Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi KIM

Forwarding of a backup video file or disc from KODI to PowerDVD is not illegal or difficult. You need not a bat file or special programming. I use it a long time ago with different versions of KODI/XBMC and PowerDVD or VLC. You have only to write a playercorefactory.xml file for KODI. Sometimes it is also good to have an advancedsettings.xml in your Kodi\userdata\ folder. In the playercorefactory file you can write all ruls what you like, e.g. which file types (ISO, avi, mkv, ...) should be forwarded to PowerDVD or another external player or which disc type...

As example I forward all my backup video files from my original DVDs and Blu ray discs and also the discs itself to PowerDVD. Streams I play with KODIs internal video player.

Kodi is always running in the background and you will not have problems with the sound. Also after closing the external player you will come back to KODI.However, this is a link to the official kodi.wiki page where you can find all instructions about playercorefactory.xml and also for the advancedsettings.xml

http://kodi.wiki/view/external_players

http://kodi.wiki/view/AdvancedSettings.xml

Furthermore, you will find a lot of induction videos on YouTube or written instruction in other forums. It is not really complicated, also not for a lazy guy
Hi MLUM

I can also report that I'm very happy with PowerDVD 16 Ultra ... since the first update ...

I use it in the same way as you, as an external Player for Kodi. I have all my Blu-ray discs as full disc copy on my NAS in ISO format. I use ISO because it is the only way to come not in trouble by playing movies from the FOX Studios. If you play FOX movies as BD Folder structure, you will get a red screen with the warning ...your player is not up to date...

However, my Playercorefactory is a little bit different to your file. Becuause, with PowerDVD16 you can play ISO files direct, without using an extra program to mount it before. So you can forward the ISO file dircet to PowerDVD.

<playercorefactory>

<players> <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe</filename>

<args>"{1}"</args>

<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

<warpcursor>topright</warpcursor>

<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

<forceontop>true</forceontop>

</player>

...etc...

Best regards
Hallo Pustabiber,

was für Audioeinstellungen hast du denn in PowerDVD eingestellt?

VLC ist normal als Standart so eingestellt, dass es alle Tonspuren auf Stereo runter gerechnet werden. Ich weiß jetzt nicht welche Tonspur du in deinen getesteten Videodatein hast. Aber kann es vielleicht sein, dass du bei den BD Discs z.B. eine HD Tonspur abspielst und PowerDVD nicht so eingestellt ist das es Diese dekodiert und auf Stereo für deine Labtop runterrechnet?

Probiere doch zum testen mal eine andere Tonspur (Stereo, AC3) auf einer deiner BD Discs mit PowerDVD aus.

Beste Grüße
Hallo,

ich besitze ein Dolby Atmos / DTS X Heimkino und spiele dort 90% der Filme mit PowerDVD 16 Ultra ab, welches auf einem HTPC läuft.

In PowerDVD habe ich unter Audio Einstellungen (Nicht dekodiertes High-Definition-Audio) eingestellt, sowie (WASAPI Exclusive) und spiele so ganz ohne Probleme Filme in Dolby Atmos bzw. DTS X ab.

Voraussetzung um auch in den Genus der Tonsupuren zu kommen ist natürlich die passende Hardware, sowie die angeschlossen Receiver/Vorstufen müssen das nicht dekodierte Signal verarbeiten können.

Ich z.B. betreibe meine Heimkino mit einer Marantz AV8802a Vorstufe. Aber Dolby Atmos / DTS X können auch viele günstigere Modele von verschiedenen Herstellern dekodieren und wiedergeben.

Beste Grüße
Go to: