Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It would be nice to have a setting to 'dumb down' the desktop version of PowerDirector to the feature set used by the mobile version. This would allow a project to be moved freely between the two platforms. Call it "Mobile Compatability Mode", or something along those lines.

The other option would be to add all the functionality of the desktop version to the mobile version, but I doubt that is feasable. :-)

Mike DeSanto
I thought about it a bit more, and I think it is on purpose. The desktop version has rather a lot of features that the mobile version does not. My guess is they do not allow downloading from CyberLink Cloud for that reason.

Transfering from Mobile to Desktop works because the features of the Mobile version are a subset of the Desktop features, so there is no chance of missing features when the project is moved.

I was hoping to freely move the project back and forth, tinkering on both platoforms until I finished the project. It seems that is not going to work, unless they give Mobile the same feature set as the Desktop, or add a setting to dumb-down the desktop version to mobile only settings and allow transferring back and forth.

Oh well.

TargetBoy
I have a project that I want to edit on both the PC and mobile. It is easy to use CyberLink Cloud to transfer from Mobile to PC, but I can find no option in Mobile to download from Cyberlink Cloud. I want to edit on both, transfering back and forth as needed.

I can use Google Drive to transfer files from PC to Mobile, but I can not transfer the project file. Is there any way to move a project from PC to Mobile?

- TargetBoy
Go to: