Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Dafydd.....yes, really helpful my friend.

I am still trying to find my way around the software but your suggestions make a lot of sense, that said, I would like to be able to choose to use the trim function, and it would be very helpful to know if anyone else can get it working!

Thanks again for all your help mate, really appreciate it.

Regards

Raystr
Hi All,

Just a quickie...I am just about getting around PowerDirector 13 but have hit a real problem. I am trying to remove the start and end off various clips of my movie but to say I am baffled is an understatement. I know that the Split function can be use to split a clip but I am actually wanting to trim a bit off the end & the beginning of various frames to tidy up my footage.

First this is what I am doing:

1. Highliting the clip on the timeline (turns blue)

2. Click "TRIM"

3. Trim window opens.

Lets say the clip has a flower at the beginning and a rowing boat at the end, this is what I would expect to see in my preview window, and the play (or slider) would take me through the clip I have highlighted but it is nothing like it.

The images don't match at all, and the timings don't look right either. The Main Preview window (the large one, on the left) shows a picture from another part of the footage, the small window (Top Right) shows another and the final one (Bottom Right) is also incorrect. What am I doing wrong? I have followed the tutorial but it doesn't work.

It seems that the TRIM window is showing different parts of my movie, than the one I am trying to edit.

It's driving me mad....can anyone help please.........any guidence would be really helpful!

Cheers,

Ray(str)
Can't thank you enough fellers.......really appreciate your comments.....

Thank You!

Ray(str)
Hi All,

Just purchased PowerDirector 13, and am slowly plowing my way through it. To say it looks complicated is an understatement, that said once I get my head around it, it should be fine.

Now then, I have a question.....I want to record a basic tutorial for myself, and didn't really want to use my camcorder, as I get awful reflections from the pc monitor, is there any way of RECORDING a short tutorial movie from within Powerdirector, where it can record my mouse movements and menu options in real time, and then save them as a file, after any editing of course.

The idea is to slowly go through the interface and just record the parts that I need for future reference. It would be really helpful if Powerdirector would let me do this as to use my camera is a bit naff.

If you can help, I would be iteranny grateful, so can it be done, and if so, "How"

Thanks you lot.......

All the best

Ray(str)
Go to: