Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've been using Power Director for some time but just trying to use Color Director to enhance my footage beyond what PD can do; I can colour grade a single clip from my PD timeline in CD and return to PD as has been suggested above, but is there any way of selecting a number of similar clips from the PD timeline and colour grade them in CD and take them all back to the PD timeline?

I know you could create a LUT or Preset and then use those, but then you could end up with lots of temporary LUT's / Presets created for various different location clips; also, when the CDR preset is based upon a LUT, the LUT is not taken with the preset.

I suppose you could grade the clips in CDR and then import them to PD; however, I'd prefer to edit the clips in PD, add music and beat transition points prior to color grading, as the playback is delayed and choppy once graded.

I would rather edit the clips in PD and create the video, then import to CD to grade as a final stage, and then back to PD, if possible?

Many thanks for any assistance/suggestions.

cheers, Dave 👍
Hi,

I’m a complete amateur and no knowledge of filming but got an issue with frame rates; any help much appreciated.

I’m using PD ultra 16 and tend to record & produce at 1920 x 1080; I’ve got a few cams bought over a few years; SJ4000 recording at 30fps; SJ4000+ recording at 60fps and a Sony HDR-CX625 recording at 50fps and want to use all 3 when editing.

I’ve experienced problems with mixing the frame rates of the 3 cams and so the question is what should be the best frame rate to edit and produce with?

As I said I’ve very little knowledge but done a quick test and visually, editing at 60fps and producing at 30 or 60fps seems to give best results.

This is not technically based at all and I wonder if someone with more technical know how can advise on the best frame rates?

Thanks.
Quote Hi there,

I’ve had a few issues with my HP Pavilion & Windows 10 etc. so reinstalling apps

I got a response from technical saying that I should make sure there’s enough space on the disk as buffering takes up a lot of space

I am in the process of reinstalling windows and then installing apps; so question is, should I install PD16 Ultra to my C:/ 120GB SSD with 66GB free or to my D:/ HDD with 800GB free space?

many thanks for reading this and for any suggestions

cheers,
If you got a 256 GB SSD, that would solve your space problem. SSD drive is so much faster that a standard Hard Drive.

Hi,

thanks for your response; but I've got the 120GB SSD installed in my laptop and not inclined to start changing it as I can just see problems!

I acknowledge the speed differential, but my worry was that installing on the SSD would give issues with the buffer use of memory and thought that installing on the HDD would provide ample memory for the buffer

or is there a way where you can install the app on the SDD and have the buffer memory on the HDD?

cheers,
Hi there,

I’ve had a few issues with my HP Pavilion & Windows 10 etc. so reinstalling apps

I got a response from technical saying that I should make sure there’s enough space on the disk as buffering takes up a lot of space

I am in the process of reinstalling windows and then installing apps; so question is, should I install PD16 Ultra to my C:/ 120GB SSD with 66GB free or to my D:/ HDD with 800GB free space?

many thanks for reading this and for any suggestions

cheers,
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm being tested to the limit!

Trying to keep it short:-

• HP Pavilion 17, 12 month old, intel i7, 2.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, limited number of applications, all working fine and no issues (apart from trying to use Windows MovieMaker!)

• install PowerDirector 16 Ultra two weeks ago

• following which, I got numerous and frequest Blue Screen Stop Code notices and PD16 crashes from time to time

• spoke to Microsoft - they say re-install windows

• Windows 10 re-installed, keeping my data

• still frequest BSOD notices and PD16 crashes now and again; BSOD most common IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, others include SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, DRIVER OVERAN STACK BUFFER, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA etc.

• called Microsoft - they say it's probably a driver issue (display driver) which needs updating and suggested contacting HP

• I've tried updating most drivers in device manager - still problem

• I've installed all updates from HP - still problem

• next step - reinstall Windows and delete all data??

I'm not computer illiterate but not good accessing and assessing dump files or using event viwer to fix technical issues with the pc, out of my depth.

The BSOD seems to occur at any time, sometimes when I'm not physically using the pc, and I'm not sure if it's solely PD16 related, or not; but it wasn't happening before installation of PD16!

I feel the PowerDirector installation must have amended some system files making the system less stable, or maybe it's a driver incompatibility between Windows and PD16, but I just don't have the knowledge to resolve it.

Any suggestions? Any ideas if it is a driver incompatibility and which one?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

kind regards,

Dave.
Go to: