Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Yes that is true but I prefer smart rendering as in svrt to give the perfect video quality. Cpu rendeing is my second choice. The majority of users may see no difference between cpu and gpu rendering. Others use gpu rendering always to save time.

Depending on what is being rendered like hevc then gpu rendering is a must as unless it is a short clip. Let us know what you found in your small test. I am guessing that you do not see the value of quality versus time of cpu rendering to be worth it.

Just food for thought:
My GPU isn't capable of encoding HEVC, so if I want to use it, it must be done in software. If you're willing to spend the time, you can turn down the bitrate on an HEVC prodution quite aggressively and still maintain quite good quality. It's worth considering if space is an issue or of your viewers can be expected to have plenty of CPU power but short on network throughput. (HEVC is also more costly to decode.)
Quote Which is higher quality, AVI or MPEG2?

AVI and MPEG-2 are both container formats and do not necessarily specify which codec is within it. They will vary in limitations as to how many streams and of what kind can be contained within it, but they do not directly affect the quality itself.

For instance, you can store a h.264 stream in MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MTS, and TS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave
Quote I place a clip on the time line and select it to move. The hand shows up , but when I click on the mouse it turns into an arrow goes into the PIP screen which is a pain. this happens often. How can this be avoided?

It sounds like the microswitch in your mouse is going bad. That's a thing that happens, and is why I don't buy $100 mouses. They're all prone to it. As your mouse continues to degrade, it will start sending more and more "click" pulses at a very rapid rate. It will eventually become so bad you can't tolerate it anymore, because you won't be able to drag screen objects.

Find a cheap gaming mouse that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. I like Redragon. They have a high DPI and a sturdy and comfortable enclosure, but don't cost too much.
Quote My old system was like this: i7 4770K processor + MSI RX 570 Graphics card ..
I bought a new computer today. This computer has a Ryzen 9 3900x processor (12 cores) and ASUS Rog Strix X570-F Motherboard.
I use the same video card on my new computer.
But the video encode time is the same as my old computer. Does PowerDirector 17 support more than 4 cores?

Certain codecs only gain diminishing returns from additional cores. I think AVC and HEVC (h.264 and h.265) are among them.
Go to: