Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi. Apologies for reopening this thread when it's marked as "solved" by the original poster. I just didn't find the need to open a new thread for a similar matter. Let me know if I need to open a new thread or ticket.

What if you still NEED to sync most of your document files to OneDrive cloud BUT don't WANT to sync your Cyberlink files on the cloud? Note, that this does not only affect PowerDirector since I'm on Director Suite. What happened was that all Cyberlink backup and temp files gets synced to the cloud immediately after installation (because it wasn't asked where to store them to begin with). So I ran out of space on my cloud storage right away (which are not intended to store Cyberlink files).

Attempting to change all changeable paths available on Preferences (while tedious) will not entirely solve the issue as there ar folders that are still (at present PowerDirector version), will still default on the local OneDrive folder that gets synced to the cloud:

OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\MyGradients
OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\MyTitles
OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\MyTrans

I recommend the following solution for Cyberlink dev team:

Allow users to choose their own folders UPON installation (at least for those that are known to be installed on the local folder that gets synced to OneDrive by default). Then users like me, don't get VERY frustrated that it messed up their current settings and WILL involve so much time to waste just to get it under control.

My two cents.

Best regards

Julian
Go to: