Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote No way to know anyone's skill level from just a few words.

You might want to look at Pixelan's CreativeEase pack which has a module called RiseShine. More info here.

Correct, sorry if that came out a bit wrong! No malice intended, that RiseShine looks pretty good, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help!
Quote It's not quite what you've described, but you may want to try the Vibrancy control from the Color Adjustment tool to make a dull video much more lively.

To access it, select the clip on the timeline then click on the Edit button that will appear above the timeline and use this slider:

You might also want to try the Saturation and Contrast controls

Yea, I'm not a rookie, I know all about the standard editing tools. Color adjustments, HDR, etc. etc. I've also played with the Boris FX and other pieces. Just haven't found anything that is as good as I want.

I'm looking for spectacular, not orginary color adjustments. But thanks.
I'm trying to make a video have a wet or shiny look, a subtle thing not over done. Just trying to give a dull video a bit of a shine.

Years ago I did a photoshoot of flowers for someone. The best way to get them to look really good was to mist them with water, put them in the freezer until they were good and frozen. Take them out, and as soong as they started to melt just a bit, add lighting and take your photos. It made them shiny and spectacular.

I tried putting my video on a thumb drive, misting it and putting it in the freezer, no good haha
Yea, I guess it's cleared up, clear as mud, haha.

Yes there appears to be two different types of lens flares, some that can go on an FX track and others that can't. I guess the ones that can't are the "new type" as someone mentioned.

Unfortunately the good lens flares, the ones in the lens flare pack which contains 48 lens flares, are all the new style which aren't very easy to get what you want out of them. They look nice, they just can't be manipulated and customized.

I guess the answer is to go back and find the ones from the old versions and load them in or go find some 3rd party ones that are nice. It looks like most of the ones I have that allow me to put them on the FX track are 3rd party ones.
Quote You'd have to add a FX track so you can add the Lens Flare Fx to that track so you can apply to only part of a video without splitting the video.

Jeff

Unfortunately I can no longer do that! That's my problem.

When you drag a lens flare to an FX track, it doesn't work and gives a note that says to drag it to the clip to apply it to the clip. So I don't have the option of putting it on an FX track, only directly on the clip. So then I can't find a way to adjust it.

Thanks
Back in something like PD17 or so, I used lens flares for a project involving live band video. It was very nice to be able to add lighting effects to the live stage performance.

Back then, I could add a lens flare to an FX track, edit the length of it, edit the intensity of the flaring and overlap/fade different lens flares during the performance. I could put a white light in from the side, then fade to an orange light in from the back, etc.

Fast forward to today, using the latest PD365 and I can't seem to do any of that! The Lens flare is only available to put directly on a video clip and not on a separate fx track, so I can't size the lens flare and I don't know how to edit the lens flares for intensity. It's like all I can do is put it directly on a clip, it runs the length of the clip and I can't do any editing of it.

What am I missing? There has to be a way to work with these lens flares in the newest versions. Most of the time these things are changed for the better so I'm hoping that with a little education I can make lens flares even better than I could in the past. But right now I can't seem to figure out how to control the lens flares at all.

Thanks for any help.

Yep, that's an option. For a group of us that have had issues, it dates back to at least PD19 with GoPro 8 Lens correction, PD20 with GoPro 9 Lens correction and PD21 with GoPro 10 Lens correction. Based on such, I'm not sure a valid solution will be anytime soon, just workarounds that appear to work for some.

The other option that often works is to "Produce" the raw GoPro footage in PD first, and then do lens correction on the produced footage.

Jeff

Yea, classic PD. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I used to do software development and you don't want to know what I think of it as a piece of software. And as a company they are very unresponsive to known issues and bugs. These things linger on for a very long time.

But unfortunately to get anything better you have to spend a lot more money and as a hobbyist it's just not worth it. So I guess we take the good with the bad.

That's a great suggestion about producing the footage and then doing lens correction. Is there another piece of software that does that reliably for GoPro footage?

Yes, the issue is definitely related to the application of lens correction, so no surprise removal works. The suggestion has worked for about 5 others so I thought it might work for you too, apparently not. It usually takes both GPU decoding and GPU encoding, two different settings in PD for it to work.

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestions Jeff. I guess I'll just not use lens correction until there is a fix.

If you have a GPU that supports your timeline content decoding and encoding to your desired "Produce" profile, often activating those in Pref > Hardware Acceleration (decoding) and enabling hardware encoding on the "Produce" page settings will produce a valid video stream in this situation.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I tried using my GPU and not using my GPU, it didn't make any difference. Either way it was rendered as a blank video. The only thing that fixed it was turning off the lens correction.

I also tried enabling the lens correction for various clips and not for other clips. It would render the clips without the lens correction correctly, then it would be blank for the sections with the lens corrections enabled. So it seems to be tied to the lens correction.
When I apply the GoPro Black 10 Lens Correction (Wide) and render a video, the resulting video is just blank. When I remove the lens correction it renders correctly.

This is with a 4k video, with several edits, and zoom/pan/crop applied, and fade transition between edits.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I also tried other lens corrections and also rendered a blank video. This is with ver 21.1.2401.0 running on win 11.
After a few adjustments to the project I was working on, I can now report that the new version has also fixed my audio issues.

Thanks, now I can finish up this project that I'm a week behind on.
Well there is a new version out today, 21.0.2123.0 but my audio problems remain the same. Of course I'm still looking at the same video project session, so maybe I need to do more testing. I just loaded up the project and editied a few things to force the old rendered preview to not be valid, and rendered a new preview.

Anyone else?
Wow, not only does this problem continue without an update, but I finally got a response from my support ticket.

I'll have to say, I'm totally embarrassed for Cyberlink! Their customer support is terrible! The worst I've ever encountered by any software company.

First of all, the response to my support ticket was addressed to the wrong name! They responded to "Jordan" which is NOT my name and not the name on either my original support ticket, my account, or anything else. I don't even know a Jordan, except for some famous people with that name.

Of course that can easily be forgiven and isn't a big deal. It's only a big deal when combined with the rest of the response. It's like their support didn't even read my original tickect. Asking me for beginning basic info that was included in my original ticket. Asking what version I was running, asking for a description of my problem, asking if it was still happening, etc. All that, and more, was included in my original ticket, which was also included at the top in their response. Wow!

At any rate, this has made me lose total faith in PD and the company behind it. I think it's time for me to look for a new video editing product.
As such, it's hard to believe they can release such an audio snafu, absolutely unbelievable, makes the product useless at release.

Jeff

Totally agree!
Quote Because I was traveling I have not yet been able to upgrade my 365 to version 21.
In this forum I see that a number of issues are mentioned. Obviously, things that went okay are not put in front of the members.
Given the problems with sound (looks like serious?), profiles, projects, templates and Boris gone (can they be found or restored?), some crashes and poor sky-replacement performances....
how is the performance (I am also thinking about the scanning of templates, titles etc at program start)?
what might be your expert advise: should I upgrade or best wait until there is a newer version?
thanks!

I would not update at least until the sound issues are resolved. They are serious and it's not usable the way it is. I'm sure they are working on it as it seems to be an issue with lots, maybe all, users. Hopefully a fix will be out soon.
First post ever here, but long time user who has produced many videos with PD over the past 5 years. Same audio problems here, only worse and I'm now on 21.0.2116.0

Not only do I get all the glitches outlined above, but I also have audio that is overlapping from clips that were removed.

Here's what happens.

If I cut out a section of the middle of the clip and move the end over to transition from the first part of the clip. Maybe an example would help me explain it. Let's say I have a 1 minute clip, I cut the clip at 10 seconds and again at 45 seconds, remove the middle section and move the ending over.

The resulting video has the audio from the removed section blended in with the audio from the end section that was moved. So it's like the audio wasn't removed when I cut and removed the middle section and it now blends with the audio from the clip that is suppose to be there.

At this stage of editing, I only have clips, "video speed," and crop/zoom/pan applied. All the FX are applied to clips later in the timeline from the initial audio problems, although the audio problems continue throughout the video.

As others have said, this is a serious issue and is completely unusable.

I can't share the video for copyright reasons, but I have attached a screenshot of the timeline. I also submitted an official support ticket for this issue and I would encourage everyone to do that.

Update Question - Has anyone tried unlinking the audio and putting it on a separate audio track? This would be a huge task for my video as there are many clips, so before I go to all that trouble I was curious if anyone has done that and if it resolved the issues?

This FAQ CL put together helps, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083 but true upward compatibility is a real need for serious development, and has been for years.

Jeff

Thanks, that FAQ is ok, but it sure would be nice if there was a page where you could put in the "missing file name" and have it return what pack that's in!

FWIW, I am also a DAW user. The program I use for that, they create a directory for each "project" when you save a new project. Then they ask the question when you save the project "do you want to copy all used files to your project folder?"

If you answer yes to that question, then everything included in that project is in that folder. You can copy the folder to another machine or give it to a coworker and it's a complete picture of the project. That's a much better way to handle it.

gabo

Yea, that's the first one I installed. I'll try the Content Pack Premium 2 and see if that works. There are so many packs these days, it's a chore sorting through all of them.

gabo

Ah, the Content Pack Premium 2 was it!! Thanks so much for finding that!

gabo
Quote Did you try the "Lens Flare Blending Pack"? It contains Lens Flare 01-48.

It could also be "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2" as that was the original "Lens Flare 01-02", I'm not sure if the other pack replicates. "Lens Flare 01-02".

Jeff

Yea, that's the first one I installed. I'll try the Content Pack Premium 2 and see if that works. There are so many packs these days, it's a chore sorting through all of them.

gabo
In the past, I used to purchase PD, going back to maybe PD12 through PD17. Then I started subscribing to PD365 in 2018 and beyond.

I also moved to a new PC last year, so had to install everything new.

Now I have some old projects I'm trying to open. When I open them, they give an error opening a number of screen flare FX that I had on those projects.

It's looking for files named LensFlare_screen.wmv, LensFlare02_screen.wmv, etc.

I have gone back and installed a bunch of effects packs in Application Manager, but I've yet to install anything that gives me those Flares. I've looked through old download folders and found a few effects packs that I downloaded back in the days prior to Application Manager, but all of them are available now in AP MGR so I've installed all of those, but no luck.

Anyone know where to obtain these flares? Would be nice if PD would allow you to copy all the files used in a project to the project directory. Maybe there is an option for that to prevent this in the future??

Thanks, gabo
Go to: