Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
stevek,

If by up-to-date you mean with Windows updates, then yes.

The capture device was plugged directly into a front USB port. I've never heard there was a difference (between using front and back), however I switched to a back port and the issue persists.

AV off. System drive? Capturing to a folder on my C: drive.

I see the artifacts all the way through the process: during capture in the preview window, again during editing, and on the final DVD.

Jim
I am capturing from 8mm video using the original camera to PD12 via Hauppage USB-Live 2 Analog Video Digitizer. Everything works fine except when there was any moderate jostling of the camera during the taping. While the image is fine on the camera's display, it is captured with lots of jitter, i.e. you see wide black bands that flash and wiggle while the picture bends and jumps. When this gets bad enough, PD aborts the capture.

Does anyone have a solution that captures without this jitter?

Thank you,

Jim
Is there a way to add reverb to an audio track within PowerDirector?

Jim
Thank you Carl312. That's close. I'd like to have a menu with "Play once" and "Play repeatedly."
Is there a way to add an auto-repeat button to a DVD menu? Instead of playing the disk once, it would play it repeatedly.
Thanks Cap'n Kevin and stevek,

I'm not looking for back up, rather editing the tapes and saving to disk so that we can easily view them on the family TV. I've already started capturing, editing, and outputting to DVD. But I'm just wondering if there would be any improvement in picture quality (and perhaps sound) if I used Blu-ray disk instead. I understand Blu-ray has higher storage capacity, so I'd use fewer disks.

Once I start editing video captured in high def, I presume outputting to Blu-ray will yield a better picture than DVD. So is the same true when starting with analog and non-HD digital sources?
I've got a lot of older (1996-2007) video tape to edit and convert to disk. I'm starting with 8mm. Is there any benefit to outputting to Blu-ray over DVD?

How about Mini-DV? It's not high def, but it's digital.
Sorry, Playsound, I don't understand anything in your last post.

Jim
So does this mean I'll have to do this for all my video projects?
I took some video of my daughter's soccer game yesterday on two cameras: Sony Handycam DCR-SR45 hard disk recorder SD (MPEG2), and a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX7V recording in AVC HD (1920x1080(60i)). I put it together in PD10 and made a DVD. Watching on my TV (65 in. 1080i), the motion was very blurry. Being a soccer game, this was an issue. After searching the forum, the similar questions seemed to address interlace vs. progressive in Set TV Format for each video clip.

So I went through every clip in the timeline (a ridiculously repetitive task that should allow me to select multiple/all clips first) setting the TV format to progressive, even though PD sensed that they were interlaced. I burned another DVD, and guess what: blurry motion gone.

So..... I have a solution that shouldn't work, for a problem I shouldn't have. Any advice?

Thanks,

Jim
Michael,

Thank you. I took your suggestion, and learned the following.

PD will now launch without trying to open the most recent project. PD will still attempt to launch, but will then crash if I double-click a project file (while PD is not running). However, if PD is running with no open project, I can double click the project file, and it will open.

So rather than a corrupt file, it seems to be too much to ask of PD to launch and open a project file (at least my project) in the same step. Considering my fairly robust hardware, I'm surprised this is an issue. Could it be addressed in future updates?

Jim

I had solved this same problem by unchecking 'Enable hardware video encoding,' which I guess is the same as the hardware accelerator you mentioned. So for future reference, one probably doesn't have to do a reinstall.

Jim
Sorry, I don't think I understand. If you are saying to go into PD settings, and choose autosave, I can't open
PD; it crashes during startup. (I have 'automatically load last project upon startup' selected.)

If, however, you are saying to locate my .PDS file, and launch it from there, I tried that, and it still crashes upon startup.

Jim
I spent many hours on a project yesterday that is not finished. Today, every time I open PD, it starts to open the project, then crashes with the message, "PDR10.exe has stopped working," etc.

I've rebooted several times, to no avail. Please help!

Thanks,

Jim
Thanks, Phil, that's helpful. Also, when I went back into the project, I noticed that on the Create Disc page, "Widescreen 16:9" was selected under video format. Perhaps that clashed with the 4:3 project aspect ratio. (You'd think it would check that before allowing you to do that sort of thing.)

I guess I'll stick to DVDs until I get all my older videotape converted.

And I don't think your guess was too WA!

Jim
Phil,

Yes, my video is at 4:3. Does that mean burning to Blu-ray is not an option?

Jim

PS What is "WAG?"
After burning a Blu-ray version of my video and viewing on a 65" HDTV, I see that the entire video is enlarged with portions on each side cut off. It's like when you change the TV format to "zoom," but the format is on normal. I have a DVD version to compare it to, and that version is normal. What did I do wrong?

Jim
Now that I've finished making a video, I'd like to backup my project to a DVD, and then delete it from my hard drive. But upon choosing Export -> Pack Project Materials, PD won't let me select an optical drive. It says I don't have permission to do this.

Is it possible to do this? If so, how?

Thanks,

Jim
Thanks, Carl, for your reply. I do have a Blu-ray player, just not a Blu-ray burner. Just to clarrify, even on a rather large HDTV, 65", a Blu-ray disk version will not be any more detailed than a DVD version?

Jim
Should I expect to see a higher quality picture if I burn my standard def video projects (from 8mm cassettes and mini-DVs) to Blu-ray disk, than to DVD (when viewed on an HD TV)? I don't have a Blu-ray burner, but would get one if it means a better final product.

Thank you,

Jim
Since I hadn't tried using the volume slider under the video display window, I took a look at that. It also was very low upon opening my project. So I raised to the top, and saved the project. But when I re-opened it, alas, it was back down to the bottom, and the Windows mixer slider was right back at 5.

There must be a setting somewhere to control this, or is the initial volume hard wired at 5?

Jim

PS I've given up trying to use the edit audio (Wave Editor) feature; it takes forever to open.
Go to: