Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I keep getting random "shadow files" warnings but I just click them off and everything works fine and videos turn out great. But now it's annoying as it is coming up constantly interrutping my work. How can i fix this?

Thanks.

Thank you for those suggestions, I'm definitely going to try them. I've only had this happen once, months ago, but it was a fluke, I didn't change anything, and it's done fine till now. In between the last time last month and now I had a couple of recordings and they were fine. So it's just so random after months of routine editing and production of the final video.

I'll let you know how it goes for sure. Thanks again.

Hi Jeff

Well I tweeked things around in OBS but reset back to previous normal setting as it didn;t change anything. BUT in Power Dir. I set my own format for production of the final video with only one change (per your suggestion) - I set it at 30 fps (appeared to be at 24 or 25 before). Now each video is coming out way smoother and normal looking.

Thank you!!
Walt

I was never able to download your source, just your PD produced file which had a slight lag in every player I tried. The issue sure sounds like PD's often poor handling of variable fps or variable bitrate source files. This will raise its head randomly as it depends how variable the source really is. I know you said you've made no changes to settings, but how and what you are recording with OBS could have big effect on both fps and bitrate and potentially lead to sync issue in PD.

You might try some settings in OBS, like setting a constant bitrate output, CBR. Your last produced file was 29.97fps, not sure if that matched OBS source video either which is usually common fps so 30 or 60fps vs NTSC.

I'd try to be very consistent between OBS capture and PD produce to prevent as many translations as possible and see if you have any better sync luck.

Jeff

Thank you for those suggestions, I'm definitely going to try them. I've only had this happen once, months ago, but it was a fluke, I didn't change anything, and it's done fine till now. In between the last time last month and now I had a couple of recordings and they were fine. So it's just so random after months of routine editing and production of the final video.

I'll let you know how it goes for sure. Thanks again.

I downloaded as well, and it's clearly out of sync for me. Tested on 5 different computers, 3-5 players (PotPlayer, VLC, WMP, PlayerFab, Movies & TV) on each computer.

At least redoing fixed the issue whatever it was.

Jeff

Well Jeff, It's doing it again. Recorded video clips are fine, in sync, but after it has been produced (two podcasts I just did today) the lag is small but noticeable. This time Handbrake helped it enough but can still notice a slight lag. I don't. Last week did some podcasting and no problem - and again, nothing done to change any settings at all on anything. Plus this PC is the strongest, fastest and with the most memory and CPU speed I have ever had.

Throwing my hands up in the air,
Walt
Quote One last suggestion is to try playing the produced clips with a different media player (like VLC or PotPLayer) or even on another device to see if the sync issue might be related to a specific app or even device.

UPDATE: I was able to download and view your produced clip, and I don't see any places where the audio has gone out of sync.

I really think you need to try using other apps for viewing and/or look into why you might be having playback issues with you PC. Everything seems to be normal from where I sit.

That'svery interesting. I used VLC, Movies & TV (Win 11 stock player), and others and all were lagging. I played other previous vids and all were fine on same players.

But - in the end - I recorded all the raw video again, put it into PD 365, used all normal previous settings, all same computers, no changes, and it came out in sync, fine, beautiful and already uploaded it to the podcast websites for release.

THAT was a very weird experience, one I don't want to experience again. Thank you immensely for all the help!!!!!

wrswaim
Quote Ha we're trading "insufficient priviledges" errors

In my case, it looks like CL deleted the post that described how to share a OneDrive or Google Drive file, and without that knowledge, you shared a link that can only be accessed by signing in to your OD account:

Try this Microsoft article instead, and follow the steps under Share by using "Copy link" and uncheck the Allow editing box so nobody can delete it.

Oh wow that is weird too - i set it up so anyone can see it and even edit it. LOL I'm just not battin' 1000.

And it gets weirder - I have checked the original recordings countless times today (the original clips of me talking as recorded in the beginning) and they were perfectly in sync. After I sent that to you here I looked one more time before going to bed and now even they are a split second delayed. I wanted to scream!

So here is what I will do for the moment and will report back: Since it isn;t a ton of recording, I will go back, re-record the sessions and try to piece it together all over again - and see what happens then.

So give me a day or two and will report back here - I may save all of us time. I am immensely grateful for the time spent with my problem already.

Talk to ya soon.
Quote No need to post in the other discussion. Are you willing to share the clip here on the forum? You say you haven't changed anything but something's very wrong if nothing you've done makes any difference now.

You can upload the source clip to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.

Just in case it's something specific about your exact project, you could use File | Pack Project Materials... and save everything to a cloud folder so other people can see how things go on their systems

Hi! First, thank you for your assistance. I did click on thatFAQ and it said I didn't have sufficient privileges to access it (??).

No prob at all sharing it - here is the OneDrive link to the produced final clip:https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArhgvjjCUVbzho8XJ8_hVMBQh0whJw?e=vGsM5o

Here is the original source clip: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArhgvjjCUVbzho8Y6cI_yQQOw1VzXg?e=CEAgxZ

For a 10 minute video this is really getting strange and complicated. If handbrake can't fix it, I don't know what will. All I know is I have produced dozens and dozens of videos and never had this happen like this before. I usually drop my stuff in PD, produce it and there it is all nice and tidyand I am done and on to the next thing. I never make any changes to settings. What is weirder is the source file is fine - no sync problems at all, normal as can be.

Thank you - look forward to seeing if it happens to you or anyone else.

Thank you. I usually don't do recordings on my phone, it's done with a Canon camera and recorded in OBS. The recordings are in sync and fine. It's only in the final production of the final mp4 that it's suddenly out of sync. It's never happened before and I've changed nothing from any previous recordings. It's very strange. I'll try Handbrake.

Thanks again

Justtried handbrake, several passes, tweakingthe settings each timeandstill the video lags behind the audio. So frustrating. Thank you for trying to help.
Quote Are you editing video with a variable frame rate?

My tutorial should give you more information on what's going on and how to fix it.

I am having a problem where the video is laggingbehind the video after it's produced (it's fine and in sync before that). I tried handbrake but no change. Any other ideas to help?
Quote I think you might be working with a clip that has a variable frame rate, which is common when recording with cell phones. Many video editing apps have trouble keeping the A/V in sync with these kinds of clips, and the best approach for existing clips is to convert them to constant frame rate using something like Handbrake. This discussion has a video tutorial for doing so

Thank you. I usually don't do recordings on my phone, it's done with a Canon camera and recorded in OBS. The recordings are in sync and fine. It's only in the final production of the final mp4 that it's suddenly out of sync. It's never happened before and I've changed nothing from any previous recordings. It's very strange. I'll try Handbrake.

Thanks again
I have a 10 minute video for my podcast, all is well with it, audio/video match perfectly. But no matter how i have the settings for producing it into it final form the audio is behind the video. Never happened before and I made no changes to settings. HELP!
I am working with CyberLink support on the issue but stumbled on a weird solution. I repeat titles in my videos so will usually copy one of the previous ones and paste it later on the timeline and on it changing the wording. This time I dragged the title from the resource area each time and dragged it to the timeline and made any needed changes. The font consistently remained the same throughout the video after it was produced. That has been the fix for 2 videos now and they produced fine! No idea why it made any difference but it works again!

Wrswaim
That;s part of the problem - it is happening randomly with various fonts. Also in the same video, the same title works fine in a couple of places then the thrid or fourth time it gets converted into a generic font. It's all random - and then other titles used in the video come out just fine. See the attached (2 before and 1 after).

Thanks,
wrswaim

Quote Hello,

Thanks for this.

Please also provide the exact font your are having issues with, and a before (in the title designer and preview window) and after photos. We have the after, once produced. Then we can test on our machines to see if we experience the same issue.

You should also report this to CyberLink using the tech support link in the signature below.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
The Dx Diag is attached.

Also the PDR version is also seen in an attached screenshot.

Thanks,
wrswaim

Quote Thank you! Will do. You can see my attached pics right?

It occurs with that one I circled in red but also has happened with other titles I use. What's stranger is it happens to not all of them even though they are identical. I have typed in some different titles but for instance, that "like video" one is premade, i don;t mess with it. This all just started happening all of a sudden.

I attached pic of settings in general, hardware acceleration & produce. Again these were the same settings when it didn;t do it then changed suddenly a few days back. Very frustrating.

I will have to work on the other 2 things you requested for me to include.

wrswaim

Thank you! Will do. You can see my attached pics right?

It occurs with that one I circled in red but also has happened with other titles I use. What's stranger is it happens to not all of them even though they are identical. I have typed in some different titles but for instance, that "like video" one is premade, i don;t mess with it. This all just started happening all of a sudden.

I attached pic of settings in general, hardware acceleration & produce. Again these were the same settings when it didn;t do it then changed suddenly a few days back. Very frustrating.

I will have to work on the other 2 things you requested for me to include.

wrswaim

Hi,

Don't think this has been reported before so it's not a widespread problem on the forum.

More details will be necessary for members to help out.

These steps will help folk to help you :

Generate a DxDiag and post it as a text attachement file, it's too long for a copy and paste post
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page#post_box_392510

Check the exact version of PDR you are using
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page#post_box_392510

Does this happen with all titles or just one? My system shows 705 titles for example.
Does it happen with all fonts or just specific ones?
Can you give an example using just a sample file so that others can replicate and test?
What production settings and profile are you using?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
A new problem has cropped up for my podcast videos made on PD-365: As you can see in the attached pics (problem boxed in red), fonts are changed to a generic font upon producing/publishing the final video in mp4 format. This had not happened for months and suddenly does this without any change in my settings. This is seriously messing up the quality of the videos toward the audience and need a fix urgently.

Thank you !
wrswaim
Quote The DxDiag test results will provide the technical details that can help people figure out what's going on.

Will do and will update this thread.
Quote There are clearly some issue with your computer. You can post the results of the DxDiag test (as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide) here, and that will give forum members a better idea of what's going on.

You should also contact CL tech support from this page.

I hope not it is brand new and working fantastic otherwise - tons of memeory and fast. What's weird is I just now tried to produce it one more time and randomly, lo and behold, it did it just fine - i changed nothing. I must have tried this dozens of times today.

This can be done in Preferences/Hardware Acceleration. Uncheck Enable hardware decoding as suggested by Warry. It should render correctly now if fvrt is unchecked.

Thank yall again. I did do that as suggested and several other combinations of the above and it still will not produce the mp4 video. I am stunned - PD has just been so effortless in making my podcast videos and then this all of a sudden. Could it also be that I have Windows 11 and PD is glitchy with it and doesn;t work so well with Win 11 yet?

Thanks
I have another new problem that just now pops up. I have several B roll mp4's that I am dropping into my video podcast. But whenever i start up that project in PD365 as it loads everything it stops at every one of those mp4 video clips and says they are broken or whatever and to retry. But if I hit ok anyway and keep going with that on each time it does it, it stops and the videos are fine and play fine.

It is time consuming and annoying - can you help me fix this?
thanks,
wrswaim
Go to: