Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ah you're right actually, scaling does break with adaptive sync turned on in the monitor OSD as well.

I must have left adaptive sync off while I was messing around with this last night.

So yeah 120Hz + Adaptive sync off gets the desired behavior.
A couple of steps that would be unneccesary if powerDVD allowed smart scaling but it'll do for now!
Thanks for the tip Smaxx, it didn't work for me but you put me down the right path!

Im using a Samsung G9 Neo (LS49AG950NUXEN) - when I disable adaptive sync it does indeed come up as a different screen but customize resolution is greyed out in the Nvidia drivers. However if I switch the screen from 240Hz down to 120Hz in the screens OSD a bunch of extra resolutions comes up, including 3440x1440! I then set the scaling mode to perform scaling on gpu and select no scaling. I'm left with a 21:9 resolution with black bars either side as I wanted, and "crop to fill" looks correct.

So in my case I leave adaptive sync on and just switch from 240Hz down to 120Hz.

Edit: Adaptive sync needs to be off for the scaling to work, so 120Hz + adaptive sync off then select 3440x1440 and "no scaling" with gpu scaling.
Go to: