Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks very much - realised from your screen shot that I was looking in the wrong place to get it to work.

I assumed only had to be set in the main programme settings under 'display' but see you have highlighted the 'preview quality / display options' on the preview window.

Selecting dual preview under that - all works as it should, so many thanks, not an issue just not understanding all the settings!

It is the PD365 subscription version I am using.
I have for quite some time had PD set up on a dual display system, fairly certain was working correctly before and after upgrading to PD20, however recently the second display is not working correctly (though it is selected in the display settings)

The second monitor appears to recognise that it should be displaying content as it goes a flat colour but does not display any actual content. (see screenshot)

The second display works fine if you undock the smaller editing window, it appears on the second monitor as it should

I have tried a remove / re-install of PD20 with no change

Any thoughts appreciated
https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/english/2019/Q4/Black_Friday/index_en_GB.jsp
Does anyone know if it is possible to apply a special offer to a RENEWING subscription?

When I took out a subscription last year I was able to use a discount code (saving 10% on the annual subscription) which was helpful, the code is still available on my member page, be good to use it again this year!

Currently I have turned off the auto renewal, though I expect to renew it, be good to confirm if I can use the discount code again, and if so, how?

Alternatively - could I take out a subscription with the special offer currently available - 30% - prior to mine expiring later in September? (the 30% offer expires a couple of days before my subscription expires) This would offer excellent value!

As a side question- is there likely to be an actual new version this year - PD18 - or have the ongoing improvements that we have seen over the past year to the 365 version effectively introduced anything that would have come with a new version (as I understand the 365 version offers some improvements / options that are not offered to those buying the perpetual version?)
In case anyone else is interested........the answer from Cyberlink support......basically putting custom material in the wrong folders!

With reference to your query, according to your description, the most concerned is your "custom" titles, menus...etc, are deleted after updating PowerDirector 17 in Director Suite 365.

You also mentioned that you stored your "custom" templates in the path
C:\ Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector17\Titles or Menu sub-folder.

These folders are for PowerDirector "Default" templates, not "Custom" templates and PowerDirector does not have a setting to custom the folder path where "custom" templates are stored.

PowerDirector "custom" templates are acturally stored in the path and the path is not customizable.

Custom Title/Transition/Pip/Particle templates:
C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\1x.0
(1x.0 means PowerDirector version number. If it is Powerdirector 16, it would be 16.0)

Custom menu templates:
C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus\3.0
In this folder, each sub-menu "Menu_XXX" is a custom menu.

The "custom" templates mentioned above will not be deleted after uninstall PowerDirector.

It is expected that when a PowerDirector uninstalled, the "Default" templates in PowerDirector installation folder will be removed. Per explained above, "custom" templates stored folder path is not customizable. If you manually copy your "custom" templates to the "default" templates folder, we would suggest you to store them in the "custom" templates folder to avoid the templates are deleted with PowerDirector uninstalling.
Quote Hi,

Following further information received, could you also confirm if you have update Windows 10 RS5 installed?

This is because there have been reports that MS have stopped the release of Win 10 RS5 because of a reported loss of files in the My Documents folder.

Microsoft announcement [Known Issues section]: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

Reddit discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9l128k/warning_1809_upgrade_misplaceddeleted_files_in/

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I do have Windows 10 RS5 installed, but have not experienced any of the reported issues with lost files, everything is all in its place, the only things missing are in the Cyberlink folder on the 'C' drive. All the Cyberlink content in 'documents' is still in place.

The file path being : This PC > OS (C) > Program Files > Cyberlink > PowerDirector17 > Titles / menus etc

[Cyberlink] Online Customer Support (QuestionID = CS001941897)
More a cautionary tale than a problem!

Installed DS 365 without any issues and then as a matter of 'housekeeping' decided to remove DS 6 installation, to save space on SSD.

Initially just selected the main programe elements in the un-installer (Powerdirector / Photodirector / Colordirector & Audiodirector) but this still left approx 7.5gb from the initial approx 10gb programme file. Decided to remove the listed content and add on packs (again within the DS 6 un-installer) to enable full removal, aware that there was a possibility it may affect 'same name' elements of DS 365 installation, not a great concern as can be re-installed.

In the event any 'same name' elements were removed from both DS 6 AND DS 365, so had to reinstall via the app manager, slighty frustrating as was removing DS 6 and its associated elements, not anything that was part of DS 365, but not a huge problem.

This is where it gets a little stranger - I maintain a number of custom titles / menus / express projects etc that have accumulated over the years, (keeping a copy in a seperate folder, kept up to date by 'file sync' programme), each time install a new version, copy this extra content into the appropriate Powerdirector folder.

Having done this at installation with DS 365 and all content being available as required, having un-installed DS 6, (which relates to Powerdirector 16) happened to look in the same folders in the Powerdirector 17 folder, to find that all the additional content had been wiped out as well, not just the content from the inadvertently removed content packs. It was as if it was just the basic programme installation content.

Obviously as have a copy of all this content, not a big problem to reinstate, but it does seem strange that the removal of what should be effectively a seperate programme, would have such an impact on another installed programme, without any warnings that you were removing content that was used by two programmes, and more significantly that additonal content not in any of the removed content packs would be removed at the same time within PD 17, when PD 16 was the one being removed.

Others with more knowledge of how the Cyberlink installation process works may understand how the above was possible
If they have installed correctly they are under the 'plugins' menu as the attached screenshot
A user on the YI 360 Facebook group has produced an edited 'Profile.ini' file which allows export in 5.7k (several options)

see attached link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Yi360VR/1983173751903620/

Seems to work well.
Possibly due to a problem with my unit (have a question on the Facebook group about it) the USB port on mine only seems to function as a charging port - when I connect to the PC I get a brief message flash up about some sort of error / incompatabilty then nothing, does not show in file explorer as a drive, just starts charging.
As I tend to take the card out and put into a USB3 card reader does not create a problem for me, but would like to establish if this is how it should be or not, normally would expect a USB connection to show up as a drive when connected to a PC?
I have this camera - after much research came to same conclusion as you - that for the cost / video quality was the best available, (for consumer level rather than professional use) Also the early users who had it before general UK release very positive.

Very early days - bit of test footage; mostly in poor light so possibly not the best conditions; but been able to edit in PD without any issues, computer & program seems to handle fine. (I have been filming un-stitched at 5.7k, stitching in the YI Studio programme (batch stitching good as they do take a while to process!) Resulting stitching in my view very impressive.

My main interest was to produce 2D from the 360 footage, (as described by Hatti) tried the object tracking in PD which gives good results; especially if selfi stick etc kept out of view; gives the appearance of remote camera. Not tried the stablization yet as for the test bits done so far not been necessary, but from other users comments it is quite impressive.

There is an active forum on Facebook for the camera, one user already posted an edited 'profile.ini' for PD to give 5.7k output, which was previously not available, look for a post by Sandro Floris posted on 20.12 on the forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Yi360VR/

Camera seems to be generally well made & solid, I was also attracted by the removable storage & battery, making it far more useful, especially as battery goes quite quickly when filming, they say about 40mins - difficult to say when doing lots of short clips but probably about right

The manufacturers appear to be releasing firmware updates with new features so appears will develop / improve over time.
Hoping to do more over the Christmas period, get to grips with it properly!
Quote Hi ED

My Dual is working just check,,,, click on the Clip in the Markt clip you have in the Timeline must be blue !!

I have found it generally works, however sometimes randomly switches itself off (within the same project) So open a previous project; the dual screen is saved in settings, do some editing / producing within the same project; back to the timeline, random occasions the dual screen not working and when look under settings back to 'off'!

Think it may be after producing clips, will see if can identify when it occurs
Dual monitor set up seems to have stopped working?

Worked fine before the update though believe had to set every time, (one of the patch fixes being to retain the seettings) now the setting seems to be retained BUT the actual function does not seem to work at all?

Only way can get dual monitor is by undocking the pre-view window and moving into the second monitor; like in PD15

When PD 16 first installed, certainly came with the dual monitor working fine?

Anyone else seen this change? Unless something weird on my setup?

EDIT

Appears that by selecting any clips in the library the second monitor starts working again, then works from then on.

Selecting clips on the timeline does not have the same effect, though once the previous step carried out the timeline clips appear on the second monitor as well
Hi Tomasc

I have also created Blu Ray discs AFTER I had problems with the project I am having issues with; which play fine!

Nothing has changed with my setup for a number of years apart from W10 updates; all the hardware is the same.

Will try the hardware encoding tip, thanks, see if that makes a difference,
Quote It does sound like that your standalone Samsung player is the problem since the pc optical disc burner/player is okay. Lasers get weak or dirty and can be serviced. You could burn the BD-R at the slowest speed like 4x or 2x to see if it helps. If this take care of the problem then you can get the player serviced.

Hi Tomasc

Thanks for your thoughts / suggestions,

I agree the issue appears to be related to the Samsung player; however it also plays other Blu Ray projects created in PD both before and after the problem project without any issue (have just tried a couple of them to check they are still playing OK!) It is not that old and has not had much use at all, combined with the fact it plays other projects without issue makes me think not a physical issue with the player as such.

So still wonder if either be to do with some of the content of the current project (maybe?) or the size that the player does not like? The project does contain footage old enough to be 640 x 480 resolution - perhaps not sufficient to be displayed correctly? (though of course it does play on the computer, perhaps has different codecs available?)

I tried a burn at the lowest speed offered (4x) this still did not give a different result

May try a project of similar size / number of individual projects but made up only of HD footage from recent years, see what happens with that?
I did post in the PD15 forum previously

I have been trying to burn a compilation Blu Ray of various projects from the past few years, so it contains projects originally created in various versions of PD and using differnet cameras for the original footage (since 2011)

It contains approx 15 projects and takes about 23gb of the 25gb Blu Ray disc

Both PD 15 & 16 report a successful burn at the end of the disc creation process but on all occasions the Samsung Blu Ray player sees it as a data disc with no actual playable data. It has previously played many discs created in PD without issue, both before and after the issues with this particular project.

When put on the computer through VLC plays fine so all the structure is there

This seems to indicate some incompatibiltiy between the Blu Ray player and the discs created by PD, however more recent projects burn and play fine, without any issues, along with older discs that contain one project i.e. one holiday video rather than the multiple holiday videos on the Blu Ray I am having issue on

At one stage I wondered if was trying to cram too much onto a disc so tried reducing the amount on the disc, however the result was the same.

I now wonder if the format of some of the older projects is causing a problem? Is this likely?

I see on the latest 'patch' there is a mention of improving the compatibilty of the Blu ray with mpeg-2 profile, not sure if that would assist?

Have created 4 discs so far so slightly reluctant to keep burning them but would like to get a successful result! Mainly so can watch some of the older memories on the TV rather than computer.
Support have sent me a download link to version 2.0.250 which appears to have resolved the problem as now works as expected

If this is a widespread problem they may send out to everyone, otherwise worth contacting them direct for the link, requesting the above version, takes a few days - I submitted my request on the 22nd and it got answered today 29th September.

Just the New Blue FX activation to go now!!
Also interested in the answer to this

Never had a problem previously; always been able to use NB FX from previous versions in the current version (or possibly never noticed!) but now have lost one of the packs which I did use bits from (both V & VI now watermarked)

Would have thought that if they came as part of a purchased version they should be yours to keep installed for new versions of PD as they come along?
Have submitted a ticket to support suggesting the license may be out of date, given what the error says? (as Tony has mentioned)

The version included in the download appears to be same as that which was included with PD 15

Hopefully will get a response,
I have noted an oddity from upgrading from DS 5 to 6 - though DS 5 is no longer listed in the 'Apps & Features' section of Windows 10, all its seperate parts are still available in the Windows start menu and appear to function as they should. If you select 'uninstall' then it takes you to the 'Apps & Features' section where it is not listed?

Looking in the Programs / Cyberlink folder on the C drive - both the new and previous versions of the individual parts of DS are listed

I would normally leave the old version in place for a bit but at some point uninstall to tidy up the system, which has worked fine in the past. (for example going from DS 4 to 5; DS 4 was still listed as a program that could be uninstalled)

Anyone else noticed this?
Go to: