Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's been a while since I've used PowerDirector & just upgraded to the latest. My boss wants to know if I can make copyright-protected DVDs. I searched the forum & PD help files but most people are posting about how to get around protection If I understand correctly, the strongest protection is CSS, which I believe is usually applied by a replicator. So, are there any mechanisms in PD 365 to protect a DVD from being copied? Or am I right that I'd need to look elsewhere for CSS? (And if you're wondering why I'm trying to make a DVD in the first place, well, my boss is old school. What can I say?). Thanks!
Thank you, but my issue is precisely the issue discussed above other than the fact that my recent version Windows 10 Pro does not allow me to use noted solution above since it wants an email/pwd instead of username/pwd. Not sure if MS has changed something in Windows in the last couple years or what.

Quote It looks like you have a completely different problem than the OP in this discussion. Please find the correct forum for your PD version and start a new topic there.

It would also help a great deal if you could post a screenshot of the login screen so forum members can assist you.

Use Alt+PrintScreen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S), then paste it into Paint or any image editing app then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it in your new post.
All sounds like good advice that makes sense. That said, I have a new laptop with the latest Win 10 Pro & can't figure out how to get it to stop asking for an email address & password, as opposed to the username & password of the local admin account that I'm trying to run it under (as per the instructions above). Naturally, the local account does not have an email address.

Anyone encounter this issue?

Thanks,

JPC

Nothing worse than trying to find a solution to a problem and you find this!

I found a solution at https://serverfault.com/questions/809742/cyberlink-powerdirector-you-have-to-be-the-administrator-to-activate-the-syste

Solution is;

In any case, try running the application the first time as a "Local" user who is an admin, rather than an AzureAD user.
e.g. Create an admin user and run the program as that user.

• This Computer -> (Rigt-Click) -> Manage -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> (Right-Click) -> New User (Create the User)Find the user you just created, double-click on him, go to "Member Of" and add the "administrators group.

• Navigate to the folder where there is a short-cut to the program and right-click on the program with the SHIFT key pressed and choose "Run as a different user".

• Enter the username in the following format and the password as you set it: .\username

The program should run now.
I'm relatively new to PoweDirector and I'm finding when burning a DVD that the credits shimmer and jitter so much that they are, not unreadble, but not pleasant to look at. There seem to be some other posts about that but I haven't seen a good, clear answer as to how to improve the credits without AfterEffects. I have FCP & I ended up creating the credits there, importing them and eventually slowing them down quite a bit too. They're still not as good as I would like (I'm not expecting perfection considering the format) but am surprised at how bad the credits were in PowerDirector. BTW, under "Produce" I have the setting as "MPEG-2" and "DVD HQ 720 x 480/60i (8 Mbps).

Anything I might be missing here?

Thanks,

Jon
Go to: