Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can the list of keyframe options, displayed in the upper left corner, be collapsed as a group, instead of one at a time? Or set to be in that state by default? That list gets very hard to navigate when the sections are expanded.
Quote Why would you want it as an mp3? FLAC, WAV or even AAC are all superior options.
Actually I wouldn't, I just threw that out there, cause it's a common audio filetype. I actually use wav files most of the time.

Hi,
Have you tried selecting the clip>rt click>Regenerate Waveform
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, I clicked on that wondering if it would help, but nothing appeared to happen. I searched "regenerate" in the manual but nothing came up, which I thought was odd. I also checked YouTube, also nothing, so I moved on.

What does regenerate do? And what should I be looking for when I click it?
I heard the answer was to clear the cache, which I did, and I got a waveform.

Now it's gone again, but now I have an AVI file on the timeline. Is this file type an issue or do I have to empty the cache every time?

I've seen options to display the waveform, but I think that's the default. I think it was set the first time the waveform went south.

What's the term used to describe replace a heavily edited segment in a project with a published version; and erasing the heavily edited segment.
I want to edit a soundtrack in my Audio app. I thought I could Unlink it and then save it. But How?
I want to save Custom settings I for adjustments I make to Equalization, echo, reverb setting etc.

Is it possible to turn those into presets that I can reuse?
I have PDR365 Business installed but the PDR version is 20.0.2160.0. (identified as above) The 20 should remain the same for all versions but the actual build may differ between versions - say subscription and perpetual - as they may have differing functions at differing times throughout the development/release cycle during the year.

I have PDR versions 8,9,12,13,14,15,16,20 on my system with no issues,

PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks! I checked the "?"/about and it says I'm using 365 but the Task Manager shows PD 19. I guess it doesn't really matter, since the app says I'm using 365.

Guess I'll just leave the v on my HD.
Quote I just figures out how to get the waveform to display on my timeline and wonder why the waveform isn't the default?

Now I'm trying to edit the Audio, in the Audio Editor. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos but the edits can all be heard "on the fly". But when I adjust settings, like "Echo" nothing changes. There is no difference between "Applied" and "Original". I know from watching the YouTube videos the sliders are dynamic, so the changes should be heard instantly.

I assume my sound options are set correctly because I'm getting sound, vol changes, etc., I'm just not getting editing changes.

I just opened the project where this issue came up and, now it's working. All I did was reboot.
I just figures out how to get the waveform to display on my timeline and wonder why the waveform isn't the default?

Now I'm trying to edit the Audio, in the Audio Editor. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos but the edits can all be heard "on the fly". But when I adjust settings, like "Echo" nothing changes. There is no difference between "Applied" and "Original". I know from watching the YouTube videos the sliders are dynamic, so the changes should be heard instantly.

I assume my sound options are set correctly because I'm getting sound, vol changes, etc., I'm just not getting editing changes.
I am subscribed to 365 but I have v 17, 18, and 19 on my HD.

Currently, the Task Manager shows v 19 as open. When I'm in 365 what will the Task Manager show?

Should I just delete all but v19? In case I lose the internet?

If you have shadow files enabled, "pref > General > Enable shadow files (proxy files) on high res videos", as soon as a video is placed in the media library that is of a given high resolution quality, PD activates a background process that starts to generate these files to aid a fluid playback when used in the timeline.

This process will consume CPU power until completed. Completion occurs when the orange movie strip icon in the lower left corner of a file in the media library turns to green.

When you add video to the timeline, another spike in CPU load will occur as the entire file is scrubbed to create the audio waveform, this too takes a little time depending on length of video, quality of video, and compute resources.

PowerDirector 19 is the product, 365 is a sales gimmick for the subscription based licensing model.

Jeff
So this sounds like a "Preview Quality" issue? I will try setting it to "normal" and see what happens.
Quote You using shadow files?

Jeff

Thanks for responding.

My media files are .MOV; from my Canon, and mp4; from my cell.

What are Shadow files?

I tried an mp4 file from my camera and the same result. CPU processing remained low until I imported the mp4 file, at which point it shot to 50% with red flag Power usage, and remained there. I've done nothing and it's still hi.

When I added it to the timeline CPU shoots to 80%, and stays there. With that much processing going on playback is jerking and it's impossible to get any work done.

I have a Surface, with plenty of processing power. I used to run Pr Pro on it, but I've also run PD on it, with MOV files. This is new.

The Task Manager shows "PowerDirector19" but I'm using 365, is that relevant?
After importing 7 15-20 min .MOV media clips into the media window, without moving any to the timeline. There was an initial surge in CPU use that remain high, for a very long time.

Now it has dropped to 22% where remains, while PD smile idles. In spite of this, the "Power usage" column keeps going into the red, or "very high".

Nothing else is running or using more than a small amount of CPU.

FYI I did reboot my machine

Is this something to do with the file type, I ask in spite of the fact that I haven't had problems with MOV files in the past, or is something else going on?

At this moment I have asked my IT provider to run a "tune-up" on my machine, just to r/o any System issues.
Quote There are all kinds of software interactions that need to happen to transition from docked to undocked. Before assuming there's a hardware failure I'd reboot once when docked and again when undocked and see if that clears up the issue.

You should also search online paying particular attention to MS forums as that's where these kinds of issues get the most attention and often semi-official steps to resolve them.

You should also double check the View optional updates link on the Windows Update screen as that's where docking-related updates are often located.

Thanks, I did find a number of items that I have on that "optional" list and ticked them, but not the docking station.

I'll check the Surface forum, and with MS to see if there is a fix for my docking station, but if there is a upgreaded model I will just purchase that. Mine is 5 or 6 years old

I realize now that this is not specific to PD. I just not noticed that whenever I unplug the docking station MS shuts down and has to be rebooted. That shouldn't be happening.
Quote Justed chatted with a MS store sales associate. This is a suggested link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-dock-2/8qd908364sg2?activetab=pivot:techspecstab . For the price I would prefer to to spend it on a desktop pc. Don’t see any need for it just to edit video. Any electronic equipment could go bad. Check your warranty and chat with their technical support online for free with your questions.

Great, thanks for the link.

I have a desktop, but it's no as powerful as my Surface, which I have used, for years, to edit in Lr, Ps, Pr, and now with Cyberlinks PD; because the subscription price of Pr had gotten too expensive. I've never had a problem, until now.

The docking station is way cheaper than a new desktop so I think I will just replace the old Docking station because I don't see how the old one can be repaired. But I'll do a little more checking to see if there is a repair option.
I have a MS Surface lapton connected to a docking station; with an external Sound system and monitor and a HUB. Until recently this configuration worked just fine but something has changed.

Now when I load a MOV file and hit Play, it plays normally for about a minute, then the sound drops out, while the video continues to run. The sound actually goes out on my system as well, then cuts back in, then cuts in and out, also the mouse response is not quick. It appears to be buffering!

When I unplug the docking station and run PD directly on the laptop this doesn't happen, clearly, this is a docking station issue, but the docking stating has no moving parts!

Do docking stations wear out?

Should I just spring for a new one, since it is just a solid block with female plug opening for the hardware?
Quote You can't convert the trial version into the full version. If you weren't prompted for your key the first time you ran PD18 after you installed it, you'll need to uninstall the trial version and locate the full PD18 installer you received when you purchased it.

Please see the #1 FAQ if you need to get another copy, then make sure you keep it in a safe place in case you need it again.
Thanks. Wonder why they do it that way. Thank for the FAQ link.
I've been using PD since v 16 and used v18 without a problem for some time, but suddenly it crashing,

The program Crashes after playing for only a minute. The video keeps playing but the sound goes dead. When I check my system's sound it has also gone dead. The clip continues to run until I close the app, then my computer crashes.

The first time I noticed a problem is when I had all my ext drives connected. PD seemed to connect to each before crashing. So I turned them all off the then the sound became the sign that PD was about the crash.

So I reinstalled it and it's doing exactly the same thing.

Support sent me a troubleshooting list and instructed me to address each item on the list before they would even talk to me about it. It was like if my mechanic sending me home with instructions to come back after I'd r/o every conceivable problem, then he talk to me.

I plan to contact my IT service to see if it's OS system; some kind of bug or corrupted file.
I just reinstall PD18 because it was not behaving. I've installed it and it will run for 30 days but will I be giving the opportunity to enter my Product key then? Can I change the trial period and speed that up?
Quote It's usually a good idea to search the forum as this issue has come up many, many times. Typically, the issue is objects are downloaded with a different aspect ratio than your project is set to, so no 4:3 content will be visible if your project's AR is 16:9 or 9:16.

I see 22 different effects called "camera flash" and this one is for 16:9 projects:

[/quotePostId

I"ll keep this in mind the next time this happens, thanks.]
Go to: