Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not my problem I have downloaded many many software programs including most versions of Power Director starting with version four (I think), my comp is a quad core i7 with 8 meg I also have Verizon hispeed, web service, so no it ain't me

I do appreciate your input and help though THANKS Dafydd

Let me add that my brother was a software engineer for IBM in the 60s and 70s and 80s, my kid recently sold his It storage company for 70 million, so we do have a little knowledge about these goofy machines
I love PD8 do not have the time yet for PD9 but it does show great promise my main issue was the fact that I spent almost an entire weekend trying to download my paid for PD9 ultra program, never happened, would you not be "agitated a tad?
hehe some folks are "disk full" of themselves

sorry board.................., he asked for it

why should the user need to check out anything when it could easily be avoided, as noted previously

I guess the programmer needs attention and wants folks to beg for an explanation, after all it would have been much easier to display "disk full" rather some dopey error code
That show another area for SIGNIFICANT improvement in the program why in the heck do we see a stupid error code, a beginning programmer could just as easily have a popup showing a listing of items you should check and or the reason for the error code
Cranston and all, I have the greatest respect for the members of the forum, my issue is solely with the lack of customer service on CBs part, I think their customer service expense is to pay one part time guy in, who knows where, minimum wage and he must answer 180 customers issues per hour or he will be terminated.

Let me suggest that Mrs Chang's name be changed to Mr's Ka-ching (cash register cycling) Again I browse and learn here occasionally, there are some brilliant and talented folks here who obviously have tons more patience than I have

again thanks all for the help

does CB headquarters ever even thank you for all your time
Nina.......A while back you posted a very unique and "awesome" project that you had developed with PD9 (I think) that is what I mean, I commented on it because it stood out as an example of what should be posted here rather than defending the programs flaws and quirks, thereby defending the creators. It is particularly maddening when quite a number of customers could not even download the PAID FOR software, me included
It would be magnificant if the beta testers could devote their time to the features (Nina comes to mind) of the program sadly they spend most of thier time defending its flaws and quirks
I am not a tester but did programming long ago with lotus, the problem with this company is that they come up with a great idea then are in too big a hurry to get it on the market and cash in

programmers too often BS the money guys with how difficult any tasks are
I have Corel Ulead Video Stdio and they provided a very well done instructional manual, would it be possible for Cyberlink ti do this?

Not a complaint, just making suggestions to help the customer

Canon provided a nice one with my Vixia also
there again it would be simple for a smart software guy to build in pop-ups explaining possibly the five top reasons for any problem

Now if the software guys are the same as they were 20 years ago they will try to BS you into thinking what a hard issue that is to fix, they would take a week and charge 3000 to fix it, when it only took them tops 5 minutes
On the lighter side, our local engineering group at Penn State U are currently having a "Rube Goldberg" contest, stating that they are making simple tasks ridiculously complicated, one student said he has been working on his project for two months and it still doesn't work!!

Guess what that brought to mind??
Well Dafydd would it not be logical to have a popup prompt advising the customer of the issue before he acted?
Dafyffdd must have the patience of multitudes

Seeing the posts on PD9 issues....... Dafydd I really think you should demand a new contract with Cyberlink with a greatly increased compensation package
Lots of great and helpful information

Having a ball with my new Vixia

Sticking with 8
I am assuming that she has her comp in the same area and wants to record to PD9 "LIVE"
My new Vixia HF200 arrived today, first look left me speechless

I know I know you will all be very happy now

it is a seriously fine camera

THANK YOU to the members who brought it in my sights
Would it work if you had a firewire splitter or hub, have your two cameras connected to the splitter/hub then one connection to the computer
Quote: Holy Cow he is at it again....

SuzyQ do not judge the knowledgeable members in here by the posts by.....Dickflyfisherman

Dickflyfisherman

I got an idea...... how about you going out and find that "perfect" video editing software out there that you seem to think is out there. And when you find it, PLEAS PLEASE let us know what it is and where we can get it so we can then download it and tear it to pieces too.

You are old news already and everyone is getting tired of your non helpful tripe propaganda, and somehow correct me if we are all wrong, but you seem to be not happy with Power Director 9..... WE GET IT....we are sorry... now how about being constructive and make a list of things that you have proved not to work and submit that for consideration on PD10.

Since you are that unhappy with PD.... why do you still hang around? The newbies and oldies are still going to trudge along and produce the best video can regardless you or I with the help of actual knowledgeable forum members. There are a lot of them in here.

Well actually, when I was a kid the Tawiaan guys worked for us, nothing wrong with that but I really do not want to work for them . I don't even know why I bought 9, fell for the sales pitch in a weaker moment , I guess t my thought was that PD8 was operational (after how many years) and I do like new and improved stuff I need to learn my new camera, heading for Belize, for a break, then my wonderful FLY FISHING for a month. Then some time on another week abroad, at least I will learn how to use a top end consumer camera, maybe this summer I will have time to look at 9 again, hopefully by this summer CB sees their lost revenue and finally admits that they DO NEED CUSTOMERS.

Bubba sucking up may save your job and it may not
I just come here to enjoy the show mostly to encourage new users that is not them IT IS THE PRODUCT

I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO FOOL WITH DEVELOPING PD9
Would it work that if you change, alter etc any feature in the program that a popup would appear stating what may or maynot happen when you do make that change or alteration, rather than force the customer to go through all the procedures (time wasted, adding to his/her frustrations

I seriously doubt that the head folks at Cyberlink have even used the software or tested it by challanging it with different procedures THEY COULDN'T HAVE

I remember when PD8 first came out it too was a consumer nightmare, first on the marklet with 64 bit what a usless bunch of tripe propaganda,

sales were horribly slow,

some genius came up with this selling idea to jump start sales activity

they produced it in who knows, couple of hours tops, just redid the 32 bit maybe an hour or two with a reasonably good programmer, then that evening dumped in on the hapless concusmer, bugs by the ton and all
I have zero problems with forum members BUT with the situation as bad sas it is immediate attention is required!!

Cyberlink is as much as saying that the customers time and efforts are WORTH NOTHING

If I were a shareholder I soon would not be a shareholder

BUt OK I will staY OFF THIS POST

THE FORUM REGULARS SHOULD GO ON STRIKE UNTIL mrs chang pays attention (small letters intentiona)l
Go to: