Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I wound up just closing the project and re opening and everything was fine.

Strange issue though!!!

G

Quote Funny you should raise that - I was experimenting with a set of slides in slideshow - just selected a whole bunch from a folder and dragged them to the timeline and saw they all displayed upside down. One of the slides was a panorama 4800x920 not in itself a problem file but when included in the set fed to PD everything goes upside down.

Removal of the panorama solved the issue - and unfortunately I have not yet had a chance to play further. I had previously used a panorama in PD without issue but don't know if it was the same size or smaller.

Clearly not much help to you but there is clearly something upsetting PD in some was that causes this inversion.

I will play further and may be able to specifically find whats causes the upset then its down to CL to solve it.

I am running PD16 Ultimate fully up to date v 2313.

Quote Hi Everyone,

I was just about finished editing my first movie with Power Director. Everything was going well. Just adding some finishing touches.

Today I opened up my project and every clip in my timeline is previewing and rendering upside down.

To be clear the thumbnails in the timeline appear right side up. If I click on clip in the preview window they are right side up.

However if I preview the movie or go to produce the movie everything is upside down.

I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it.

Please help!

Glenn
Hi Everyone,

I was just about finished editing my first movie with Power Director. Everything was going well. Just adding some finishing touches.

Today I opened up my project and every clip in my timeline is previewing and rendering upside down.

To be clear the thumbnails in the timeline appear right side up. If I click on clip in the preview window they are right side up.

However if I preview the movie or go to produce the movie everything is upside down.

I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it.

Please help!

Glenn
Shadowman - this seems to have worked. Thank you (and everyone else) who has offered ideas. Much appreciated!
When I go in to the produce module I can not even click on the hardware encoding section.

So if that is not checked then I guess it must be something else.

I do have a pretty old graphics card. Could that be the issue? I was definitely thinking software was the issue. But you are saying it could be hardware related?

I have a NVIDEA GeForce 9800GT card.

As you say it does seem like most of the problem is at the transitions.

Any further thoughts????

Glenn

Quote No, you don't need to use MKV or M2TS. That problem is independent from the container. With the infos from the input file, the only thing I can suggest is to render it without hardware encoding. The parameters of the input file seem to fit exactly the output parameters. I assume, that you do not use a 6 year old laptop with a "very fast" graphics engine for cutting videos? cool

As far as I can see in you sample video, the only problem is, when there are transitions. The other scenes are somewhat still without movement. The only part with much movement was the scene with the flowing water and that was excellent in quality.

Hatti
Hi Guys,

So here are the properties from one of the files.

http://www.glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Properties.JPG

When I did H264 I used 1080x1920, 24 FPS and format was MP4. Was this my problem? Needed to use MKV or M2TS??

I just tried again as an MP4 in H264 and it looks like shit!

Thanks again!

Glenn

Quote I see no "stuttering" (whatsoever that means). There seem to be some problems in transitions. Did you try to produce a video without "hardware encoding"? And please make sure, that your footage frame rate is the same as the timeline framerate and the produced framerate. Otherwise there will be indeed missing frames. The best way is using the software "mediainfo", that can be found in internet. It's free and does a good job.

And the Canon 7D II has good quality. laughing

Hatti

Hi Glenn

Hatti is absolutely right in saying that you should use as close as possible profile in production to your original media.

You say that you used the H264 container without success, but did you select the correct frame rate and format?

To make certain, put one of your clips on the timeline, highlight it, right click and view properties ( or use MediaInfo as Hatti suggested) note what it says about file type e.g. MP4 also note the resolution and frame rate. Then on the Produce page make sure you select the same eg h264 MP4 1080x1920. If you do this it should work.
Hi Hatti,

Thanks for your reply.

When I go in to the produce tab I can see the option to select Hardware Video Encoder. However I cannot click on it to enable. I'm not sure why. Are you suggesting this could be the problem??

The footage from the 7D II that I shot is at 23.98 FPS

In the prodeced video I selected 24 FPS

My timeline setting is also for 24 FPS.

Thoughts?

Thanks again so much!

Glenn
Hi Everyone,

I just recently purchased Powerdirector 16 and am trying to make my first movie.

All is going well and I am using the online videos to learn the features.

The problem I am having is that all of teh produced videos I have made have a certain amount of stutter. Basically it almost seems like there are a video frames missing. Or sometimes it almost seems like it reverts to an old frame.

Rather than try to explain here is a link to a sample movie I made so you can see what I am talking about.

http://www.glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Chile%20Video%20Blog_0.mpg

A few more details:

• The clips are from a Canon 7D Mark II

• I have tried producing in H.264 AVC with a variety of bit rates. Fast rendering off. Deblocking off.

• I found I got better (but still not acceptable) results using MPEG-2

• The video above uses these settings

http://www.glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Capture.JPG

Any thoughts here folks? I like the program but with the stutter issue on exported videos it is pretty much unusable for me right now. Hopefully just some setting I am missing???

Thank you so much for any advice.

Glenn
Go to: