Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just wondering if it will be possible to restore the transparency controls for the video clips in the next version? As it is, I would be very loathe to update now given the discussions, and my own experience with the functionality of changing the transparency levels of individual video clips.

If however a definitive statement were to be made stating that the next iteration will restore this, I'd be much more likely to upgrade.

For what it is worth, I really like the new colour-coding of the video and music clips on the timeline and this is very useful. But please continue to build on past builds rather than "streamline," especially in cases where useful features are made more obscure and hard to find.
Quote Look at the attatchments in numerical order. I was only able to post 3 screenshots, here's the last one.

Here's the last one - again stating the video line SHOULD be showing . . .

Thanks for posting these. It looks like, based on that, that the functionality is there but you have to enable it for each clip first.

Is this possibly a case of the developers just not realizing how much people use this feature?

I hope they will take our comments to heart and make it the default rather than an option.
I have to add my voice to the chorus stating that this decision is completely baffling. Power Director has become much, much less useful now and far more labour intensive. Software engineers seem to love changing things for the sake of change, and this is perhaps one of the best examples of fixing something that was never broken that I've seen in a long time.

I hope CyberLink will be responsive to the community and replace this functionality.

I'll also add that I couldn't even find any information about it in the actual documentation and had to go to a private users site on Facebook to even understand what was happening.

While I'm at it, I guess I can add it took me 20 minutes of frustrating searching just to find the voiceover feature, which itself was not intuitive since it was in the menu marked ". . ." for some odd reason in the previous version.

I don't understand who these changes benefit, or how.
Go to: