Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I hate to ask, but have you tried restarting your computer?
If I understand correctly, you have a portion of the soundtrack without voice in it but that's not long enough to cover the portion of the video that does have the voice?

If that's the case, you could copy and paste the non-vocal portion until you have enough, in effect looping the portion without the voice over the original video. And also you can use a transition between the copies to smooth out the audio loop (the "Audio - For Music" transition).

There's a vocal remover feature in PowerDirector and a more adjustable one in AudioDirector, but it's meant for music and would likely not work for removing vocals and keeping background noise.
I believe you can only change the text itself, object colors, and overall size and position of the pre-made motion graphic titles.
Is this only when using the touchscreen? Are there settings to change the behavior of the touchscreen? I can't imagine trying to use PD with a touchscreen only -- the interface is enough of a nightmare with the mouse and keyboard.
Hey guys, this was my second longer project done with the Director Suite (subscription version). Thanks to forum members who helped with a couple of issues! I spent more time trying to balance the audio/music on this one. In the one I'm currently working on, I'm trying to break away from using transitions between pretty much every clip -- that caused me a lot of grief in this project. The smooth transitions is a habit I picked up from editing everything in iMovie and I mostly used them to smooth out the audio between scenes. I see that pros don't typically use transitions all the time.

Anyway, I'm still struggling with figuring out the ideal audio levels for YouTube videos but I think it's an improvement.

I had a similar issue a while back that Jeff helped me with:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119134.page

Quick summary... PowerDirector didn't properly handle the files generated from a particular app I use called "Dualgram" on the iPhone. It seems that PD sometimes doesn't "like" files with a variable frame rate (VFR). I had a small black border at the top. Initially I didn't see it in preview until turning off the "shadow files" option. Like you, I didn't have any problem with a border on those files when viewed in other video players.

The two solutions were:

1) run the files through Handbrake (an open source video transcoder) with a constant framerate, import those newly generated files into the PD media library, and re-add / edit them in the timeline

or, and this is what I did since I didn't want to take the time to do all the edits in the timeline again (cuts, etc)...

2) scale slightly to get rid of the border

I don't know if this is the exact same issue you're having -- just a thought. It's an issue I'd like to see go away with PD (solution 3? laughing)
Quote I have uploaded videos to YouTube many times in the past and have never run into this issue before.
Google now wants my PowerDirector and YouTube accounts linked via an Oa authorization. What's all
that about?
I tried following the directions, but I can't seem to provide what Google wants regarding domain names, etc.
The only online business presence I have is through my Smugmug account which is mainly for photos.
I have attached screenshots to show what I'm running into. Can someone please help me with some suggestions?

100% agree with Warry on exporting to disk and manually uploading to YouTube.

I just tried the direct to YouTube method and got the same screen you did. When I clicked on Next, a broswer window opened and I had to sign in to YouTube and select my brand account (my channel). After than I got a "Authentication successful, back to the program to proceed" message in the browser, and when I went back to PowerDirector it showed "Authentication successful." I didn't have to enter any authorization code.

Not sure what you're getting from Google re: domain names, etc.
Quote I created a title in the title manager, but I don't know how to insert the title into my video. Could someone tell me where I can go to find the steps to do this?

Also, if I want to insert a subscribe and like text into my video, do I use the template and place it on the second track (under my video)? If I do that, will it appear on my video?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cassy

The fact that it's called the Title Room or Title Designer is a little misleading since you can use it to just add simple text wherever you want. But you can just right-click the "title" you've selected and then "Insert on Timeline." That will insert it where your timeline marker is currently located. Or there's a button for it below the list of "title" styles. Alternatively you can drag your selected "title" to the desired location on the timeline and drop it there. I've been putting my text/titles in Track 2.

You can move it around and resize it in the preview window.

By default your title/text in Track 2 (or whatever track you use) will be simply overlaid on top of your video in Track 1, but there are various blending modes to choose from as well.

Here's a tutorial from Cyberlink:
https://www.cyberlink.com/blog/video-editing-basics/481/how-to-add-text-to-video

Whatever is displayed in your preview window, such as your subscribe and like text, is what will show on YouTube.

Hope this helps!
Quote If it is the beat that leads you to add clips, then it make sense to set markers using music beat marker. With these markers it is easier to define the start and end of the clips.

Excellent tips Warry -- thank you! Also, I wasn't even aware of the beat detection feature. surprised I've used something like that in other software and was just thinking last night it would be nice to have. There are so many features in the editing suite it's difficult to take it all in at once.
Quote Hey, I know what you mean, I do hiking videos too (https://www.youtube.com/@IrelandOutdoors) and run into the audio issue. What I try to do is all the video work first, by that I mean insert my clips, trim them, add transitions and then do the audio as the last step. From experience it seems to be adding/removing transitions which is the main cause due to it changing the video length. By following this order it maximises the chance that my music will still be in the same place as I expect it to be when I finish the project! : Saying that I sometimes have to make some changes which I forget about so try to do a final watch of the video before rendering to make sure all is in place! Hope that helps somewhat and would be great to hear what other people do too!

Gary

Thanks for the suggestions and for sharing your channel! You have a new subscriber (https://www.youtube.com/@pleasantfiction). Just watched a couple of your videos -- great content! Kind of jealous of the scenery you have there. : I know we share some of the same challenges like setting up the camera, walking a bit, going back to pick it up, wind noise, and so on.
I see the mouse software allows you to assign hotkeys to that extra scroll wheel, but I don't know that PD has keyboard controls for scrolling the timeline view up/down, if that's what you're looking for. Setting it to Zoom In/Out would be easy -- just set the hotkeys to + / - for the extra scroll wheel in the Logitech mouse software.

I see the Up/Down arrow keys will scroll the timeline up/down, but only after you left click the scroll bar.

EDIT: ah, I found it -- scrolling the timeline vertically is done with Alt+Mouse Wheel, but it doesn't appear you can customize that behavior under Edit -> Keyboard Hotkeys -> Customize (or press Alt+H). So you might be able to change the behavior of the scroll wheel in the mouse software, but I'd presume that would affect everything else. I just have a regular $2 mouse so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm on my third larger PD project and beginning to get the hang of it and use some new-to-me features. My videos are typically around 30-60 minutes long. I know I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the second project, I think in part because I did some things in the wrong order.

I'm sure this will differ depending on what type of projects you work on, but I'm hoping some of the long time users can chime in with suggestions.

For my hiking videos which are basically unscripted vlogs of my experiences on trails, I had been just dumping all my footage in order to the timeline and editing/trimming/etc. Then I start looking at what parts seem like they could use music in the background or to cover up audio issues I can't fix in AD. Not sure at what point I should do scene transitions, and in final review I end up trimming or cutting some clips which throws all the music off (and the associated Audio Ducking). Also had some issues with transitions moving things slightly on the timeline.

In the current project I started adding clips to the timeline as I went along and that seems easier. Now I'm at the point where I'm adding music which I like to synchronize with scene transitions, but then I go back and make minor adjustments to clips at the beginning and have to watch for what may need to be adjusted down the line.

Do you have a typical workflow that you follow for each project?
Quote I have a segment of video and I want the last frame to freeze for about two seconds. What is the simplest way to do this?

There may be another way, but you could go to the last frame of the segment, take a snapshot (Ctrl+p), then add the snapshot (should appear in your media content) to the timeline, then adjust the duration to two seconds.
Based on previous responses to this question on the forum -- this does appear to be the expected behavior, you're not doing anything wrong, and there isn't a limit on the number of times you can do this. I'm just a user here on the forum, and a new one at that, so you may want to confirm with Cyberlink support.

I don't see an official response to this question on the Cyberlink site in the FAQs. I found a link to one in a Google search, but the link just takes me to the Cyberlink support page so it may have been moved or deleted.

I haven't tested it, but you might avoid the warning if you sign out via the Application Manager (click on your account name then sign out) on the one machine before signing in on the other each time you switch. Being signed in on two machines at the same time isn't allowed.
Quote Your video that you shared was very basic, 1920x1080, 7800kbps overall avg bitrate, that's really nothing compared to what's typically edited today. So, depending how you have your graphics setup in your laptop, your i7-9750H and UHD Graphics 630 should handle timeline display with little issue with that source. Try without shadow files and see how you get by.

The 1080p video is a limitation of using the Dualgram app on my iPhone, recording with the front and rear cameras at the same time and simultaneously saving it as 3 separate files -- front camera, rear camera, and the composite of both with the picture in picture. When I'm not using that, it typically records at 3840x2160 17504kbps bitrate, and 24 FPS because that's the framerate I chose to work with. My GoPro footage is at 2704x1520 at around 45000kbps bitrate, 24 FPS. Putting them all together results in a video at 1080p on YouTube unless I wanted to try doing some upscaling on the 1080p scenes recorded with Dualgram. Back when I was editing everything on the phone using iMovie and having to upload using a slow internet connection, it seemed the way to go. Also, the thinking was that I'd be editing video while on trail and uploading them as I go along on very long hikes.

Anyway, so far no issues editing with shadow files turned off, and I regret not having understood that in the beginning because it caused me to miss the black bars.

Really just a par system CPU wise, review at like https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-9750H+%40+2.60GHz&id=3425 . Since a laptop, and potentially both GPU's active depending on user/OEM settings available, PD will really only use the RTX 2060 for encoding during produce when user configured. It will really do nothing for timeline display as that would be handled by the UHD 630, rather different functionality than implying same RTX 2060 as this guy's desktop, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119126.page#post_box_448675.

Thanks for the info Jeff -- in that post I'm only trying to equate that we both have a 2060 in case it meant anything regarding the halting during startup (probably irrelevant).

I don't know if the laptop uses the integrated graphics as well as the 2060. In the device manager I only see drivers for the 2060. At the time I bought this laptop, a PCIe desktop 2060 card was nearly unobtainable by itself and the price was about as much as I paid for the laptop! sealed

Currently I'm trying to decide if I fix the black bar issues with Handbrake, convert the files from the mp4 that Handbrake exports to back to MOV using something like VLC, and replace the files in the PD project's media library with the exact same name -- hopefully saving me from re-editing all those sections. Would that even work, or create a rift in the space time continuum? wink

It depends how fast of a system you have, source video specs, and how fluid you like the timeline to playback. PD has very poor timeline playback fluidity vs other products so they have lots of crutches to assist, shadow files, non-real time, YUV/RGB, Render Preview, hardware decoding, Preview Quality, ... to name a few.

I typically don't use shadow files on my higher end system, nice concept, however poor implementation and corrective/debug actions have caused way too many issues over the years for me. But, if you want the most fluid timeline playback to edit, they do help there with PD.

Jeff

Thanks -- I'll work with shadow files off for a bit and see if I have any issues. Since that feature was apprarently somehow masking the problem with the black bars, I'm kinda turned off by it now.

I don't know if my system would be considered higher end... certainly better than what I've used in the past, though.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (6 cores)
32 GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
SSD SATA M.2 2242 WD 500GB main drive for OS
WD Blue SA510 1TB drive for media/projects
Quote Do you know if there are any bios settings that may affect this?

I wouldn't think so -- I can't remember any specific times when I had to change a bios setting to resolve this type of problem. But things have changed these days with the more advanced settings available on gaming MBs and whatnot. It seems unlikely.

I have the same GPU (2060) in my laptop and I'm currently on driver v526.98.
Turn off the shadow files (pref > General > "Shadow file.....") and then add the clip to the timeline and view your raw video in the timeline vs the shadow files, you will see the gap. It's better to click on video in the timeline so you get the frame borders, you will easily see it.

Ah! Yes, I see it in the preview window immediately without rendering when "shadow files" is turned off. Thanks!

As a side note, do you normally leave that option turned off? Is that the only purpose for it -- to speed up previewing with a sacrifice in quality?

Good question.....Nope...I hadn't thought of that but thought for sure that it should. Hung just the same. I've built PC's and am in the tech business and this is the only piece of software that's stymied me. Is there a way to debug it as it's loading?

This might be a long shot, but I would try uninstalling PD using Revo Uninstaller (free edition, or Pro if you have it already) and reinstalling normally. Revo does a good job at removing leftovers the windows uninstaller can miss in case there's some leftover settings or something that's causing the issue. I worked as a technician in a PC repair shop "in my previous life" and occasionally this would help resolve problems. Good luck!
Thanks again for looking into it! This is what's throwing me off -- I don't see the black bar when I initially import the media into PD, only after rendering.

When you say "zoom in" you mean open it in PiP Designer and do it from there? Also I'll look into Handbrake as you suggested.
Go to: