Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thanks very much for posting this.

I just checked, and I see the same issue with 6 of the 9 NBFX packs that are installed on my desktop version: Essentials2-6 plus Motion Effects. Interestingly Essentials1 and 7 aren't affected for me, and neither is Paint FX, which I bought separately along with the Motion FX pack years ago.

I'm wondering if you've installed PD365 on another machine, and/or recently restored a system image on your current machine. In each of those cases, NewBlue may count that as another activation, and you're only allowed 3. I had just updated PD365 on my Surface Pro 3, and that may have put me over the top.

Since I have an account at NewBlueFX from the prior purchases, I logged in there and manually deactivated each pack, which freed them up again for use on my desktop.

I'll also have to license them on my Surface Pro 3, but the licensing process is to simply drag the desired FX to the timeline. When you click Modify, you'll no longer see the Activation button or window.

It's been so long that I can't remember if you can create a NBFX account and access the Cyberlink-provided licenses, but one way to get help from them would be to open a ticket from this page. Be sure to provide them with at least one of the license numbers that's failing to be activated. They generally will respond within 12 hours.

If they can't help, then you'll have to contact CL tech support. Be sure to paste the link to this forum thread in your request.

Thank you for your response. I do not have any other installations of PD365 and NBFX has been working fine until a few days after I installed the latest update to PD365. I have opened a tech support request with CL. Awaiting response.
With the latest update to PD 365 (v. 18.3.2717.0 - 64 bit) the New Blue Essentials Effects are locked. The message says your trial period is up. There is an option to purchase for $49.99 for each group!!! These effects were included free in previous versions. Now they have been overlayed with effects we must purchase from NewBlue in order to use them and no way to go back to what we had previously.

Hi,
All of us understand a degree of frustration, but ranting at Cyberlink won’t help, as they don’t directly monitor the forum, which is a user to user forum, hosted courtesy of CL.

So, being a tad aggressive won’t impress anyone and certainly doesn’t directly assist with solving the issue. As has been recommended, the use of the standard Youtube upload interface ensures users can upload videos through that path and no user should be disadvantaged too much whilst the issue is sorted.

As it happens, my latest informal info, as of today, is that CL have submitted the necessary info/modifications required by Google/YouTube and CL now awaits (as all affected users do) for whatever Google does next.

PowerDirector Moderator

Please be aware that this glitch also blocks us from uploading our projects to DirectorZone, where we can share our timeline to pass on tips and tricks to our fellow users. If you can't get the cooperation you need from Google to fix the upload to YouTube, no big deal. We have a workaround, but your tech staff ought to at least be able to make it possible to upload a PD project to DirectorZone without that process being linked to the YouTube upload. Has anybody even thought of this?
I recently upgraded to PD16 Ultimate and after editing and saving a project and exiting the program, the program will not restart because an occurance of it is still running in the background somewhere. I can find it under the task manager and cancel it there, then I can restart the program. I am running Windows 10.
Quote Hello William,

Just go to Help > Register ColorDirector...

PIX

Not listed on the help tab. Clicked on the "About" tab, not there either. See attachments:
I just installed the upgrade from ColorDirector 4 to CD5. I can not locate the registration link. Usually it is found by clicking the product name in the upper right of the screen, but that drop down does not contain a registration link???
Quote Do what you want. There are too many variables to consider. The newblue fx on older versions of PD are available for use in the newer versions of PD but not for those that upgrade to save $5.00. It’s up to the individual as most of the effects and temlates aren’t even used or missed by those who choose upgrade over a new full install. Save the money and save the hard disk space is up to you.

I kind of answered my own question. When I ran the upgrade from 14 to 15, the very first thing the install did was delete 14. I have everything in 15 that I had in 14. My situation was unique in that I was moving my applications from an old computer to a new one and I did not have install disks. Cyberlink Customer Support was very helpful in providing me with the install exe files I needed, but I did have to install PD 14 on the new computer before I could install the upgrade to 15. In the end, I have the same functionality on the new computer that I had on the old one. Big tip to anyone contemplating a new computer. Keep your original Cyberlink Invoices, product keys, and serial numbers. They cannot supply you with install exe files without this information.
When upgrading to a new version of PD, the bonus packs (or content packs) of the prior version remain available in the new version. Do they remain available in the new version if the prior version of PD is then deleted? I have upgraded several times but I have never removed the prior version out of fear that I might lose some content or some functionality. But it seems redundant to retain several prior versions of the same program and eats up a lot of disk space. Can anyone clear up this mystery for me?
Quote My guess is that YouTube thinks that the video that is being uploaded is a side by side 3D video. Check to make sure of the settings.

The second p[ossibility is that PowerDirector was asked to PRODUCE a 3D side by side video.

Check those and get back to us.

Yes, this is what was happening, but both times that I tried to produce the video in PD using the YouTube option, I unchecked the 3D option, but PD produced a 3D video anyway? Is there some setting in preferences that defaults to automatically select the 3D option? It is not the UTube upload that is the problem. The copy saved on my HAD was 3D also. What might be turning this flag on automatically, after it has been turned off? Thanks.
I produced my first video today using PD15. I selected the YouTube option and also selected the option to upload the timeline to Director Zone. The result in both DZ and UTube was a split screen containing two instances of my video side by side??? How did this happen? What did I do wrong?
Quote I got motion tracking to work by following this tutorial from Maliek for step by step instructions : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/49800.page#post_box_28tu6656 . Wildlife.wmv is the windows sample video file on your pc.

See the attachment on what can be accomplished.

Thanks so much. Maliek's tutorials are the greatest. He is always my first "goto" when I have a problem. Don't know how I missed this one but it got me where I needed to be.
Quote Hello!

I'm trying to remove the background of a character, to put another one.

I'm using the regional mask + tracking motion to create the mask around the character, and I put the background in green. I've adjusted it image per image to really fit the character.

When I return in PowerDirector, I'm using the chromatic key to have the bakcground transparent.

All that works, but the border of my mask is really not clear. Furthemore, it seems to have a lag between my character and the mask...

Did someone succeed in using that feature for that usage?

It is really important! Thank you!!

You got much farther than I did. I was able to create the motion tracker mask in CD, reverse the mask, and I ran motion tracker, but now I'm stuck. How in the world do I apply this adjustment to the video??? there is no option other than to save as a preset. Help text and tutorials tell me nothing. They get me up to this point and assume I know what to do next. I'm an idiot. I need step by step instructions. Anybody help. please!
Go to: