Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

There are many video enhancement options on the truetheater panel, I'm not sure which one you' were not able to enable when you were playing video discs.

But, I'm not surprised that the playback feature sets are different between video discs and video files. Powerdvd acts differently on the playback of video disc and video file for a long time.

Realy? there aren't "many" enhancements to enable /disable imo!

Furthermore, it doesn't matter.. When i write NOT Available , i do mean TOTALY → Unavailabe, as in not even 1 setting is → Available / working !

Normally , these enhancements settings play just fine with ANY SD / HD content (NOT UHD mind u)..

Also, the media files i play seperately are THE SAME → FULL HD / 1080p type of content i manage to play just fine with enhancements enabled when and ONLY WHEN i choose and pick that media file from the folder ..

NOW (and again please do read me correct), Enhancements are ONLY NOT AVAILABLE (emphasizing) when play those VERY SAME FULLHD media files from an Bluray Folder structure.. I.e → BDMV , the folder you load when you go to Movie → Browse folder in PDVD ..

And that ↑ behaviour NOW HAPPENDS with alllll of my Bluray discs, regardless of the content SD (dvd), HD ready (720p) or Fullhd (1080p) !!!

Now you get it ?

Ffs ... is it so hard to fathom ?

cheers,
Hello,

Iam currious any one has noticed ... But, and this problem might be due to an windows 11 update recently, not sure.

But to put briefly , it seems Video enhancements are NOT available when opening / reading from bluray / disc → folder Structure..

Yes you read it right, opening the m2ts media files sepperately in powerdvd enables the Theatre enhancements feature ... !?!

this affects PDVD22 and previous builds of PDVD aswell, hence why i think this might be windows update related !!
...or latest gpu driver..

Weird Science..
Hello,

Even though my AVR supports all dolby formats , pdvd falls back to AC3 core (640Kbps undecided) when playback movie with Truehd + Atmos ???

Again, it happens only in PDVD22.. Doesn't happend in DVDfab player, or stand alone Bluray player!!

When i change the audio setting in pdvd to → "Non-Decoded-High-def to external" wich TrueHD is .
PDVD automatically falls back to Non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS and uses the AC3 core from the TrueHD track yell , wich sounds very Low quality i've noticed !!!

Why is PDVD so erratic and picky when it comes down to passthrough audio tracks to receivers !!!

the fact dvdfab & many othe software players, my hardware player do passthrough perfectly indicates that my receiver is perfectly capable to play the real deal .. Yet pdvd begs the differ !!

EDIT: the AVR iam refering to is an Philips Soundbar 8505/10

cheers,
Quote Hello,

It's probably a good idea that you contact CyberLink Technical Support about this:

No need, just figured out, the ac3 core in an TrueHD or DD+ track isn't the issue !!
Hello,

I have but just ONE important question burning on my lips.. undecided

Does EAC3 tracks need to have an AC3 core inside it for PDVD to bitstream DD+ or not surprised ?

Because from many test samples i have created... it sure looks like this ↑ MIGHT be the MAIN PROBLEM as to why my media files containing DD+ tracks don't bitstream on my pc / PDVD but DO PLAY/bitstream JUST FINE on my hardware BDplayer !!

Cheers,
TD
IMO, audio bitstream is not rocket science and quite simple and all of processes are about hardware capacity identification and bypass in the entire audio pipeline. Less chance that a player software can go wrong, but not on the hardware or audio pipeline.

"IMO" consider this...Bitstreaming/decode an audio track is more complexing than you might think ... IMO.. undecided

Why, only by taking an original → UNTOUCHED media file from an bd or other source and remuxing it into another container... lets say.. mkv 2 *.ts or mkv 2 *.m2ts an more common and bluray compliant container ..

By doing JUST that ↑, can cause all sorts of audio problems... Remember → Untouched A/V that would play (BITSTREAM) flawless in any device or software before remuxing !! Mind u Remuxing... no RECODE of any sort... just merging the tracks !

so, u telling me audio isn't complex...

Come to think of it, the Cinavia protection awhile back still seems to be like rocket science to me , since it still hasn't been cracked/beaten ..

And only can be worked arround / "defeated" by using "non-infected" audio tracks from other sources !!
That or by playback the infected file on an non-cinavia infected hardware player / software to emulate the real deal ..!

It's great your A/V receiver can play Dolby ATMOS audio, but, at the moment that the audio output mode fall to powerdvd decoding, did Windows still see your HDMI receiver capable of decoding dolby digital audio exactly?

Wy would windows changes its mind mids playback suddenly..!?

After, having my receiver acknowledged as an capable 7.2 DD+ system !?

Has windows become A.I and self aware these days ... LoL!?
Will it zap me if i rollback an update .. LoL !

No, i have double checked that while pdvd runs in the background...
Win still sees my receivers capabilities properly..

I've seen some cases that the PCM decoded mode occurred because the HDMI audio output device's compatibility work instably on some PCs at the playback moment. Sometimes the audio device works normally to show the hardware has Dolby or DTS decoding capability in Windows, but sometimes not.

Meaning?

You did find a probable trigger, which is "bitrate" in your case.
But, the moderator mentioned Dolby TrueHD bitstream, its bitrate is usally higher than dolby digital but the bypass workable in powerdvd, too.

Well, bitrate should't be any issue as long you respects the max limits off certain audio formats i.e : ac3 → 640Kb/sec 5.1 channels , EAC3 DD+ 6Mbit/sec / 15.1 Channel etc...

But after torough testing , it seems different bitrates causes the system not to output / bitstream sound !! Even at Lower Bitrates , Even tough the bitrate from that DD+ Audio track is still BD/DVD compliant according to the official pages i have read ..;

Mystery.

MPC-HC, VLC player or many other open source player software has their own ways to flexibly workaround many compatibility problems as they are not commercial software and not regulated by Dolby or other vendors additionally.

I won't put them on the same basis in the comparison. I'm wondering it won't help your concern in powerdvd.

I get that, you can throw just about anything at mpc and many other players.. it ALL will just play fine, regardless of the BD/DVD strict compliant standards...... .I - M -O wink

That's why i don't use mpchc to emulate an hardwareplayer to exclude any issues just and because of that strict compliant standards hardware players have ...

Cheeers,
Quote Hello,

If the audio is via bitstream then it is decoded by your audio hardware (GPU and A/V receiver). If your audio device does not decode the audio it will fall back to player software decoding.

PowerDVD supports up to Dolby True HD pass through, so you should check what's the maximum bitrate your audio hardware supports to ensure it is compatible with the decoding. Bitstream relies on the hardware mainly, not the software.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

That's just the mistery !!

My Receiver wich is an DOlby Atmos capable device → DOES INFACT bitsream the track , but ONLY when i play the media file from my BD player / Hardware player .. NOT powerdvd !?!?

Powerdvd does not bitstream the media file, however ANOTHER software player → MPC-HC does infact bitstream the DD+ audio !!

So 2 instances it plays fine, but powerdvd refuses and fall back !? That can't be an hardware limitation anymore , right?

The only odd thing about this is, the bitrate for the DD+ needs to be EXACTLY 786/kbs in order to work and bitstream from my bdplayer & mpc !??

That's ↑ the real puzzling part, why bitrates play such an huge role suddenly !! Since, DD+ format supports bitrates up to atleast 3Mb/sec , is it not ! And since it's only 786 Kb/sec , it complies with bluray standards....

Cheers,
TD
Hello,

For some reason Powerdvd falls back to pcm all the time, when i play an media file containing DD+ audio track !!

Though, my receiver is perfect capable to bitstream ALL Dolby formats (atmos included) according to the manual and Sound settings in windows 11 ..

Furthermore, both in windows and powerdvd the settings "Exclusive acces" is enabled !

Also, i don't have this playback problem in MPC-HC wich is also an software player, and my bd hardware player !!

The audio does infact bitstream in both mpc and bdplayer , but not in powerdvd !!!

All device are connected through HDMI 2.1 cables, even though ONLY hdmi 1.4 is required even for Atmos streaming ...

so what possible could cause this issue !??

EDIT: One important observation... Iam trying to Encode an media files containing DTS track to E-AC3 because of the limitation of my receiver not able to Bitstream DTS only Dolby...

And i have noticed that the EAC3 audio passthrough / bitstreams at an given Bitrate (i.e 640/kbs) !?!?
When i deviate from an certain bitrate (higher / lower), again the media file won't bitstream again !?

that confuses me.. since DD+ bitrate is supported up to 3Mbit/sec !?!?

I await your answer,

cheers,
Go to: