Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I mixed down a video that is 1.5 hours long, tried to upload it for couple days now, just had internet technician replace my modem and everything, still no success - I noticed the video is 95 gigabytes, I think that's a little steep, even for long 1.5 hour video? I know I checked the settings to make it 2mbps. I was wondering if anyone has any advice, on what format to use or what update, how to get my video uploaded for people to see?

At first I produced it as WMV at 2mbps, then I tried AVI which was supposed to be only 460kbps, but that's the video that turned out to be 95GIG!!, (1.5 hour long vid) I don't think math adds up, maybe there is a glitch with my software?
Someone answered this for me before, but I forgot and cant find that post. How do I quickly navigate between one marker and another marker on the timeline? I have a long project, is there like a tab button or combination or something?

Also maybe there is a way to see my own post list on this forum?
Trying to save disk space. Is there a way to automatically save used bits of long files: for example I have lots of long files, and I am only using short clips of them here or there. Is there a way when I save the project to new or something, to only extract those short sections that are in the timeline, without having to keep unused portions of video? They have this in another audio editing program I use, I wondered if it's available with cyberlink?
I am working with lots of clips, it's complex, maybe 12 hours of clips laid out, and I wonder if there is an easy way, like with one click, to move between lets say viewing area of 10 minute mark, and then a click of button to 4 hour 20 minute mark? I think I'm on version 16 or 17
Looks like I misunderstood the earlier post, I thought it HAD to be set to 9:16 to change the formats. Got it, thanks.

Go back to the Edit page where you see the timeline. At the top left you can see the Aspect Ratio. See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63543.page#post_box_289537 and post a screenshot of your timeline. This will let us determine the possible problem.

Ok, there I switched it to 9:16, but its still the same one option in the produce section:
Quote Check to see if the Aspect Ratio of your project is set to 9:16 and not say 16:9. Let us know the aspect ratio you selected.
Aspect ratio option seems to be greyed out
version 16. I always could select different formats, like Windows movie and about 5 other formats. Now it's only AVC and this format I could not share on internet. I dont understand why
crop video

Highlight your image and click on Fix/Enhance. The colour match feature is there.
Thanks, now one more question: how can I do it for a batch? it says only on two
It would seem images should be even simpler to colormatch than videos? But I am not seeing that option
Quote Close the project, clear temp files, reboot. Should help. The bizarre behavior of transitions continues thru PD16. Single most annoying bug in the lot, I mean for Godsakes man, theyre transitions, I cannot believe they are an issue.
Thank you very much, that solved it.
All of a sudden all transition effects are in reverse, it's a lot of work to fix this, I wonder what is causing it?

(I am using PWD 13 (although I purchased 15, it was not quite compatable with my files created on 13)
Because it was about 2 years ago and I do not remember how I think it was just the update of the same version , and nothing I had to do manually to each transition, it fixed them all at once, pretty sure an update to version 11 at the time...
Quote You are not making sense here. You said the problem was fixed 2 years ago but you did not respond to the contributor on how you fixed it : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43199.page .

More than likely you need to expand the timeline ruler. This will allow you to place a transition in the exact center between two clips or apply the clips as prefix or postfix on a clip and the result can appears reversed as you say. This is normal.

See this article: https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/pdr_training/enu/basic_07.html .

Let us know if this answer your question.
Someone told me how to solve it couple years ago, then I got a new version, pwd13, worked for a while and now back to the same, something I twist within the project and all the transitions/crossfades become reverse. Any idea why this keeps happening, and is there an easy fix to this?

Actually I just remembered that I am not using the pwd 15 that I already purchased, because it was incompatable with my projects made in 13,
I use markers to describe whats in the clips, so if I move clips, I have to also find move markers. Is there a setting or option or something that would allow me to grab those markers along with the clips?
Is there any way to do the same with masks (like copy/paste attributes from one clip to another/others?)

Quote Try this: Import the pictures to the media library. Go to Preferences/Editing and set the Image duration to 0.5 sec. Click OK. Highlight the first image or photo and hold down the shift key and click the last photo you want and insert it where you want it on the timeline. Highlight the first photo and use PiP designer to resize/move that photo the the left on the preview screen. Save to exit. Copy keyframe attributes of that first photo and then click the second photo. Shift key click on the last photo to select the rest of them. Right mouse click and paste the keyframe attributes.

Let us know if this helps...
Quote Try this: Import the pictures to the media library. Go to Preferences/Editing and set the Image duration to 0.5 sec. Click OK. Highlight the first image or photo and hold down the shift key and click the last photo you want and insert it where you want it on the timeline. Highlight the first photo and use PiP designer to resize/move that photo the the left on the preview screen. Save to exit. Copy keyframe attributes of that first photo and then click the second photo. Shift key click on the last photo to select the rest of them. Right mouse click and paste the keyframe attributes.

Let us know if this helps...
Thank you very much!!! got it
I had this problem with transitions going backwards forever. it seemed to have been fixed at one point in PWD11, but it's happening again in 13. I just try to use fades
Quote A catastrophy!
After having finished editing (for today) on a 14 minute project, where I quite often use the fade-in/out transition (transition default type is chosen overlap), I re-opened the project to present todays afternoon work result to my wife - and all the transitions are reproduced the wrong way round!
How that?!
How to repair?!
PD9 build is 2930.

Michael, perplexed....
I want to have a whole bunch of photos to display for half a second each, is there an automatic way to do this instead of by dragging each photo, setting time of each, etc? also if they could be automatically placed in a certain location (like left side of screen) that would also be awesome)
Go to: