Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi. I burned a project (pictures and music only...no video) and it works just fine when viewing DVD on pc. However it does not work entirely on DVD player connected to my TV. Some of the video is fine and other parts of it shake, cut in and out, stop etc. It appears most of these sections that mess up are titles I made with pictures, text, and particles.

I cleaned my DVD player and that did not help.

I used a Memorex DVD-R 16x 4.7gb DVD

Is there a specific way I should burn this DVD to make it work properly in any external device?

Thanks
Is anyone aware of a site where someone can leave a review?

I have had it with their slow and inconclusive customer service. All they want is to nickel and dime everyone for a product we have all paid good money for....like premium phone support....like extended download of software you have already purchased. They are on my shi! list along with other corporate greed mongers. People need to know what kind of company they are dealing with before buying their product.
1. Is it important to uninstall PD12 before reinstalling PD13? (My hard drive went bad and has been replaced. PD12 came free with my pc and has now been put back on my PC, but I chose to buy PD13 and will have to reinstall it.)

2. What files that I backed up should be put back on my PC?

a. I saved my PD13 projects (packed them) and need to put them back on pc. Is there something special I need to do in order for them to work?

b. I also saved every darn file that said "Cyberlink". Not sure how to determine what should be put back on my pc. I know some of the files are templates but I am guessing other might be just duplicates of things that will come again with reinstalling PD13.

I don't want to cram my computer up with PD13 things that are duplicated and perhaps mess up my use of the software.

I'm very un "techy" so knowing what to do is almost impossible for me.

Thanks
What type of DVD disc do I need to by in order to burn a label on the disc. I have PD 13 but it looks like I have to go to the power to go application to do this and it does not tell me.

Also someone who use to burn all my old Windows movie maker dvd's for me said to use DVD-R. Do you agree with that?
I have had trouble with Cyberlink so I thought I would not loose anything in my project if I saved it to my hard drive.

Are you saying even if I save it to my hard drive it will automatically be removed in about a month?

Is producing the project the only way to save it to my hard drive?

And back to my first question....

1. Is there any downside with making all 5 sections of my video individual projects and then inserting them together?

2. And, if I pack the projects can I still do the above....inserting them together?

Thanks so much I appreciate the time those of you know much much more than I, take to address our questions. Have a great day.
I am creating a video of just pictures and music. I have decided (because of prior problems) to create a new project for each section of my video. I know I can insert a project into another project so plan to create all 5 sections as a seperate project, pack the project so I can save it to my hard drive.

Once the project has been "packed" can I do this? And is there any reason why this would adversely affect the final project once I have combined them?

Thanks
Thanks Tony. I thought it should be okay but was not sure. This forum seems to be way more helpful that Cyberlink.
I am doing a video in 16:9 and clearly downloaded only 16:9 templates. When modifying most of the title templates (adding text) and then saving them I get a pop up message saying this is 4:3 and I have to change my video to 4:3 to use the modified template. I have saved them anyway and they look as if they are 16:9 but who knows.

I've sent a message to Cyberlink technical support, but I have not heard back from them yet.

Does anyone know why this is happening or what I am doing wrong when I modify a title template...or any other template for that matter?

If I use them anyway will it mess up my video?
Thanks. You have been very helpful. Odd that a video driver is out of date so quickly....Just bought this PC in October. I will take your suggestion and get the most current video driver.

I did scan everything I could possibly scan to see if updates were needed and got no results. I will try again directly on HP's website.

I thought I bought a very powerful computer....hmmm will look into why the CPU is not that powerful. As you said I highly doubt I will be doing any HD video editing, but the fact that the powerlessness of the CPU simply makes it slow to navigate around is awful....again I will look into this as you have at least set me on a path of getting resolution.

As for the crashes, yes this has concerned me and I have been trying to figure out what is going on. My PC is still under warranty so I will get on this right away. I am fearful that I bought an HP product as I never had trouble with my Gateway.

I have Norton antivirus that comes with my internet service from Comcast. I am assuming it is good....god only knows now days as Comcast is a slippery devil who may have partnered with Norton for a "dum downed version".

Thanks again you have been way more helpful than the tech at Cyberlink. I may be in touch again. Take care.
This DxDiag was created a few days ago and sent to the cyperlink technical support person who has never said if they found something in it that would not make cyberlink work. I had trouble making a new one using the "Windows 8/8.1 users" instructions you refered me to. If this does not give you all the data you need I will try again, but all the prompts don't come up as indicated.

I have power director 13 Ultimate- 64 bit - 13.0.2604.0 SR#VDE150123-01

When I click on the "?" for help as told to do in the instructions the pop up box gives me these options:

Power director help F1

Search for help topic...

Help index

Hot key list shift+F12

SVRT rules

Register power director

online support website

cyberlink website

redeen cyperlink cloud service

get mobile app

about cyberlink power director
After reading lots of comments about this (I am not a "techy" person), I really don't know what you all are talking about, however what I can determine is that this patch sounds like it causes more problems than it resolves. I recently posted a lenghty request for help and was now browsing through the forum to see if I could gleen any insight into what might be going wrong with my PD 13.

I am begining to regret purchasing this product. If it is difficult for those of you with a better technical understanding of this software...or just "movie making in general", what on earth does Cyberlink think when they say it is for the casual user????

Yeah it has lots of "bells & whistles" but what good are they if you can't get them to work properly.

Ready to cry and tell my God daughter she will not get a graduation video like her cousins last year. Last year I still had XP used windows movie maker and had a wonderful product. Now on 8.1 the windows movie maker sucks. Cyberlink was to be my hero and has turned out to be my nightmare.
Is anyone else experiencing problems with PD 13 Ultimate that was purchased in the last few months? I bought my product directly from Cyberlink. Dealing with the technicians via the email support seems to be a waste of time. They aren't intuitive enough or have the technical knowledge to figure out what it is I am trying to explain is happening.

1. Do you get better help if you pay the $30 for the 60 days of telephone support?

2. Can the telephone support tech remotely connect to my pc and the cyberlink program to investigate what is wrong?

3. Can virus and bugs come into the program and my pc when downloading templates from Cyberlink?

4. What could be the most common problem for why it takes so long to navigate within a project. For instance....I want to go to my Title's media and I click on the big "T"...and I wait and wait and wait. When I grab a photo from my media and drag it to the timeline it is delayed and takes several seconds before it drops on to the time line. I could describe more but something clearly is not working correctly

And, if I were to get Cyberlink to let me download a new copy of their software (which I highly doubt they will do....money money money as Pink Floyd sang.....is the bottom line for them.) will I loose any titles and other media I have designed?

Could those titles and other things be infected, thus I would not want them?????

Food for thought....I had PD 12...came free with my new HP. It was a dumbed down version sold just to HP, so I went ahead and bought PD 13. I did not uninstall PD 12 before installing PD 13, and transfered some projects from PD 12 to PD 13. Could that be what messed up PD 13?

I am no longer trying to use those original PD12 projects, and am simply tryining to just start over but everything bogs down and there is a "skip" in every new project I start at exactly the same point...around 26 seconds into the movie.

I am not using any video. Just pictures and music from my pc

Thanks
I m using PD 13 for the first time. Having lots of issues trying to figure what things do. Is there a list somewhere that would explain each feature...like batch produce or something like that....don't even know what that would do. Thanks
I am doing my first movie (pics, music etc...no video at this time). I somehow added "Chapter 1" when I first started. Now I can not get rid of it. I follow all the steps for removing a chapter and this will not go away no matter what I do. Anyone know how to solve this?

I tried just deleted the pictures underneath it and that did not work. I thought perhaps I could just import everything but the begining of this movie into another project and could not find a way to do that either.

Another issue.....I have good quality pictures but when reviewing the movie before finalizing it, they are not good quality. Does this change once you actually burn the movie to a disk?
Go to: