Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello, I'm running PD 15 and have created several video's (mostly for testing this) to upload to my instragram story feed. However none of the videos will upload. I using the the 9:16 ratio, I have no music and the video is under 10 seconds long. When I produce the videos I use the H.264 option and I've tried both 720x1280 and 1080x1920. The videos are have ranged from 23mb down to 4mb and still no luck. I only have the option, as far as I can tell to use .mp4 so not sure there's anything I can change there. I'm uploading the videos to my dropbox account and then downloading them to my phone, (Galaxy S6 Active) where I can attempt to upload to the IG story feed.

Has anyone had any success at creating and uploading video to IG story feed? Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Bob

Have you tried uploading the produced mp4 file directly to instagram from your computer useing the downloaded app called "gramblr"? I've been using it for a couple of months due as my phone stopped uploading my PD videos, gramblr works ok for me.

Thanks Gary, I haven't tried that, however after looking into the app it appears to be uploading to the normal feed and I'm mostly looking to add to the IG story portion.. Thanks for passing along the info though!
Hello, I'm running PD 15 and have created several video's (mostly for testing this) to upload to my instragram story feed. However none of the videos will upload. I using the the 9:16 ratio, I have no music and the video is under 10 seconds long. When I produce the videos I use the H.264 option and I've tried both 720x1280 and 1080x1920. The videos are have ranged from 23mb down to 4mb and still no luck. I only have the option, as far as I can tell to use .mp4 so not sure there's anything I can change there. I'm uploading the videos to my dropbox account and then downloading them to my phone, (Galaxy S6 Active) where I can attempt to upload to the IG story feed.

Has anyone had any success at creating and uploading video to IG story feed? Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Bob
Thanks Barry!! That's some great info and the video helps a lot too!!

I did have a follow up question though..

When the disc is inserted into a DVD player will it auto play one version (SD or HD) based on the DVD player's ability or does the end user get a menu option or how does that work? Or is that different for different DVD players.. I'm trying to be a generic as possible, which means so I don't have to make one for grandma who has an old player and auntie who has the latest and greatest.. Which your idea seems to resolve that, but getting the content to play would be my next concern..

Thanks!
Bob
Hello, I'm using PD13 and I'm having issues creating a DVD in HD Quality.. I've created my content, which is basically a slideshow of pictures, (about 21 of them, some music and intro title) and when I select the option create disc I select DVD Video. Which apparently is SD version. I've attempted to use AVCHD, and it burns the DVD, however when I attempt to play it on my computer it ask for a Blueray player. Basically what I'm doing is providing my client with a DVD slideshow of her senior pictures and I'd like for it to play in HD since the SD looks pretty crappy when comparing. I could do the produce option, however I'm not sure if I copy over the produced file, whatever I would use, to a DVD if it would simply play on most DVD players.. Another concern of using the produce option is that seems like it would be easier for someone to screen grab a still and print it. I know it's still possible to rip the DVD, but I don't necessarily want to make any easier for that to happen..

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,Bob
Sorry wrong forum..
Thanks for the help.. To be honest I am still a bit confused on the process to try. I'll go over your suggestions again and see if i can figure out where I should be. In the meantime I've uploaded the specfic clip I'm trying to work with, maybe it will help.

Thanks again for all the help!

Bob
I'm appling the Wind effect to a scene of a football player running and I'd like to know if its possible to isolate that effect to just him vs everyone in the clip.

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks everyone! Looks like I've got some work ahead of me, but I've the general giest now.

If I come up with something worth previewing I'll share a link.

Thanks again!
Bob
Hey Tony... Yes I'm wanting to play a group of scenes at the same time, but I don't want it to be a sudden transition from 1 clip to 4, but more like the youtube video you provided, how they motion on and off the screen. My thought is as your watching one clip splits into four with sometype nice floating out motion. I'll do some more research on the PiP motion feature.

btw, didn't account for the clips having to be the same duration, good tip. I will keep that in mind when doing my editing of each scene.

Thanks,
Bob
Hello all..

I've recently upgraded to PD10 from PD8 and I've got an idea that I want to try out, but could use some help in making it a smooth transition.

What I'd like to do is while the video is playing it split out from one scene in the view to show 4 scenes. So basically I have 4 scenes going at once all in the same view. They all would be sized correctly so there wouldn't be any overlapping, but the trick I'm trying to do is make each of the four scene float out from the center so it's not a sudden crazy looking transition.

The project I'm working on is creating a highlight video for my son's high school football team. My problem is, (which is a good problem) there is simply to much content and I don't want a 20 minute video, that is just way to long. I'd like to split out certain scenes that would coordinate with one another. For example for the big defensive hits I'm using a song that will emphasize those hits, and those would be the type of scenes I want to show multiple ones.

That's just one example, there are others if that doesn't play out as well as I envision. Either way any suggestions on this? Any tutorials I may have looked over or something out there someone can point me to as ways it's been done.

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks Dave.. I actually got fed up with this issue and upgraded to PD10. This issue had been going on since I purchased this a few years back. But for the last couple of dsay PD8 would simply crash a lot and I'd lose scenes so it seemed like the right time to upgrade. At the moment all appears to be working..

Thanks for the help.

Bob
No, all files are on the local hard drive, however my scenes I'm adding and cutting up are on the D partition but the Music file is on the C partition. I'll move that over and see there is a difference.

I'm not sure what the PD preview resolution is set as, honestly I'm not sure how to check it. I poked around the preferences but nothing jumped out.

The dxdiag files are attched.

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks Jeff, I used Audacity to export the MP3 as a .wav but even after adding it to my timeline it didn't seem to help. Same issue.

Bob
Hello All..

I'm running into a problem that after I import a MP3 music file into my project that when I preview the video it will become choppy/jumpy or speeds up as it plays. The music doesn't speed up or jump around but just the scenes do. I have to hit pause and then play to get it to play right again. Its very intermittent and happens on any MP3 that I import.

This doesn't happen when I produce it to a file or even burn to DVD, just when I'm previewing with PD. Since I'm creating a team highlight video I'd like to get the music to match up on specfic plays and such.

I'm using PD8 - Willing to upgrade to PD10 if it will help.
Windows 7 x64
Dell Studio XPS desktop
Dual Qaud Core , Intel i7 2.8Ghz Processors
8 Gb of Memory
ATI Radeon HD 5670 1Gb Video Card (with latest video drivers)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Bob
That did the trick!

Thanks so much!!

Bob
I'm getting a error message that says "The audio format is not supported" when I attempt to capture video from a DVD. There actually is no audio in this video and I can't seem to find a setting in PD8 that allows me to not capture the auto with the video. (in hopes that I can bypass the error, because I don't need any audio for this project)

As I mentioned I'm using PD8 and I have captured video from other DVDs without issue, mind you those actually did have audio but again, I don't need it.

Any thoughts or suggestions here?

Thanks,
Bob
I have several .mp4 files on my local hard drive that I want capture so I can edit create a DVD. When I go into the capture tab, I don't see an option to change to the drive\folder where the files exist.

Any thoughts or suggests?

I'm running PD8

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks for the input..Sounds like a good plan..

Bob
Here you go..Let me know if this helps..

Thanks,
Bob
Hello all..

I'm running PD8 and I have created a title screen where I inserted two pics. I see that the pics fade in and out as the title displays, is there a way to make the pics not do that?

Thanks,
Bob
Go to: