Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink updated this morning and now the simple fade to black is missing. Does anyone know where it has gone?

Thank you,

Cassy
I edited my first podcast video. When I'm asked to save it, I saved it into a file on my desktop with a new name and as a mp4.

On the timeline and in the render preview stage, the video is perfect. Everything works great. Then I processed the video. When I listened to it, the last 10 seconds had more than one audio running. It sounded like I was talking over myself. I removed that troubled part of the video and re-recorded it.

Then I rendered and processed the video again. This time, I was talking over myselt on an entirely new part of the video. (On the first video, there was no overtalking at this section of the video). This is toward the end of the video (but not in the new part I re-recorded).

I've decided to re-edit the original video. I just want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly.

I am using the cut feature to remove my mistakes and flubs. I'm using the third choice where you cut and fill and move the clips. I move the scrubber both forwards and backwards along the timeline to edit. If the scrubbers are only supposed to move one way on the timeline, please let me know.

I inserted the title into the timeline and inserted music on the timeline underneath the title. I also used one of the "subscribe and like" title at the end of the video but I place it underneath the original video in 2nd space.

I've worked very hard to learn Power Director, and I can't figure out why I'm getting three audios on sections of my processed videos.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cassy
Hi,

I am producing my first video. The video has about 34 seconds to go, when suddenly, there seems to be audio from two clips playing at the same time.

This 2nd audio doesn't show up when I play the timeline video. It doesn't show up when I render the preview. It only shows up when I produce the final video.

I've looked at the video timeline. There isn't a second audio track. There is only one.

Does anyone know what is causing this? I've worked very hard learning PowerDirector, but I can't find anything that would help me fix this.

I hope there is an easy solution to this problem.

Thank you so much.

Cassy
I have an audio track under my title slides for my podcast. It is an MP3 conversion of a YouTube video. I have the music fading in and fading out. But once the music fades in, it is louder than the volume of the podcast. People will be reaching for their volume control. So, of course, I want to reduce the volume.

Can I do this on the timeline, or must I do it in the original MP3. The tutorial says to use a keyframe, but I only get the keyframe in the original MP3. When I try to change the volume in the MP3 (after inserting the keyframe), I'm told it's in a red area and restricted so I'm unable to change the volume.

Can I change the volume in the timeline? If so, could you please let me know how?

If I have to do it in the MP3, can you please let me know how to remove the restricted area e so I can change the volume?

Thank you so much.

Cassy
I created a title in the title manager, but I don't know how to insert the title into my video. Could someone tell me where I can go to find the steps to do this?

Also, if I want to insert a subscribe and like text into my video, do I use the template and place it on the second track (under my video)? If I do that, will it appear on my video?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cassy
I would like to copy and paste a clip (from my video) at the front of video (before the title appears) as a tease for the entire video.

I want to keep my video intact so I don't want to remove the tease from its original spot in the video. I just want to have it at the front of the video to intice viewers to keep watching. I have seen some podcasters do this on YouTube and I really like it.

I searched YouTube videos on PowerDirector, but didn't find a video on this. If you could let me know how to do this or where I can go and learn how to do this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Cassy

Probably not a fix, as more than likely nothing is wrong other than perhaps user understanding. Can you attach a screen shot of your timeline zoomed in a little in one of these areas and also highlight the "CUT" button you refer to. There is a "Cut" menu item, but I've not seen a "CUT" button.

Try this
1) place a video in the timeline
2) Slide the scrubber near the middle, use the "Split" button above the timeline to split
3) Slide the scrubber about 3/4 the way down the timeline, use the "Split" button above the timeline to split
4) Select this middle piece with the left mouse button
5) Use the "Delete" key on the keyboard, did you get the 3 contextual menu options?

Jeff

Your instructions were perfect. I was able to obtain the menu options and edit my video. Thank you so much. If you don't mind, I would like to ask you another question. Is there a way to be more precise with the scrubbers when editing. If I want to edit from 1:20:04 to 1:23:15, is there an easier way to set the scrubbers instead of moving them back and forth along the timeline trying to find the precise spot? Is there a way I could just enter the time I want to edit and then do the cut. It would save so much time if there is such a function. Again, thank you so much for helping me.

Cassy

You won’t get the popup menu option if it is the last clip segment on the last clip on the timeline. You should get the menu option on all others.

Thank you so much for your help. The pop-up menu never comes up, no matter where I'm at in the timeline. I had the IT department check my computer to ensure the pop-up menu will not be blocked, but that wasn't the issue. Right now, there is the smallest of gaps between the video after I hit the cut button.

Thank you,

Cassy
When I am editing my videos, the tutorial says that I use the split buttom to cut a clip. That works fine. According to the tutorial, when I use the CUT button, I should get a pop-up menu and use option #3: Remove, Fill Gap, and Move Clip. This menu never pops up. Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

Thank you so much,

Cassy Gray
Go to: