Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Urgent help! Please
Jeffrey* [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2011 21:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Ok so I have been making a video with Power Director 9 and I Love the software is awesome.
The Only problem I have is when the clip starts to play theres a "My tittle" that pops up in between frames then it goes to my video then after one part is done it shows up again.

Help me Get Rid Of this!!!

Thank You.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I think that before you rush so fast, you should read the FK manual a bit and soak up how PD works. If you say you see "My Title" out there, some where in your frames, it means that where in the "Title Room" and insert a title. Take a break, take it easy and give us some of your steps.. step by step description on what are you are doing, and we can then help you.
[Post New]
Jeffrey*;

Not sure what the "FK manual" is that NicolasNY is referring you to, but perhaps the issue you describe is discussed on the following post? (there is an image there showing what I think you are experiencing):
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15863.page

Welcome to the forum

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2011 22:07

Jeffrey* [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Jeffrey*;

Not sure what the "FK manual" is that NicolasNY is referring you to, but perhaps the issue you describe is discussed on the following post? (there is an image there showing what I think you are experiencing):
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15863.page

Welcome to the forum

Im having the same problem but i tried doing what you said and could not figure out how to do it.
[Post New]
Jeffrey*;
NicolasNY is correct that the more information we have, the better we are able to help you. Try the link I attach below....look on page #80 and see if that helps you.

P.S. - Save the file somewhere on your machine so you can refer to it, also:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/user_guide/powerdirector/9/PowerDirector_UG_ENU.pdf
Jeffrey* [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is My Problem..
[Post New]
It appears that you have added text to the images in track 2
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You've also left a "sliver" of audio in track one, that may be intentional.
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You've also left a "sliver" of audio in track one, that may be intentional.

Dafydd,
The "sliver" happens alot to me, because i often am over a little when i click insert.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ...is when the clip starts to play...

Jeffrey,

You say “clips”.
Are they truly “video clips”? Or are they “images”?
If images, did you happen to use the “Insert Image” option in PD9’s “Title Designer”? And then use the “Insert Title” option to add text?
If so, then it’s your chosen procedure and layer management that is causing the left over “My Title” text to appear.

But… if they are indeed “video clips” in track #2, then (as it is not possible to add text “to” a video clip “in” the same track), there is something seriously weird gong on, and I will leave you in the other member’s capable hands.

If however they are images, and were assembled as described in the questions above, then there is a fix.
What is happening is that the default My Title text is now the “bottom layer”. So when the “inserted” images fade in and out (if you didn’t alter the default fade that happens when you insert an image in Title Designer), the default “My Title” text becomes visible at the end and start of the fades between the images.

The fix is to highlight the image(s) > Open in Title Designer (because you chose to initially add images that way) > Click on the Modify Animation Properties tab > In the Objects list, highlight “My Title” and use the up arrow to move it to the top of the Objects list > In the preview screen, click in the text box to get the red cursor line > Use the Backspace key to delete this “My Title” text, which was hidden and became a remnant text that kept reappearing at the fades.

Next time, don’t insert images in Title Designer. It’s not necessary to do it that way.
Put your images in their own timeline track, and your text in a separate timeline track, or better yet, in the dedicated Text track. Then you won’t have this type of issue occur again, and you’ll find it much easier to manage your various bits of media, when each is relegated to it’s own track(s).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2011 12:06

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Jeffrey* [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: ...is when the clip starts to play...

Jeffrey,

You say “clips”.
Are they truly “video clips”? Or are they “images”?
If images, did you happen to use the “Insert Image” option in PD9’s “Title Designer”? And then use the “Insert Title” option to add text?
If so, then it’s your chosen procedure and layer management that is causing the left over “My Title” text to appear.

But… if they are indeed “video clips” in track #2, then (as it is not possible to add text “to” a video clip “in” the same track), there is something seriously weird gong on, and I will leave you in the other member’s capable hands.

If however they are images, and were assembled as described in the questions above, then there is a fix.
What is happening is that the default My Title text is now the “bottom layer”. So when the “inserted” images fade in and out (if you didn’t alter the default fade that happens when you insert an image in Title Designer), the default “My Title” text becomes visible at the end and start of the fades between the images.

The fix is to highlight the image(s) > Open in Title Designer (because you chose to initially add images that way) > Click on the Modify Animation Properties tab > In the Objects list, highlight “My Title” and use the up arrow to move it to the top of the Objects list > In the preview screen, click in the text box to get the red cursor line > Use the Backspace key to delete this “My Title” text, which was hidden and became a remnant text that kept reappearing at the fades.

Next time, don’t insert images in Title Designer. It’s not necessary to do it that way.
Put your images in their own timeline track, and your text in a separate timeline track, or better yet, in the dedicated Text track. Then you won’t have this type of issue occur again, and you’ll find it much easier to manage your various bits of media, when each is relegated to it’s own track(s).

Thank You SO Much!!! . Finally I was able to delete the "My Title" text.
By the way, you were right, I meant images not video clips.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Glad it worked out Jeffrey*. And thanks for the follow-up reply.

Following up really helps the forum in general. Because someday, another member with his or her issue, may use the Search feature and come across a thread that appears to pertain to their issue. And seeing that a proffered answer that's specific to the question did indeed prove to be the solution, just helps other fellow members quickly resolve “their” issues

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2011 07:56

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips