Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As the title says i have been suffering from constant PC hickups heat issues bad SSD performance for 5 months, i knew what was causing all this, some program keept changing my power plan, and there by doing havoc to my PC because i use the software that came with my MB to control every aspect and monitoring temps hdd and ssd performance and take action if anything false out of my parameters.
Now like most other software the program is only effective if it has the full control and nothing interfears with the settings elsewhere.
Now for some reason pdr has taken it on it self to keep adjusting my power plan setting like screen timeout (annoying as hell on a dual screen setup) and for some god darn reason changing my hdd power off setting.
What possible reason could pdr have for changing my powerplan settings? anyone? NONE PDR SHOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER CHANGING MY POWER SETTINGS.

i will provide the log
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserModePowerService
Date: 07/05/2018 04:23:27
Event ID: 12
Task Category: (10)
Level: Information
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Asus-Z97
Description:
Process C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\PDR.exe (process ID:8552) reset policy scheme from {4cbed35f-1391-4afc-97bc-0c375ebf2220} to {4cbed35f-1391-4afc-97bc-0c375ebf2220}
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-UserModePowerService" Guid="{CE8DEE0B-D539-4000-B0F8-77BED049C590}" />
<EventID>12</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>10</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-05-07T02:23:27.762398500Z" />
<EventRecordID>1576</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="892" ThreadID="1216" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Asus-Z97</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="ProcessPath">C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\PDR.exe</Data>
<Data Name="ProcessPid">8552</Data>
<Data Name="OldSchemeGuid">{4CBED35F-1391-4AFC-97BC-0C375EBF2220}</Data>
<Data Name="NewSchemeGuid">{4CBED35F-1391-4AFC-97BC-0C375EBF2220}</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I consider this kind of action by your software as a malicious intent
US Law on this:
Malicious Intent Law and Legal Definition
Malicious intent
refers to the intent, without just cause or reason, to commit a wrongful
act that will result in harm to another. It is the intent to harm or do
some evil purpose.
ofc my PC is not a person but your programs action is commiting a wrongful act and evil purpose to me by killing my SSD because of the changes and i do not think for 1 sec you will provide me with a new 500 gb ssd when i breaks you will have some lawyer saving your a..
<div> </div>
Quote mkv is just a container. you can encode the video with various encoding (H.264, HEVC, etc) format in MKV.
I guess your YouTube downloader encode YouTube video as some format that cyberlink software does not support.

Or i was right about my prediction about some new program being released within a month, and what do i see PowerDirector 16 has been released.

So i was spot on and i don't buy your argument that my tube dl encodes in a format that Cyberlink software does not support, i have no doubt that the reason for not being able to play tubes is NO ONE WOULD BUY PD16 IF PD15 WAS ABLE TO DO THE JOB.

I can't believe how right i was only some 10-12 days after i wrote my topic we get PD16, so i will dl the trial just to see if i have to eat my words or if PD16 will read the mkv from yt.

So i better see if pd16 works and hope it does or i will have to eat my words or topic but i think it will be able to edit and play lets see

Well looks like i have to eat my words pd16 will not open my mkv or edit them.

But dvdfab will and every other (exept MS ofc) program i own, cyberlink software is the only one besides MS that refuse to open them hmm
Okay first let me say i own a lot of your products i have spent a small fortune well rather a large sum, and now i found out mkv videos from Youtube will not play in PowerDVD 17 or added to PowerDirector 15.

Now this would not be something i would normally rant about BUT

Kodi

mpc-hc

MPC-BE x64

DVDFab media player

VLC

SM-Player

Potplayer

HAVE NO ISSUES AT ALL EXELLENT PLAYBACK AND VIDEO AND AUDIO ARE IN SYNC

Windows media player and Movies TV app from Windows 10 will not play but that is due to the fact MS do not want us to be able to play those mkv yet i think i saw with the fall creator update you will be able to.

So why does the competitions software playback Youtube mkv Videos without a hitch, but the software i paid way to much for will not playback Video files from Youtube in mkv format

You should have had enough time by now to fix that almost a year ago YT made the change and your competition has updated their software to work you have not

Let me show you what i own

AudioDirector 7 Ultra

ColorDirector 5 Ultra

MediaEspresso 7.5 Deluxe

PhotoDirector 8 Deluxe

Power2Go 11 Platinum

PowerDirector 15 Ultimate

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate

PowerDirector 14 Ultimate

PowerDVD 17 Ultra

AudioDirector 6 Ultra

PhotoDirector 7 Ultra

PhotoDirector 5 Ultra

Power2Go 10 Deluxe

PowerDVD 16 Ultra

PowerDVD 15 Ultra

PowerDVD 14 Ultra

Not one of those products will play those YT mkv, why is that?

My bet in a Month or so you will advertise some new product we should by and in big TYPES it will say "can play mkv files from Youtube"

And our existing software Power director 15 and PowerDVD 17 will not be able to, lets hear from the users how many think i am right about that just make a reply stating Yes or No and if you disagree with my whole topic do not write that keep it to yourself bottleup inside and keep it there then the next time your PC decides to make a decission on its own, which results in GSOD/BSOD

Get a hammer and let your built up rage out in one blow

Thank You
This is getting very annoying and i am tired of PowerDVD17 changing settings set in local and group policy STOP CHANGING MY AUTOPLAY SETTING WHY IS IT SO HARD TO RESPECT MY SETTINGS, I THOUGHT I HAD IT NAILED THIS TIME BY A GLOBAL DENY ALL AUTOPLAY AND DO NOT ALLOW SOFTWARE TO CHANGE SETTINGS, but seems you P on my settings and do as you like thx for breaking my settings each time i update
This is just a few, from today i have 100 errors from today with different Cyberlink products

I gave up counting yesterday, what is up with this.

Activation context generation failed for "e:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd17\kernel\dms\CLMSMediaInfoPDVD17.exe". Dependent Assembly CLMSMediaInfo.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "E:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoDirector5\PhotoDirector5\Kernel\CES\CES_AudioCacheAgent.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly PDR.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "E:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoDirector5\PhotoDirector5\Kernel\CES\CES_CacheAgent.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly PDR.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "e:\program files\cyberlink\photodirector7\kernel\ces\CES_CacheAgent.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly PDR.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Faulting application name: PowerDVD17Agent.exe, version: 17.0.41497.7520, time stamp: 0x58cf3577Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098858eException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000150a0Faulting process ID: 0x25cFaulting application start time: 0x01d2d005afde02caFaulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD17Agent.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dllReport ID: 9157862b-80d6-4ebf-93df-9be18dd19157Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is just a few some are the same errors and some different i will not post all, unless i get bored later

Thank You
Ignore my spelling sorry bout that see above post
I do not feel i am over stepping my bounds or being unreasnoble by DEMANDING you fix your product to at least the point where we can run them without crashing my products are

AudioDirector 7 Ultra MediaEspresso 7.5 Deluxe PhotoDirector 8 Deluxe Power2Go 11 Platinum PowerDirector 15 Ultimate PowerDirector 14 Ultimate PowerDirector 14 Ultimate PowerDVD 17 Ultra AudioDirector 6 Ultra PhotoDirector 7 Ultra PhotoDirector 5 Ultra Power2Go 10 Deluxe PowerDVD 16 Ultra PowerDVD 15 Ultra PowerDVD 14 Ultra

My Paypal Historie seems to have problems but the products above are just some, i have estimated i spent about

2 197.77 U.S. dollars since 2014 on your products and i have products from as far back as 2009 but can't find the billing so i have excluded it

so am i being unfair DEMANDING you fix the problems with your products Windows 10 CU is now almost 1 month old plenty of time to get your software sorted, i do not think i am alone when i say if this problem is not sorted i will stop buying your products and launch a campaign on twit FB ins, and every other online media to inform people about your lack of no your refusual to fix the problems

you must have some people on your staff with brainz fix it

"Just to clear up Cyberlink did not break anything the Windows 10 CU did" Cyberlinks products are still high value but needs to be fixed with MS CU btw MS brokew there own sql server but still release the CU so my 2 backup programs i have a lifetime licens on both, but i can only say, if i had the licens on paper there is only 1 use for them now, ill spare you the details, brb "bathroom break"

So i am being abit unfair, i know but still 1 month should be enough time to make a "dirty fix" or what?

do you other members who spent a fortune aggree or am i being a jerk and expecting to much
Well gave the new patch a run for its money, i tried chrashing PD15, to see if you Guys really fixed one of my most annoying thing Damn chrashes.

Well i gave up after an hour my final attempt and i was sure it would do the trick i have all my Movies backed up to my HD "its legal in Denmark we pay the Movie industri with our TAX" so i have 2x 3TB filled with Blu Rays 1:1 copies DVD and so one so i just hit open media folder and pointed to 1 of my DVD folders 2TB Movies PD15 did not even burb just took them.

Just a quick note i can't recommend this to others it took a loooopooooooong time to import into PD

But no chrash VERY IMPRESSED

Thank You for that Late Christmas Present
Well Geforce Experience is a problem child i agree, but lets not be hasty.

I think the problems is the fact that you prob use the Intel GPU with your screen since its the GPU try this hook up your lappy using the HDMI port on laptop or DVI if that is what it uses then hook it up to your TV, you are then using the Nvidia GPU and PD should also detect it.

Final Note you still get rid of Geforce experience, idiotick annoying faulty Software Nvidia Ever made, so yea loose it also.

Thank You
I am borrowing this thread instead of making a new, because action camera is driving me nuts i have never been able to get the desire slow motion zoom effect, not in 14 and not in 15

The outcome is always the same PD15 crashes

ill explain: i set the timeshift and then resets timer as shown in tutoriel, so far so good the slider moves backwards so im good NOPE i play clip and instead of playing clip slow it speeds it up, why is this so complicated, and why has Cyberlink not make just done this

-100-------0--------+100 i do not think i need to explain my meaning but ill do it just in case move the slider towards -100 to slow down

will work like this -100------X----0----------+100 X marks the spot i have chosen, -50 speed this could be like when you zoom with mouse button same pricipal, or you could have made the timer work like say my clip is 5 sec i set timer to 15 sec.

So PD15 will then calculate slow motion effect, but no matter what i do it always speeds up instead of down.

If i am able to somehow get the slow speed, i move on to freeze frame, i mark the spot and since i want to use the zoom i select my clip i set time to 15 sec meaning that how long i want the zoom to take, and produce a slow zoom on my spot BUT no it does the oposit speeds up, so my zoom i want to take 15 sec happens faster then i can blink.

Know i have been lucky 3 times to get it all right i click ok HELLO DESKTOP crash.

Now i do not consider myself stupid infact i have a IQ above normal i have 30 years experience with PC's and i have never encounted a software problem i was not able to resolve.

I understand English perfect, most books i read are English, i have read Darwins' "THE ORIGINS OF SPECIES" some light reading 1000 pages with words i hope i never have to hear again What a boring book the first 700 pages, then it gets good.

But i understood every word in the book.

I understand and speak German i understand Norwegian Swedish Dutch Some French and spanish, But the language i use everyday for up to 10 hours is English, i comment in several forums, and write threads, "i know my Spelling has much to desire" but my understanding of English is perfect, often i do not realise what language i am hearing because i do not need to translate the words in my head.

I understand the words as my own, i am Danish.

I fix most PC problems, Phone Bluray and so on in my Town,

So i consider my understanding of how software works exellent, so why is your software making me look like an IDIOT, i have followed the video to the letter, and what i saw on video, was what my PD15 also did but the outcome was not the same.

Action Center was the reason i bought first PD14 then PD15, but right now i feel like i was told to bend over and you took my money and showed a Greenwood Tree up where the sun never shines.

I can live with the crashes but the fact, your software is making me look like a fool with an IQ of 49 and not 110 is pissing me off.

So could some nice person please explain how i get timeshift to slow down and freeze frame and Zoom to slow down.

I mean how hard can it be, to explain it simple, because the video i saw was easy but my result was not what i expected.

Sorry for borrowing your thread, but i can't be the only one having trouble with action center, if i am then i really feel like a jack ass

Thank You
Quote Hello,

I have a PowerDVD 16 Ultimate, installed on a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 system. I have a weird problem with the multimedia keys (Play, Stop, Fwd, Back, etc.). When PowerDVD has focus, they work as intended; however, when PowerDVD does not have focus (t.ex. if working on the desktop in Windows), the multimedia keys don't work at all. I have tried an endless bunch of advise found around the web - setting default apps, checking Windows Services etc. - to no avail.

I have a clean install of Windows 10 - installed from scratch. Previously I had Windows 7 installed on the system, and there were no problems at all.

Does anyone know how this can be solved? A solution will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

You mean that, they stop working with PowerDVD, or What?

VLC, Itunes, WMP, all stop working when not in Focus also, UNLESS you set global binds.

So if you mean that when, PowerDVD is not in focus, your multimedia keys stop working with PowerDVD that is "normal"

But if your saying, that you open windows explorer, while PowerDVD is open, but then your keys do nothing at all, no volume control, or what ever then you have a problem.
I agree the load is a pain i bought the PD8 when i upgraded my powerdirector and at first run PD8 crashed when i imported pictures 2 time it was fine well if you can accept the program not responding message for as long as it takes to import the pictures its even worse then my pd5 it also locked up BUT once pd8 has done its job its smooth.

Last thing if you use this software a lot i would not have it installed on my ssd because the constant write to the ssd will shorten its life, but thats just my opinon i have 3 SSD 2x 250 1x 500 and they have gotten so slow because i read on the web to late that you can shorten the lifetime of your SSD if it writes and reads a lot i had WOW on 1 SSD with my os because of the fast load times well i played a lot of WOW now my ssd run slower then my hybrids

but if you have no problems with speed on your ssd then you just ignore my comment
Quote I bought Powerdvd to play my blu-ray discs on my laptop and show them on my TV

In researching the product this is only possible if using DVI or HDMI output.

I have a 3D capable smart internet connected TV connected via HDMI and when trying to play on the tv I am told I cannot use clone mode.
Switching from clone mode and extending my display and moving the program to the tv screen displays the same message
Showing my display only on the TV screen (Screen 2) shows the same message.

I know my TV is HDCP compliant because my Chromecast works fine, however streaming my screen to the TV's chromecast shows the Powerdvd screen as black, the windows contents do not stream.

Do I need to chargeback on paypal? This isnt working as advertised

How old is your laptop, as the "mod" pointed out you need a 1.4 hdmi version cable, but you could switch a 1000 times buy the latest hdmi 2.2 cable still would not work if the hdmi port on your laptop is only 1.2 so how old is your laptop check what version the hdmi port is, and stop buying more hdmi cables before you checked the port version hehe

a fair guess is if your laptop is over 4-5 years old hdmi port is prob only version 1.2 so thats a no go.
Its not just PWD15 that got slow my PC With an i7 4Ghz 16 ddr3 2400 ram asus gtx 750ti oc 2gb ssd 500 for os and software use hybrids for other stuff has come to a crawl even when not using PWD15 and only happen after i upgraded and i only bought the upgrade because the trial version was lightning fast no issue with constant crashing,

Well now i feel ripped of when doing long time edits an hour or so save frequent or pay the price crashing is just as bad as with 14 but atleast 14 did not make my pc slow but after i upgraded produce takes forever crashes atleast 1 or 2 times every half hour action camera center is bugged but the worst is loading your home made dvd you made 10 years ago pwd 15 does not like vob files much extreame slow load and dont bother using scene dectection it will crash before you can say wt... just happen so yea feel ripped of

the trial pwd 15 was so good so fast no issues to talk of .

MLUM i can't use that script since my movies are !:1 not backed up to ISO and i see that you call PD 16 so it fires up pd 16 how is that working out for u with surround because my kodi "hocks" my 5.1 Surround when it runs even if i alt tab i can't hear audio if kodi runs in the back ground annoying since i have not ticked the exclusive mode but still kodi will "mute" every other player so if you could make a guide and also make it so kodi closes and "say a small prayer" it does not crash which mine does 7 out of 10 times then call pd when pd exit it calls kodi again i know i am lazy i used a simple bat file when i played World of Warcraft that this something like that i would execute my bat it called a program first then exited launced wow64.exe and when i quit it called the my program again at i did that using dos commands and then saving it as a bat file works even under win 10 so must be possible
I would properly make something like this
taskkill /F /IM Kodi.exe
START "title" [/Dpath] [options] "command" [parameters]\par
because like i said kodi crashes a lot and have to use task manager to kill it when it does so easier to kill it from the start
How do you call powerdvd from kodi have used kodi "xbmc" for 10 years never knew PD 16 worked with kodi and since kodi can only show a simplified menu for my Blu Rays i backed up to my HD i would really like to use pd 16 so i can watch the special features without having to stand on my head for 30 sec and then select a title from the simple menu and hope i got the right one has not happend yet
You should write a guide on the Kodi Forum or here just remember no links to pirated stuff has to be "legal" well legal as kodi decides.
I DO not support pirated stuff ofc but i do use stuff from the "bad" list but no illegal stuff only to get the most out of kodi like tweaking and stuff and being lazy its easier to use a program then to edit the xml even though i know how to do it so a guide would be very welcome to lazy to look up how to do it myself and since your setup works well
PS to post above i have not tried uninstalling Geforce experience and i really should not have to since PWD 15 works in the video speed menu
I have Same issue, i can reproduce it 100% everytime
If i try to adjust video speed of a clip does not matter if its 1 3 5 10 sec or a min using powertools as soon as i press OK in the Video speed Meny its Good by Power director 14 and Hello Desktop Very ANNOYING since the PWD 14 is not exactly cheap, and ofc when i bought it 1 month ago or something PWD 15 hit the street next day i tried the trial NO Crashing
I bet it will not be fixed in PWD 14 because then no one would upgrade or buy Version 15
Annoys me a bit the constant crash in Video speed
ofc it crashes constant in other menu's to
But this one i can Reproduce 100% everytime i can fire up pwd 14 go straight to powertools video speed and it will crash as soon as i click okay strange it does not crash trying out different speeds in the menu ofc its "temp" so must be related to when its saved.
And since i can Reproduce it 100% Cyberlink must know there is a problem why else does PWD 15 trial not crash in Video speed
It just crashes every where else but i can live with that
PWD has always crashed i started with Vesion 11 i think trial and every trial up until i bought PWD 14 has crashed.
But as i said feel a bit ripped of because Version 15 does not have that problem but i will not upgrade to 15 after spending a small fortune on 14 1 month ago.
I hope it will be fixed but my belief says it will not cost to much to fix properly and like most company's if hardware or software has a major malfunction its cheeper to ignore and make a new Version.
But overall i am happy with all my Cyberlink products
if only my MS remote RC6 would work properly in PD 16
i hate when a movie ends it does not goto library but stays at the big play button AND its not possible to use Remote to get to library have to use mouse to click i really hate that since my PC is connected to my 40 inch LCD so i have to keep a wireless mouse handy really Cyberlink you could make a setting to select where to go when movie stops does not take much of an effort to have a box you can tick if you want to return to library shame on you.
But that is my only annoyance with PD16 "almost" if you do not select a movie in library Remote does not work no moving between movie have all my "legal" movies backed up to 2x 3TB HD so always have to keep wireless mouse by the sofa annoying
Go to: