Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After losing some needed functionality that was removed in the latest PowerDirector 365, i'd like to get an older version from 2021 to reinstall.

I'd like to go back to about he summer of 2021 version, before the big update back in October.

How do you go about getting an older version to reinstall ?

Thanks
Tommy
Quote When I apply a video transition, specifically the Fade Cross Transition, there is no audio transition applied with it...there is no graphic in the timeline for audio transition, and when I listen there is no transition..
If I modify the transition (double click the transition and menu appears), to Overlap and then back to Cross, the audio transition then appears in the timeline and I hear the audio fade in and out.

How do I default a transition to always have an audio transition associated with the video?

Thanks for any tips!.

(For Sound to fade)
Edit
Preferences
Editing
Set default transition behavior ->Overlap
OK

(For Sound to NOT fade)
Set default transition behavior ->Cross
... if you DO want to have sound fade with Cross, do this...
... AFter applyhing the Cross fade ->
Select the first clip on the timeline in question (to highlight it)
Press End to go to end of the clip
Press F9 to go to Audio Mixing Room
For the Audio track in question, press the Right Triangle
over the word NORMALIZE to make the sound track
fade out....
Select the second clip on the timeline in questiion
Press HOME to go to the beginning of the clip
Press F9 to go to the Audio Mixing Room
For the Audio track in question, press the Left Triangle
over the word NORMALIZE to make the sound track
fade in...
OK
(This will create a fade in and out, not a crossfade for the
sound).
Quote You should let CL know you'd like to see that functionality added via File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

In the mean time, there are ways to do that using free 3rd party apps. Here's one example using ffmpeg.

Thanks for the heads up !!

Not possible with PD20 alone in an automatic fashion.

Jeff

I was afraid of that. I hope they add that as an option in a later build.

Thanks!
How can you AUTOMATICALLY pre-cut a video into SAME SIZE segments ?

Like, I want to cut a 60 video into 10 second segments automatically, without having to manually pre-cut them?

Thanks!

( I know about the Magic Cut tool, but it uses "Magic Technology" to make its cuts. So, it may cut out something I want to use in the videos.)

Great! please post back when they respond, and note that you'll need to manually check the My Status | My Support Ticket page to see when someone has replied.

Another part of the issue is that the Activation button is actually disabled, so even if you happen to have a valid license you can't activate it. This seem to be something that only CL and/or NewBlue can address and I'm not sure what can be done if CL no longer licenses these packs

HERE IS CL'S REPLY.....

"
Dear Tommy,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand that your NewBlue plug-in effects have a watermark in your PowerDirector 19 subscription software. We are more than willing to assist you.

With reference to your query, we would like to inform you that, due to the expiration of the contract with NewBlue, unfortunately, we have decided to remove NewBlue plugin in new versions of PowerDirector (PowerDirector 20/365).

However, NewBlue plugins that were purchased from the NewBlue store will still work in PowerDirector 20/365 and NewBlue Bundled plugins installed from PowerDirector 19 and below versions will have a watermark.

For PowerDirector 365 subscribers that have a previous version installed, you can continue using the bundled NewBlue plugins until your subscription expires by not applying the new version update released in 2021 September.

For more questions about the NewBlue plugins, please contact CyberLink customer service for further assistance:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thanks and Regards,
Vince
CyberLink Technical Support"

Needless to say, I'm not very happy with this outcome. At LEAST they could have told us BEFORE installing the update..... I use these App's daily, now I'm going to have to buy to continue using them.

Yes, I clicked on that wondering if it would help, but nothing appeared to happen. I searched "regenerate" in the manual but nothing came up, which I thought was odd. I also checked YouTube, also nothing, so I moved on.

What does regenerate do? And what should I be looking for when I click it?

This is a common problem when using PD. The audio waveform will NOT regenerate at times.

The only solution for me is to save the project, close the project (save it), close the program.

Bring up Task Manager, look for PDHanumanSvr Application under the Processes Tab and close the app. Now close the Task Manager.

Next, open the progam, then the project and it will regenerate itself.

Hopefully this will solve the problem.... it is just a workaround though. And CL knows about it for a LONG time, but has not done anything to fix it.
Quote Well I ran through all the steps above and that didn't solve the issue.

If you've ever purchased any NewBlueFX packs, the easiest thing to do is to log in to your account there and deactivate each of the problematic packs. As long as you you used the same email for CL and NBFX, all CL-provided packs should be visible and each pack will be properly relicensed as soon as you open PD afterwards.

No uninstalling is needed, but this requires that you've previously purchased packs from NBFX. If not, I think the only way forward is to open a support tickect with directly CL. You can start that process here.

So far the only remaining issue on my end is that I don't see the Paint effects pack in my NBFX account and it didn't come back after reinstalling PD14 or PD365. I may have to restore my system from a backup image and do the whole PD365 update again or wait for tech support to supply a fresh copy (assuming that's an option).

Thanks.... I just submitted a support ticket to CL.
Today I fired up the new 365 update (from 09/16/2021) and the NewBlue Video Essentials Flash Remover shows a Watermark on the videos.

Checking in the Effect tab, I see an Activation button now highlighted. Clicking on it brings up a form to fill out to activate the app.

I did not know it was a Trial Version ??? !!!!!. I thought it was a scaled back version of the app and I never had to activate it before.

What is going on???? Any help or ideas ??!!!
...... Hey, I found it !!!

You have to download it from the Application Manager as....

Social Motion Graphics !!!

Seems like they changed the name from the Help File to the actual Resource Name !!!!
When I select the Video Overlay ( PiP Objects ) Room, I thought the Motion Graphics PiP Objects would be there. I do not see a Tag for it.

Is it located in an Effects Packs Resource that I need to download ? If so, which one?

Thanks in advance !!

It happened to all my video clips (they are MOV files) for this wedding.

With PD17, when you placed the FADE transition between the 2 clips that touched each other, the two clips would slide into each other in the transition ( the one on the right would slide into the one on the left).

With 365, the two clips don't slide, but the transition layers across the clips for the length of the transtion, which i noticed was odd and different.

I will test it some more and see if I am doing something wrong now, since I jumped from 17 to 365 and something may have changed along the way which I was not aware off.

Thanks.

I found the problem. It was me !

In the Preferences, the Default Behavior was set to Transitions was set the wrong way for me.

EDIT / PREFERENCES / EDITTING / (the Timeline ) / SET DEFAULT TRANSITION BEHAVIOR / (CHANGE CROSS TO OVERLAP ).

My bad.... Thanks !
Quote Reinstallation is always an option, but can you tell us a little bit more about the two videos you apparently have issues with.
It would help if you tell how you apply the fades, are they newly made in 365 or did you use the PD17 project file; ect. Any more details will help helping you.
And maybe show (making a screen recording and submit it here) what is happening?

It happened to all my video clips (they are MOV files) for this wedding.

With PD17, when you placed the FADE transition between the 2 clips that touched each other, the two clips would slide into each other in the transition ( the one on the right would slide into the one on the left).

With 365, the two clips don't slide, but the transition layers across the clips for the length of the transtion, which i noticed was odd and different.

I will test it some more and see if I am doing something wrong now, since I jumped from 17 to 365 and something may have changed along the way which I was not aware off.

Thanks.
I just started using 365 after using PD17 for years.

The Fade worked correctly in PD17.

Now, when I use the Fade, the two videos do not fade properly anymore. The second first video stops prematurely instead of fading out, and the 2nd video hangs in without moving until a certain point is reached, and then it starts to fade in.

Any setting I have overlooked?

Do I need to comp;letely remove PD365 and it's Registry settings, and then reinstall?

Thanks!
I have many weding files to create a trailer.

They want the final trailer to be made up of many video segments approximately 5 seconds in length.

Can PD 365 do this ? Take a video file, and tell it to precut it into 5 second length cuts?

(Basically, just take ANY video file and let PD automatically cut it up into 5 second (or whatever length you want) segments to import to the timeline?)

Thanks
Tommy
Hi! I've been trying for over a year to get my laptop ( HP Envy 17-ae1xx) to use the Nvidia MX150 GPU for PD17.

It just defaults the On-Board Intel Graphics Chip, the Intel UHD Graphics 620.

Has anyone had any success with enabling the MX150 chip on their dual GPU laptop?

Thanks for any help.

If I had know that it could not be done with PD on these Laptops, I would NOT have bought one and wasted my money... sigh....
Quote One method is pref > General and disable the "Automatically check for software updates". Yes, one shouldn't get the barrage of crap for being current, but with CL you do.

Simply manually check the web page periodically for updates.

Jeff

Thanks for the tip.

It worked beautifully !!
Please, please, please...

REMOVE the "Explore ground-breaking desing tools and amazing effects." Youtube window on the PRODUCE page in PD 17 !!

It is very slow to come up.... during which it prevents the PC from updating the screen (basically freezes the screen) up to about 30 seconds....

showing the SAME, tired demo of how to use the GREEN SCREEN for the Harry Potter magic cape effect.

It is of NO USE, caused delay in processing and sometimes crashes the PC.

Thanks for listening..........

Tommy
Quote Yes. A quick search on the forum will give you plenty of results, and here's one that goes into some details.

Also, your video comes up as "Not available" on YouTube, so you either need to upload it again and update the link, or change the permissions from Private (which only specific accounts that you've pre-approved can view) to Unlisted (which means it can't be found by searching, but anyone with the link can see it).

The video has now been changed to "Unlisted".

Thanks
Hi ! I have wedding video taken inside a reception area. There were many videos taken.

The first 10 videos showed no dot video artifacts at all. Later, the last 6 started showing the SAME artifacts in the same places in the video... some were white and some were red and some were blue.... not many only about 5 to 6 dots scattered around the video.

Can PowerDirector 17 remove these? If so, how can this be done ?

Thanks for all your help.

Here is the link to the sample video on Youtube. You will see about 4 dots scattered around the video.

https://youtu.be/Y8DROpVQF1Q
Go to: