Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
There doesn't seem to be a comparison anywhere and the features sound the same on the surface. What are the advantages of upgrading to PowerDVD 21 for someone who currently owns PowerDVD 20?

Has anything changed (or are there any planned changes) with UHD BluRay playback under Windows 10? New Intel chips and all AMD chips don't support SGX. That only leaves a small set of devices that can play UHD disks legitimately. Is that still the case with PowerDVD 21?
With AMD gaining marketshare (no SGX there, either), it's going to be tough to justify new versions of PowerDVD when only a tiny fraction of people can play UHD disks. My Ryzen CPU can't in spite of everything else (UHD drive, Nvidia 3-series card) being sufficient. People are definitely able to make it work using programs like AnyDVD, so it's absolutely possible. Hopefully PowerDVD 21 opens things up, otherwise 20 will be my last.
Add me to the list of people that desperately want the ability to play 4K Blu-Ray disks with an Nvidia card. I have all the other specs (including a Coffee Lake processor and the Pioneer 4K drive) but PowerDVD won't play any of my 4K disks. It's not like I'm going to enable and re-configure my whole system to use the built-in Intel graphics for one thing.

I'm not going to be getting PowerDVD 18 (which we all know is due any day) unless this is resolved.
Go to: