Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 18 and Samsung srf files
RayGuselli [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Barrow in Furness Joined: Mar 17, 2013 10:02 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hope friends can help please,

My daughter is appearing on a TV program tomorrow and I have done a test today on the TV to record to an external Hard Drive.

The TV is a Samsung UE65RU7470 and it output to the Hard Drive perfectly.

However, Samsung saves as the video as an SRF file and I am struggling to find anything (preferably free) to convert to MP4 or AVI…something I can view on the PC/POWER DIRECTOR etc and edit if needed.

Does anyone have any suggestions please: would be very grateful for help.

Best wishes

Ray

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 10. 2023 05:18

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Here is an article on decrypting the samsung srf file: https://www.ivonet.nl/2014/12/25/how-to-get-samsung-led-tv-pvr-recording-as-mkv/ . I am sure that you can convert it with a free video converter once you have done your research.
RayGuselli [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Barrow in Furness Joined: Mar 17, 2013 10:02 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here is an article on decrypting the samsung srf file: https://www.ivonet.nl/2014/12/25/how-to-get-samsung-led-tv-pvr-recording-as-mkv/ . I am sure that you can convert it with a free video converter once you have done your research.

Hi

I saw that article which unfortunately was too technical for me.

Many sites offer the ability to convert but when installed they cannot actually do the SRF file, but I will keep looking and also at alternatives means etc...

Many thanks fpor your help...much appreciated.

Best wishes Ray