Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,

As members have already pointed out, it may be that there are local sales taxes etc. that apply. Without knowing the full details it is difficult to comment appropriately and it is not something that members can assist with directly.

I'm unsure as to why you would immediately accuse CL of anything underhand on a public forum, without providing full details of any steps you may have taken to get the matter sorted out?

In any case, the proper route is to contact support with all your details, so that they can ensure that your subscription has been processed properly.

PowerDirector Moderator

This is why. All i got was directed to the Forum. I obviously will not be contacted I'm just left to be told the same information by the person who posted before them. "contact them directly" which is what i have done.

So no one is going to give me a straight annswer.

ACCC might though once the fee higher than stated all over Cyberlinks website is taken from my account.
I contacted them directly and have been ignored.
Why is my subscription to Power Director 365 charging me more than the advertised price?
It's more than $30 AUD more than the 25% off which is advertised ATM.
Just another dirty trick from Cyberlink? I have 2 days to get this sorted out.

Thanks

After all these days, after my forum message (magically) CyberLink responded to me and accepted the refund. I guess.. thanks.
Ha at least you got that far. I was given a dead link to the refund request.
Quote You haven't provided any details about the clip and nobody here knows what your internet speed is. If you have a very high resolution clip like 4k, it will likely be between 1GB -2GB in size for 1:47 duration. depending on how you produced it. If it's 5.2k, a clip of that length might be almost 6GB. It takes time to upload all that data, even though the clip is pretty short.

If you have a DSL internet connection, your upload speed might be 2Mbps, and it would take 8 hours to upload that 5.2k clip. If you have a cable or fibre connection, your upload time would be much less, but it still isn't clear what PowerDirector has to do with the time it takes to upload your clip.

More details would really help us volunteers know where to look to try and figure out what's happening.

299mbs
The same video took 20 minutes to upload to youtube
Cyberlink are you serious?
Quote Hi all -

One of my alter-egos, "Tess Ting", has put it to the test.

15 random tracks were selected & downloaded. These were used in separate videos & uploaded to Tess's YouTube channel.

Of the 15 videos, 4 were flagged as containing copyrighted material (attached screenshot). Each claim was disputed via the YT process. After a few hours, one dispute has been resolved and the copyright claim was dropped.

I'd expect the others to go the same way.

Cheers - Tony

I've contested both but no reply for me yet
Quote Hello,

Now sure what you did Cyberlink but when you upgraded everyone the application manager locks up. I rebooted my system and sometimes I can get it to come up but most of the time it locks up where before the upgrade it did not. So something needs to be fixed ASAP!

Out of 12 times I was able to run PD from the manger 3 times. How ever if I dare click on the tab to addons it really locks up.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes I can no longer use it either.

SO I just got flagged again. This is bullshit!
I sent a complaint to Cyberlink support and just got a ridiculas cut and paste response and when I try to reply (from the reply box) I just get sent to another empty complaint form.
Obviously Cyberlink are going to do nothing but give me the runaround.
Not happy at all.

Also since the update I can't open the new Application manager

Absolutely! The problem is that the people who produce the music often have different licenses available, and YT's music detection system looks for a match to the copyrighted list and will flag your video - EVEN IF THERE'S ALSO A VERSION that's licensed through Cyberlink, or SmartSound, etc.

If the flag comes from "AdRev for a third party" all you have to do is copy the video's URL and go to this webpage and simply state that you have a license from Cyberlink (etc.) to use this track in your project. That's it!

It's a real pain that we're "guilty until proven innocent" and unfortunately, there's no way to "pre-clear" your video (you'll have to wait for it to be flagged), but the good news is that you just follow these instructions and they'll release the claim.

SO I just got flagged again. This is bullshit!
I sent a complaint to Cyberlink support and just got a ridiculas cut and paste response and when I try to reply (from the reply box) I just get sent to another empty complaint form.
Obviously Cyberlink are going to do nothing but give me the runaround.
Not happy at all.
I week after installing the product I get a 1gb update? really? with this as an explanation?

I would suggest people upload the video to a dummy channel and not the main. I got my flag almost instant. So PD would need to test each one of those music files and see if they get flagged. I myself have stopped using them its just to much work to edit music back in and upload so I just do not use the music any more I use youtubes instead.

I'm paying for them i should have the right to use them.

Hello,

We have been told that this should not be the case. The background music provided in PowerDirector is licensed for upload to YouTube.

CyberLink CS would like you to contact them and let them know which background music file you used and also provide a screenshot of the copyright notice. Once submitted, please respond here with the ticket number received.

If any users get copyright claims on YouTube videos containing the background music provided in PowerDirector, please contact CS and provide the above mentioned information .

FAQ for reference: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23343

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

My first video i uploaded to youtube from PD17 was flagged.
Quote I was just aboutto answer you, refreshed the page, and noticed the change in your post.
At least I can welcome you to the Forum. Welcome!
Thanks Barry. After struggling for years with being dissapointed by the final results with another editing program yesterday I decided to try the free month trial of PD 365. Purchased it within hours.
Now to get out there and get that drone in the air.

I just might revist some of my older video files too and give them the PD365 treatment.
Hi folks, new here and to Power Director.
I'm looking for a tilt shift plugin so if anyone knows where I can find one I'd appreciate a link
Thanks in advance.

Ha I just figured it out. I didn't realise PD17 had a masking feature in the effects editing options.
Created Tiltshift in seconds.
Coolness
Go to: