Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As a complemet to CLD comments, a divx/mpeg4 coded file in AVI will play in most of actual DVD players.

Quality will be quite similar to MPEG2, but output size will be smaller.

However, you will loose the Menus capabilities you have in DVD-Video mpeg2 format.

Best Regards
Hi Georg,

What you say is true.

But this tool gives you much more control on WHEN date is included, HOW (font, color size,...) and WHERE (position of date over the clip....

Youa heve the additional benefit that you can apply despite how you capture the DV clip.

In my case I had old captures wich I didn't remember the extact date. Since you apply the tool to the captured file you can use it whith old captures, as I did, to recover the date information

Best Regards
In my readings through the forum I've seen some questions about how to add the DV Time Code to Video clips.
Since I've have had the same problem I want to share the solution I've founf with all forum members.

Lets say upfront that I've used a comercial solution. However the cost its so low ($19,50) that I think its an excellent investment. Don't have any comercial interest in this software. I just purchased the solution and I think is pretty simpe to use, it solves a common problem, works well and deserve the money you've paid for.

- DV tapes have the time code embeded in the video recording. The time code data is transferred to the DV-AVI file when you capture the video clip to you PC, providing you do the capture in DV. If you capture in mpeg-2, mpeg-4 or whatever other system, this data is lost, and is not recoerable unless you do the capture again.

- I've found a software called vDTS, that is able to take the captured DV-AVI file and add the time code information over the image. Please note that you have to run this utility before doing any editing and/or rerendering of the file.

- Very offen we decide not to add time and/or date while recording with the camcorder. If we do that we can't remove it afterwords. With this solution you can avoid that problem because you can always add date/time later.

- vDTS give us the option to add this information selectively after capturing the clip. You can choose if adding time and or date (multilanguage, even in Chinesse), the position in the screen, the font, size, color. As well you can choose if adding date/time in all video footage, or just for a few seconds after each time change, scene change, or randomly... It's highly configurable. After adding it you can use the genrated output (still DV-AVI) in your PD or PP application.

If somebody needs it, I can send you a PM with the URL (or just use google). There is a trial version that allows you to test the tool, ut includes a "Trial" watermak.

Hope this is useful and of interest for some forum members.If you have any additional question, post it

Best Regards

http://www.hamienet.com/midi2mp3

It convert to wav as well

Here is one. Its online and free.
You'll find many doing a search in Google.

Regards
Hi Arturo,

I raised same question few weeks ago and haven't had an answer. Even my post has disappeared (at least I can't find it).

I guess you refer to the main menu on the pre-designed menu templates, and not to the chapters menu.

This was exactly my question. Since there was no answers I'm afraid that PD selects automatically the clip from the first chapter, and can't be changed.

Lets see if somebody can confirm it, or provide a workaround.

Best Regards
Quote: I read a post this morning that build 1829 was available.

Dafydd, recommended contacting customer support at:
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html
Ask for the latest build and state a reason..........

To my surprise not only did they respond within 15 minutes on Sunday morning but they also send me a link to the latest version.

I'm happy to report that the issue I was having with SVRT for AVCHD was resolved in this latest build.

Now that's EXCELLENT customer support. Keep up the good work.

If there is a patch available, why don't CL simply make it available for all users, and not only for those who "e-mail Customer support and state a reason...".
I think that the best reason is that everybody paid for a bug-free software. I understand that softwrae is complex and bugs may appear, but fixes and patches should be available for everybody.....

Hope will happen soon.
If you wan'r a DVD-Video format with chapters, you have to generate all clips at one.

Other option is to generate video files (either mpg or avi, ....) and copy the files to the DVD+RW. In this way you won't get a meny with chapters, but just the list of files on your DVD Player .

Hope this helps
Any Suggestion?
DafyDD,

Does your answer means that the rebuild already exists, but has not been publicly releases yet?

Some of us are already awaiting for it, even though we have not "complained" about, since we read in the forum that it was reported and in process.

Regards

Angel
I would recommend you to ensure that you do a clean reinstall.
Providing you don't have any other Cyberlink product installed, you have to ensure that after the uninstall you delete the Cyberlink directory in your Program Files, and that you clean all registry keys related to Cyberlink and PD.

Take a system restore point before doing so.

In ths post McLean explain this more in detail, but this is basically the approach:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3345.page

After that, you can reinstall and start with a new Project.

Hi,

I'm new in Power Directo 7. My first experiences have been good, not having issues as some users in the forum.

I've found that the videoclip scene in the main DVD menu (Play / Chapters) is automatically inheritted from the videoclip scene selected for the first chapter in the production.
Is that right or I'm wrong?

My question is: Is there a way to select this video clip scene for the main menu, other different than those selected for the Chapters?
If so, how?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Go to: