Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Taichi has HDMI 1.4. What CyberLink Advisor says to you?

TaiChi also has Displayport 1.2 I wonder if this would work:

https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-HDMI-2-0a-Active-Adapter/dp/B01B6ZOMIS

but not only do I not have a "HDR Not Available" (HDMI 2.0 failure I gues) I am gettin Intel SGX Technology Not Available and Intel Management Engine Software not available.
Yeah, marketing says "supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz" which I thought was HDMI 2.0 when I didn't know what I know now. HDMI 2.0 should be 4K x 60hz. Poop. Wonder if there's another Kaby Lake board with 10 or more eSata, will research.
Quote I'm thinking of starting to use PowerDVD on my HTPC. And im about to buy me a new HTPC, so need some help choosing the right one. I'm thinking of buying a Intel NUC. But im not sure Intel NUC's are sufficient for PowerDVD, for 3D bluray? And im not sure on which to buy if Intel NUC are good enough. It has come down to either the Intel NUC i7 6770HQ Skylake or the Intel NUC i7 7567U Kabylake. Which one do you think i should buy? And why? Are they good enough? Or is there some other hardware that are better suited?
The current Kaby Lake drivers have horrible 3D bug issues and have for months. There has been no recent response from Intel after acknowledging the problem months ago. I just yesterday tried again. Trying to watch 3D feels as though my eyeballs are being ripped apart. It's similar to a (right eye first / left eye first) poblem but it's not that, swapping that doesn't help. I'm currently using Android TV device for 3D. They have their own suite of issues for other things but play 3D quite well on a Himedia Q5 Pro and Zidoo X92. Here's the thread on the Intel forum. You can read the frustration increase as the months pass https://communities.intel.com/thread/112109
Unfortunately I bought myself a intel nuc with kaby lake last week. And I also have noticed the issues with powerdvd. 3d issue, scaling issue and some weird artifacts at first hdmi handshake (I think that is the issue). Do you know if the skull canyon nuc has the same issues? Maybe I need to return this one and switch to a intel nuc (skull canyon). It really grinds my gear that they seem to have no care in the world for this issue..
I haven't seen Canyon Lake reports yet. I returned my $700 NUC and components to Amazon about 5 months ago. I didn't realize the complaints had been going on for months prior (and still continue with no resolution.) bought a $125 Himedia Q5 Pro and it does everything except for 4K Netflix. I use the app on my smart TV for that. I haven't seen coffee lake reports yet but I am skeptical of anythig with the Intel brand any longer.
ASRock TaiChi Z270, i5-7600T, Pioneer BDR-211M. I have reinstalled "Intel Management Software" over and over including the version on the ASRock website. Hard to find an HDMI version reading on this board but I saw one post claiming success with HDMI 2.0 and Ultra-HD bluray.

I'm getting NO SGX AVAIALBLE (which is turned ENABLED in the BIOS) INtel Management Software not running, and display not HDR (I have a cable running directly into my LG 65E6P also tried through my Pioneer AC-95 receiver.)
Quote I'm thinking of starting to use PowerDVD on my HTPC. And im about to buy me a new HTPC, so need some help choosing the right one.

I'm thinking of buying a Intel NUC. But im not sure Intel NUC's are sufficient for PowerDVD, for 3D bluray?

And im not sure on which to buy if Intel NUC are good enough.

It has come down to either the Intel NUC i7 6770HQ Skylake or the Intel NUC i7 7567U Kabylake.

Which one do you think i should buy? And why? Are they good enough? Or is there some other hardware that are better suited?

The current Kaby Lake drivers have horrible 3D bug issues and have for months. There has been no recent response from Intel after acknowledging the problem months ago. I just yesterday tried again. Trying to watch 3D feels as though my eyeballs are being ripped apart. It's similar to a (right eye first / left eye first) poblem but it's not that, swapping that doesn't help.

I'm currently using Android TV device for 3D. They have their own suite of issues for other things but play 3D quite well on a Himedia Q5 Pro and Zidoo X92.

Here's the thread on the Intel forum. You can read the frustration increase as the months pass

https://communities.intel.com/thread/112109
I have this working MOSTLY but when I quit POWERDVD , Kodi pops up for like 0.2 seconds and then PowerDVD relaunches. It's an infinite loop that's hard to get out of.

<playercorefactory>

<players> <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe</filename>

<args>"{1}"</args>

<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

<warpcursor>topright</warpcursor>

<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

<forceontop>true</forceontop>

</player>

<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true"><filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe</filename>

<args>"{1}"</args>

<forceontop>true</forceontop>

</player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">

<rule filename=".*\BluRay\.*|.*3D.*" player="PowerDVD" />

<rule filename=".*DVD.*" player="PowerDVD" />

<rule filename="*.iso*" player="PowerDVD" />

<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="PowerDVD"/>

</rules>

</playercorefactory>
Go to: