Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 9 Ultra compatable with ATI Radeon HD 5700 series?
SoundLoud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2011 13:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am considering purchasing PD 9 Ultra. My current graphics card is Radeon HD 5700 series. I don't see that listed as a valid card in system requirements... is that card really not supported?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2011 14:13

Eugene88240 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2010 17:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not a video care expert but I can tell you what my experience has been, for what it's worth.

I have edited numerous HD videos with my previous 5 year old desktop w/NVIDIA card using PD8 ULTRA with no hanging problems. I purchased a new computer w/Intel Core i7, 9 GB RAM, and ATI Radeon 5970 g-card. I installed PD9 Ultra at that time and have since had issues with PD9 hanging at various transitions while producing HD video. I have maintained toe latest ATI drivers installed. Unfortunately, I gave my old computer away so cannot do any test comparisons between ATI and NVIDIA. With PD9 build 2702, I could uncheck the Preferences>hardware coding box and stop the problem but resulting video was poor quality. I have now installed patch build 2930. I must still keep the hardware codeing box unchecked but video quality is very good.

I have noticed numerous posts at this site describing the same problems; from what I see the problems are more prevalent with ATI cards; those with upper end NVIDIA's do not appear to have the same issues.

Note: I have never had problems when editing stadard video whether the hardward coding box was checked or not; only issues with dealing with HD (mt2s). Hope this helps. Eugene88240
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have an ATI and no problems at all with it, but it is on the supported list. I don't know what the difference is since they use a common driver, but apparently it does matter. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
For what it's worth, I also have an AMD processor, not Intel. I suggest that you download the trial version and see for yourself if it will work. that's the only way to know for sure. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Radeon HD 5770 and have never had an issue with stalling, even when creating a 9 video TV wall with HD video.
Again, stalling with HD appears to be computer specific, as some editors have issues with Radeon and others do not, it seems to depend on your individual setup.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
GoPokes
Member Location: NE Oklahoma Joined: Jun 04, 2011 10:33 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
If you go hunt Windows 7 drivers for Radeon video cards you will find a long list that does have the updated driver. The Radeon 5750, I believe is the card which doesn't have an updated driver. Very easy to pass over on card. I don't know the reason it hasn't been updated, but I spent the money to buy a nex PNY card and all issues went away. The only answer I ever received from CL tech was my video card driver was the problem. It fininally dawned me with the help of people here, what tech was telling me. Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.43&lang=us&rev=&ostype=Windows%207%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition#1
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I have the ATI 5770 and AMD CPU.... I'm happy..... but I am also 32 bit and do not seem to have the issues the 64 bit users have.... I will wait a couple more years and try 64 bit again with Win 8...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2011 12:12

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Des Towers
Member Location: Rotorua New Zealand Joined: Mar 29, 2007 18:57 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have the following set up and do not experience any problems at all.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
VM Windows Professional XP
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Chip type: ATI display adapter 0x68B8
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D-E
1TG Hardrive