Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Waveform is Unbelievable
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
With all the issues PD has had with timeline waveform generation for years, this is the new offering. Unbelievable on so many levels, they've clearly missed any user input through multiple years. Both track heights set at medium between PD21 and PD22.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD22_Waveform.png]
 Filename
PD22_Waveform.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
369 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
Mike Hall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2018 19:37 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With all the issues PD has had with timeline waveform generation for years, this is the new offering. Unbelievable on so many levels, they've clearly missed any user input through multiple years. Both track heights set at medium between PD21 and PD22.

Jeff

Yes, I agree. The new waveform display is definitely worse than the previous version. I hope this gets fixed in an update.
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]

Yes, I agree. The new waveform display is definitely worse than the previous version. I hope this gets fixed in an update.

Ignoring the colour difference you can enlarge the audio and video track height by grabbing and dragging on the left hand menu.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ignoring the colour difference you can enlarge the audio and video track height by grabbing and dragging on the left hand menu.

Yep, I realize, that's why I stated both are shown at medium track height for best back to back comparison.

Jeff
Azimuth Images [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2020 04:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Just fired up the program and found that on normal edit view only the top half of my audio waveform is showing. If I go into editor then both sides are showing.

Anyone know if this as a new 'feature' or am I doing something daft?

I really like to see both sides of a waveforms and being only able to see the top half is niggling me.

Thank you
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just fired up the program and found that on normal edit view only the top half of my audio waveform is showing. If I go into editor then both sides are showing.

Anyone know if this as a new 'feature' or am I doing something daft?

I really like to see both sides of a waveforms and being only able to see the top half is niggling me.

Thank you

Yes, is appears to be a new feature for audio "waveform" and no user adjustments that I found.

Top half, kind of I guess, but one has some sign flip issues as well. If you take a basic 10hz mono wave or stereo wave with no phase shift between L/R so you have 10 waves in a 1 sec, 60fps timeline so it's very easy to understand what the waveform should look like, one gets the attached pic between PD22 and AD14.

Basically, at best, it appears it can be used to say a track has audio, with complexity and asymmetry existing in real audio, it's not really an accurate time-based waveform.

Jeff
[Thumb - 10hzwav.png]
 Filename
10hzwav.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
217 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Azimuth Images [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2020 04:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

Yes, is appears to be a new feature for audio "waveform" and no user adjustments that I found.

Top half, kind of I guess, but one has some sign flip issues as well. If you take a basic 10hz mono wave or stereo wave with no phase shift between L/R so you have 10 waves in a 1 sec, 60fps timeline so it's very easy to understand what the waveform should look like, one gets the attached pic between PD22 and AD14.

Basically, at best, it appears it can be used to say a track has audio, with complexity and asymmetry existing in real audio, it's not really an accurate time-based waveform.

Jeff

My electronics engineer head tells me the waveform should exist both sides, however in reality the lack of that is a niggle rather than a disaster
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My electronics engineer head tells me the waveform should exist both sides, however in reality the lack of that is a niggle rather than a disaster

Definitely, it depends what you want to use it for, hence my reference it serves to let one know the track has audio.

Jeff