menu Designer, when you click on an object, a slider control appears. The slider control is color coded orange and blue. As you move the slider button left to right, the object fades in, appears fully, then fades out. Where the color is orange is where the object fades in or fades out. Where the color is blue is where the object appears fully. When you hover over the control where orange and blue meet, the cursor changes to indicate that you can move the colors.

So, the trick is to make the color blue span the entire length of the control. First, drag the left side of the blue color all the way to the left. Second, drag the right side of the blue color all the way to the right. Now the control should be totally blue.

To test, drag the slider button the length of the control and verify that the object does not fade in or out. Save the template and apply it to your pages.
CyberlinkUser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2013 23:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank You, nice finding the solution this quickly.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank You, nice finding the solution this quickly.

Sarcasm? The thread is from 2011 !

Do you have an issue with PD 10 that you want to discuss. Did this thread solve your problem?

Welcome(?) to the forum. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CyberlinkUser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2013 23:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
No Sarcasm, I was trying to burn a project and did a search and this was the first thread I came upon. I knew it was an old post, but it was very useful for me at the moment I needed it.

I try to be courteous and thank people at all times. For all I know the original poster may still be an active member here, I did not search to find out. Easy enough to do but is not necessary.