Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
once I got this kind of problem. happen after an update. i contacted the tecnic service and they send me a patch and after all run well.

Yes!
Since yesterday, not before!
t

thanks for the great news!!! I just did it and about my project the files from my husband téléphone are starting and quickly to generate the shadow!

hope this will never more happen

Reported a month ago, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118967.page#448081 . Just have to wait for a push patch to fix what was broken or try workarounds.

Jeff

NO PATCH AND NOBODY seems to have the solution and cyberlink seems to not know when they will bbe abble to repair this problem... maybe between 1 year? or more?

surely no discount when we'll have to renew the 365!!!!!

contact the staff as more we are to complain and who knows maybe they will considera the problem?

now I opened an old project (1 year) and all shaow gone... and terrible to work again on this project...

i just upload new files and some immediately got the shadow... untill when?

just 2 hours! as when I closed the roject some clips have generated the shadow and now I just open again and all shadow deasepper!!! better to laught!

this is a real terrible problem!
Quote I have the same problem.

I hope, they will fix it soon.

contact the team assistant as more we are maybe they will fix soom?
they answer that the problem is well know and it's on the lust to be study. We must do pressing
Quote I informed support that their fix does not work.

Their suggestion now is that as a workaround I edit my videos with shadow files disabled.

Why didn't I think of that, or I could just turn my computer off and then the problem also disappears.

I edited the files without them being shaded (I had 25 that were shaded in total and almost none I used in the project!) some were difficult to be able to cut exactly where I wanted using the cut function because they skipped during playback! I did it as I could and then finalizing the project I could see well , without flickers and skips, and there I could understand where I had to cut and correct! luckily it was only 10 that created that problem for me. the other files in the playback going well I could understood if the cut was at least 90% correct!
but what I noticed: if I finalized the project in HD, since it was just to see if the cuts were okay, some part of the project on playback on the PC or television would shake or jump.
when I finalized the project in 4K I was very surprised to see that the film ran smoothly , without jumps or shakes where it happened with the HD version!

obviously we cannot be satisfied with this handling by cyberlinks!

soon I will have another project to edit and I don't dare yet to pour the first footage... it is in 4K, this time coming from only one source (camcorder)
if it continues with that problem i think change program though i am happy with it!
Quote Support has got back to me, it sounds like they are recognising the issue, but with the recommendation that I delete the shadow files it has taken me DAYS to generate!

Feel free to try this yourself.

to ROY1
you are lucky that they answer you giving you an idea because when I contact (it's was to italian asssitent) only said they know and are looking for!
Hi i received again an answer form team who wrote that they can't say when they will fix this problem as still working on!

will try the solution you propose....

thanks

to JL_JL: contact the assistent team and tell your problem as maybe more we are and quicly they will find the solution??????

for me was the first time this happen, always runs perfect so why my surprise and also the idea to try adobe premiere or something else....
Hi, a friend of mine yesterday edit a project with own 365 and all was runing perfect!
he had file by phone and file 5.1 go pro

no rpoblem!

this evening with try with his own 365 and see what's happen!

I am seriously thinkg to buy another one 365 as how to trust on the one we have even with a patch?

hoping you will have soon an answer from the team and maybe with the solution???

keep on touch
Quote Also, might be worth editing the title of this topic to help others better identify that it relates to shadow files, not sure if this is possible.

Suggestion: Shadow files not generating on PD365

yes good idea to change title, ! I did it!

and as you I open computer for days to see only 10 shadows files!!!!!!! sometimes 2 or 3 more arrive... but of course as you said according editing one have to do it's imperative to have shadow on clips and if quiclky much better too! as told you when open old PD14 the shadow arrive immediately as usual. also me I have some Gopro clips and namvic drom! same case¨!!!

thanks to have also contacted the assistant team as maybe, as surely we aren't the only 2 on the world to have this problem, tean can quiclky find the solution and send us a patch?

Now I'll try your solution to enable and not enable the shadow file as you try to do even with few success, maybe... some more shadow files will arrive?? The hope helps to live we said in french!!!!

keep on touch

PS: i tried to check and uncheck as suggest and also to heck lower resolution for generating shadow but... nothing happen!!!!!
Quote Are you referring to the generating of shadow files? I'm having problems with this, I import files into a project and expect the shadow files to be generating in the background but they are not, it stops after one or two.

If I uncheck then recheck the box in the options for generating shadow files it sometimes restarts it but more often it doesn't, sometimes the shadow files only generate after checking/unchecking the box several times, but only a couple of shadow files will be generated before it stops again.

Very frustrating, I didn't used to have this issue.

hi Roy! Contact the assistant cyberlink and tell your problem! More ee are maybe they will decide to find the solution as soon as it's possible!

keep on touch
Quote Are you referring to the generating of shadow files? I'm having problems with this, I import files into a project and expect the shadow files to be generating in the background but they are not, it stops after one or two.

If I uncheck then recheck the box in the options for generating shadow files it sometimes restarts it but more often it doesn't, sometimes the shadow files only generate after checking/unchecking the box several times, but only a couple of shadow files will be generated before it stops again.

Very frustrating, I didn't used to have this issue.

yes Roy we have same problem! I think so!

never happen to me after 10 years or more use PD!!! suddendly last month started when wanted to edit Namibia film! only a few with shadow (maybe 10) upon 300 or more!

suddendly yesterday I had an idea: i opend again PD14 I still have on my PC and put on the library some unshadow clips and guess: after some seconds all with shadow!!!!! also one long 6 minuts, as it was in any case. only PD14 couldn't accept Go pro files (problem of copatibility???9 and video made by my husband phone! with mine it was okay, mine and my husband one were in 4K!

and as on my film I am editing some clips when watching at TV was a little jumping I decided to edit some with PD14 then remplace on my film! and it's works! but of course this is not a realistic solution... but for now what I could find!

I wrote to tema technicain by describing what is happening and wrote me that is a problem they have to look as it's on the list of troubles to resolve but couldn't say if will be with next up date or later...

of course waiting is not good for us who have trouble with shadow as I am sure that even you can finish to edit and produce the film it's not a real good quality: some small jumps...)

I was thiking to stop with 365 with my name and bought another one with my husband name maybe works well?

I am happy !!!!! to read that someone have same problem as on my video club they laught and told me it was my fault, but we are sure that isn't

keep on touch
hi,
untill now very happy with PD365!

but now all clips from camera, phone all in 4K doen't generate rendering and so when edit on the timeline some clips go slowly, or stop or jump: difficult to cut excatly when I want and when look the edit it's not going as sometimes stop or jump

so I asked to the technician who told me that they will look for this problem as the technician team have a list of problems to correct and this described is one of them, but they didn't knpw when will be done?!?!?!?! maybe with the new update maybe not...

this is creating a lot of troubles as you can image!

someone have same problem?

some solution maybe waiting the tean technician?

I update the PD365, I update graphic driver, i update everything I could also PC... and when I send to cberlink team all the asked about Pc.... seems all okay as they didn't suggest to update or change something

thanks
hi! I found the solution!

terrible simple!

when I reproduce the produced file on desktop you have to take off your microphone and so you can heard what you register!!!!

more yimple is and always one want to search difficult solution!

cheers!
some months ago I register directly my voice on audio director and was perfect

today I wanted for a new project mix my voice with some music and sounds and when I register sounds or voice with the microphone when I want to listen on audio director, or making Produce: mute!

can't understand why!

I am using same computer, director 365 has been uploaded today, same microphone.... on the track you can see something has been register /spectral line)

thanks for the hints

cheers
Hi! Even 5 years passed of your question and answer you received, I have same problem now! I use PD 365 and want to improove audio and they adked me AAF file but can't find in the editing program!

how did you manage?
suggestion given was okay?
Hi!
I have to send a "sequence file " in AAF format as the professional film sound editor can work on audio by individual traks

can 't find the way to do that. I am so afraid that this possibility doesn't exist in PD365! Seems others as Premiere Adobe have it...

how I can do ????

thanks for helping me
Quote Please see this FAQ for tips on getting your 4K clips to preview smoothly.

thanks, but it will sound surely incredible as i did nothing and all set up right the day after!!!!!
hello

the GOPRO files4k that I should edit behave like this:

once I put on the time line , trimmed or not, long that is the file i.e. of a few seconds or 5 minutes as soon as I start reading after a few seconds it freezes the reading when the natural sound or added music goes on properly
the blocking always starts and with any file at the same point i.e. after about 4 seconds and then every now and then it goes on skipping but never manages to catch up!

this is very disturbing as it is difficult and even impossible to make the precise cuts besides wanting to see the full timeline of the work in progress

i have already used go pro files and also in 4K so heavy, but so far i have not encountered this kind of porblem, although longer to process and render the work in progress, or the single file was seen correctly

so who has a solution before i ask support?

PS all other video files from phone source as well as camera as well as in 4K never have any problem
thanks

FORGET I use PD365

IF I PRODUCE THE FILES ARE PERFECT... but obvious can't be a solution to be able to cut the files and see the work in progress on the time line before the final output!

INCREDIBLE! I am editing different file GO pro 4K made on same day , each file is 5minutes long and one file block when playing in timeline and another not at all!!!! WHY? SAME DAY, SAME CAMERA, SAME SUBJECT AS THE gopro WAS ON A MOTORBIKE AND FOR 20MINUTS WAS ON POSITION ON!
buongiorno,

i file GOPRO che dovrei modificare x un montaggio si comportano in questo modo:

• una volta messo sulla time line , tagliato o meno, lungo che sia il file cioédi pochi secondi o 5 minuti appena inizio la lettura dopo pochi secondi si blocca la lettura allorché il suono naturale o musica aggiunta vanno avanti in modo corretto
  • il bloccaggio avvienne sempre e con qualsiasi file allo stesso punto cioé circa dopo 4 secondi e poi ogni tanto va avanti facendo un salto ma mai riesce a recuperare il tempo!
  • questo è molto disturbante in quanto risulta difficile e anche impossibile fare i tagli precisi oltre a voler vedere la timeline completa dell'opera in corso

ho già utilizzato dei file go pro e anche in 4K quindi pesanti, ma sin ora non ho riscontrato questo tipo di porblema, anche se piu lunghi ad elaborari e renderizzartsi l'opera in corso, o il singolo file si vedeva correttamente

quindi chi ha una soluzione prima che chiedo all'assistenza?

PS tutti gli altri file video da sorgente telefono nonché cinepresa nonché in 4K non risocntrano mai nessun problema

grazie

DIMENTICATO uso PD365!

SE FACCIO UNA USCITA (PRODUCE) I FILE SONO PERFETTI... ma ovvio non può essere una soluzione per poter tagliare i file e vedere il lavoro in corso sulla time line prima della uscita finale!

INCREDIBILE! sto editando diversi file gopro 4k fatti stesso giorno, stesso mometo visto che la gopro era montata su una moto per 20 minuti non stop, cosi ha prodotto vari file di 5 minuti ognuno! ora trovo che uno dei file salta e blocca sulla time line e un altro fila lisco come l olio!!!! CERCARE L'ERRORE!!

GRAZIE A TUTTI
Quote Can you attach a short clip so other people can test it on their comptuers? Use the Attachments button under the text box.

i should do but:

a miracle? I don't know how to explain what happened now: after the test as indicated above I turned off the PC and turned it on again after 5 minutes to put the entries in the settings back to hard ware recording.

then I decided to throw all the tests I edit this afternoon (the ones who were always upside down when watching)

for the last film I decided to watch before throwing it away and... miracle... I saw it right! it was a test with an old project!

I picked up all the other tests from the bin and watched them all and all the films that were shown above I could see them well!!!!

I redid other tests and produced the videos and now immediately everything is seen as it should be! Tests with gopro clips, flip clip go pro, normal clips….

I have not touched anything, done anything the problem seems to be solved.... hope that tomorrow morning continue to be!

was it a bug? and cyberlinks repair it?

thank you very much

PS my husband was present during all the tests so it is not a collective hallucination!!!!

un miracolo? non so come spiegare quanto successo ora: dopo la prova come indicato sopra ho spento il PC e l'ho riacceso dopo 5 minuti per rimettere le voci nelle impostazioni per rimettere hard ware recording.

poi ho deciso di buttare nel cestino tutte le prove dei filmati che vedevo sotto sopra.

l'ultimo film ho voluto guardarlo prima di buttarlo e...miracolo... lo vedevo giusto! era una prova con un vecchio progetto!

ho ritirato tutte le altre prove dal cestino e guardate tutte e tutti i filmati che si vedevano sotto sopra li vedevo bene!!!!

ho rifatto altre prove et prodotti i filmati e ora immediatamente tutto si vede come si deve!

non ho toccato nulla, fatto nulla il problema pare risolto.... speriamo che domattina continuano ad esserlo!

grazie infinite

PS mio marito era presente durante tutte le prove quindi non era una allucinazione collettiva!!!!

Go to: