Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yesterday, this worked- today, I can play no youtube videos from youtube. Ones that I previously pinned, I can play, but the ones that show up when I have "Most Viewed" selected, will not play. The rotating bars rotate for 30 seconds or so, then the message that was displayed in the original poster appears. Sometimes, a small window also appears in the lower right which has a title "600%".

I tried installing the 2705 update, but it went through the motions of uninstalling the version, and installing the new version and I ended up with 2307. I did keep my personal settings when I updated.

If I wanted to use my internet browser to view videos, I wouldn't have paid money for a program to tell me to use an internet browser to view videos...

Edit: BTW, this was an upgrade from PowerDVD16 if that makes any difference
Quote Yes. That was patch file name. I can now log on to YouTube but only a few items play. Live streams don't play at all. And the interface to access HISTORY, PLAY LISTS, etc is not good enough for me to prefer this over my web browser.

Do you happen to know if there was anything else in this patch worth keeping? Or should I just rollback to last version--in your opinion?

I can only reply to my situation. I don't use Youtube live play, and there has always been some videos that won't play- either they appear to hang or a dialog box come up with "Unable to play...". All I know is applying that patch seemed to stop all videos from playing and no error- just the circle going round and round, even for videos that I was able to play before the update. Therefore, assumed the update cause my problem, and I rolled it back using windows 7 system restore.
Quote It is now February 2017 and I also have same troubles. So today I check for update to software and download it. This YouTube sign-in problem is fixed but installation of update is problematic. It says it has error during installation and for me to reboot computer. But at least the YouTube issue has been fixed.

Was the update filename "PowerDVD_16.0.2406.60_Patch_DVD161012-04"? As I posted above, I managed to get Youtube working, but when I installed this latest update, no Youtube videos would work- only videos I had set as pinned videos would work. I resolved this by system restoreing to just before I udated PowerDVD16 with this latest update.
This morning, I was offered an upgrade to PowerDVD16, which I took. It upgraded me to PowerDVD version 16.0.2406.60 as per the file DVD_16.0.2406.60_Patch_DVD161012-04. Since installing tis patch, none of the youtube video links work. I am signed into youtube, and they worked previous to the intalation of this patch file.

This annoys me very much. I am thinking of uninstalling the program and re-installing from the intallation files and patch files that I have.

Windowss 7 Ultimate

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit 30 Jan 2017:

I was able to use Windows 7 System Restore to the point just before I updated PowerDVD and I have recovered the YouTube functionality. I will not be installing this update (or any others) unless there is a big reason to!
For those still having a YouTube login problem as I was, it is basically an Internet Explorer window with nothing in it that appears, and no controls or menus. I opened another internet explorer page to my home page (Google.ca), and used my password manager to login to Google (same as You Tube) and, after a moment, the previously blank page was populated with login info for You Tube, which allowed me to login, and solved my problem.

Hope this helps.
I have the same situation, and probloem. I bought a download of PowerDVD 16 Ultra, and if I click on the Signin link in the Youtube authentication, I get a popup window with absolutly nothing in it- and I have to kill PowerDVD to get out of that. The window won't close, and nothing further happens in PowerDVD
Go to: