Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not to be overly dramatic, and I'm just one Mook - but between this kind of issue that keeps occuring now and again, and the need to have an internet connection to USE the cyberlink program(s) - the sunk costs argument of continuing to use cyberlink no longer makes sense to me. I often use this program while in remote areas where there isn't any cell service (for me to make a hotspot so cyberlink will let me in). Having to get through the 'actavation screen' is BS - I only use this program on 2 computers (laptop and PC) and the only reason I even use the subscription version (vs stand alone) is to have the option of using it on my laptop. But half the time I can't when in National Parks and the such. So ... ya . . .

I've been here before, this time - needing to work on a project and no solution for the Opacity controol, I've downloaded and started the learning process on freeware DiVinci.

I can only imagine that the new feedback fourm that cyberlink is highlighiting is going to be AI serviced and another step backwards.
Look at the attatchments in numerical order. I was only able to post 3 screenshots, here's the last one.

Here's the last one - again stating the video line SHOULD be showing . . .
Hmmm. Count me in on being lost without this feature. WTF . .

Not one to just post here4 without looking for answers, I find a few Cyberlink Help topics that SEEM to INVOKE the line for manual editing - like we are all accustomed to. Umm OK, I'll bite - even though it looks like a few extra steps to get there. .

BUT . . . I can't get that to work either! Which makes me wonder if something got lost in the update?? I need a fix to this as well.
Note that on the last screen shot - it even claims the the video fade line is now showing and can be used - but I have tried 6 ways to sunday and never once have I succeed in getting hte video fade line to show up. Grrr~~
<p style="line-height: 100%; margin-bottom: 0in;">
<p style="line-height: 100%; margin-bottom: 0in;">

Not in the least. Please follow the steps ynotfish layed out to change the display size of PhD's menu text so that it's a better fit on your high resolution monitor

I do not see any steps in ynotfish's post - other than to check the display settings. Dragging open windows to the 4k screen works just fine - except to photo and power director programs.

Although just now (this time) - Photo director opened in teh 4K screen and looks normal. The issues seems to be when the program originates on the small / main / lower res screen, and then is dragged over, cycberlink programs don't adjust to 4k settings like other programs do.

I guess I need to figure out how to get photo and Power director to open in the 4K screen initally.
Quote Hi Willivan0706 -

Are you perhaps using a 4K/UHD (or higher resolution) monitor? If so, you may need to adjust your display settings in Windows (System > Display > Scale & Layout).

Can you post a screenshot?

Cheers - Tony

I'm having th is issue as well - on both photo director and power director. Duel screen set up - which is new to me. When I drag the window to the 4K monitor - the fonts/ menus are so small it's nearly impossible to read. Are you suggesting that when use PD I need to downscale the resolution on the 4K monitor?

Thanks

Thanks, I'll give these a look through - I'm sure this will help greatly!

Hello - Have several separate video clips of people saying a phrase.
My intention is to include (at first) a few of them at the same time,
saying the phrase (to music). This would probably over lay a photo.
Then as the song rolls around again to the phrase, add more so now
maybe I have 6 separate people mouthing the words over a background
photo.

Apart from syncing, another challenge is not having the
individual clips overlap the other individual clips. The closest
example I can think of is how a zoom meeting kind of arranges each
screen next to each other.

Is something like this possible?

Thanks,

More than likely just this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43754.page#post_box_226112 since it worked for you prior.

Reinstallation won't correct and neither will GPU optimize in pref.

Jeff

This was it - since it worked previously - that's what was throwing me off. Worked fine earlier in the day with the older driver!

Thanks JL_JL and optodata for you time and help.
Quote Which profile are you trying to produce to? Try the Profile Analyzer and choose Best Matched Format or anything from the Intelligent SVRT tab.

Thanks. The bigger issue is this (profile) is what I've been using all along. Cyberlink highlights the ability to 'upconvert' - and I often use that, saving me from recording in 4K, and recording in 2.7k instead. Been doing this for years.

That said - the opening and ending clips are already in 4k, while the rest of the video is being up-convert from 2.7k. This also isn;t the first time I've reused a title and closing clip already in 4k mixed witht he project material.

To your point - here's the profile I was using and the profile analyzer,
Out of the blue this error started appearing:

Getting this error. I updated the driver software NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti to V472.12

I can produce the clip if I uncheck fast rendering... but then what is the point?

Any help?

Another way is to double click the clip in the timeline and use the Fade feature there.

Jeff

Perfect - I didn't think that would work (when I first looked at the photo) - as I saw the PiP heading. But Boom - works perfectly - Thanks for the tip!
With the update, I cant seem to find the simple menu item that enabled fade in and out on individual video clips in the timeline. Previously, one right clicked on the video in the timeline>edit video>enable fade in and out.

That selection is no longer there. Has it been removed or relocated?

Obviously, I can manually fade in and fade out - but it involves more steps.

Anyone know?

Thaanks!
Quote Are you talking about using text that uses small uppercase letters instead of normal lower case ones? If so, you'll need to select a specific font that does that, like Copperplate, Gauge or Lavoir

Noted, thank you.
Just in case I've missed it, is thre a toggle or setting to switch to small caps? I can't seem to find it; I've tried to paste in formetted small caps, but it doesn't transfer.

Thanks,

Very aware of what it means. But Read the other user below me was having the exact issue. Something was broken on Cyberlinks end... This was not recently opened on another computer.

I'm having this same issue - my other computer is not on or using PD. I am alos getting this issue with Photo Director! I'm on the road and need these to work!

Never had this before - something is going on on CyberLink's side.

Grrrrr sealed
Quote Looks like you only have it set to decode which is in pref. On the produce page, tick the "Hardware video encoder" to use during encoding if your produce profile and timeline content permit, you will see encoding use in your monitoring task.

Jeff

Here's what I've enabled through PD settnigs:
Quote Looks like you only have it set to decode which is in pref. On the produce page, tick the "Hardware video encoder" to use during encoding if your produce profile and timeline content permit, you will see encoding use in your monitoring task.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. You were correct. It's a bit on me - for the first time I used the 'Profile Analyzer' - and let it select the settings. Normaly, I select the output rez, ect myself. It it changed the etting to SVRT!

I just ran the same production, with Hardware Video Encoder' enabled, and BOOM!!

I'll also post my settings from PD below.
I had some random issues with PD shutting down in the middle of
rendering, and an odd menu error, and at times PD was clunky ("PD
not responding") - so I did a fresh install of Win 10. Probably
long over due.

Anywho - I'm
noticing that I get very little GPU use when rendering - is this
normal? I don't have much of a baseline for the video card, as I just
added it about 6 weeks ago (formally using the integrated MB
display). So I'm a bit fresh with this card, and am uncertain if it's
resources are being utilized as best they can or should be? Is it
normal to have so little GUI usage? I don't render 3D, but do high2K
or 4k outputs.

I'd noticed little or no GUI usage on other rendering programs (GoPro & Dashware) prior
to the fresh install.

I've included a few resource screen shots and a DxDiag. Thanks!

That would be wayy to easy! I get a basic right menu of download (grayed out) or Delete. See screenshot.

If i go up tothe area menu and selects "list" I get the "parameter does not exist" diaog. See screenshot. These are sound effects and clips from Cyberlink's database.

Weird, huh?

When I select "downloaded" from the nenu highlighted on the left in the screenshot, 5 or so files show up and then a diaog "importing media' , when that closes it populates with the rest of the audio clips. Screenshot. So they must be compressed or in some other file structure/extension?
Quote Sounds like you've made a lot of progress đź‘Ť

To find the location of most any media library clip, right click on it and choose View Properties or hover over it with the cursor and a pop-up message should show the location.

That would be wayy to easy! I get a basic right menu of download (grayed out) or Delete. See screenshot.

If i go up tothe area menu and selects "list" I get the "parameter does not exist" diaog. See screenshot. These are sound effects and clips from Cyberlink's database.

Weird, huh?
Go to: