Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote If you still have that previous version of PD installed then you can access the SmartSound from PD17. On the top left Click on Pluggins/Media/Smartsound quicktracks. The music background music in PD17 is supposed to be okay for use on YouTube from what I believe but others too have been flagged.

I just got a new laptop and don't have the previous version of PD installed on it. But it is installed on a different computer. Do I need to install that version first and then reinstall this version of PD? I see the PLUGINS but no MEDIA after that.
I just want to confirm that the background music which is within Cyberlink Powerdirector 17 is copyright free and that I can use it on YouTube. I've uploaded a video to YouTube and was flagged for a copyright violation. That didn't surprise me because it seems to happen for every single video I upload that has music. But I've disputed the violation and it's taking them much longer to take it down for this particular video which includes the background music.

I used to use SmartSound with my Powerdirector videos but now that I've upgraded to Powerdirector 17 I apparently can't use that anymore, which is disappointing.

Anyway, please let me know if this music is free and clear to use. I've been looking all over and can't seem to find any documentation to confirm that for me. Thanks!
Go to: