Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This concerns a hybrid setup with an AMD Radeon RX640 2 GB DDR5 64 2GB DDR5 next to a built in Intel GPU. Whatever I try (tried every trick available on Youtube, tried every driver, tried disabling Intel GPU, whaterer) there is no way in triggering the AMD GPU to work as encoder or decoder. Adobe Premiere works nicely together with the GPU. As does every other running software I have. Not so for PD365.

Any idea on this?
I've PD9.

Imho it could be a "preview file" issue.

Probably there's in PD7 also a way to change the preview quality from minimal to standard or 1:1?
In PD9 it's under preferences / file handling.

Btw: I tried and liked Aftershot a lot, but it did not handle Fuji RAW files and kept crashing over and over.
I figured out that dumping fuji RAW files (and my old Canon RAW files) increases speed dramatically.
I also don't like the results of fuji RAW in PD. The results are not pleasing. Certainly starting from a-RGB.

I depend on shooting RAW "just in case of". Because the most interesting and challenging pictures (lightwise) are the ones that need be reworked on starting from RAW. And I have to admit, that this is only a very small batch.

So... I've changed my workflow.

Everything before 2018 will be managed in LR. So be it.

Everything from 2018 is recorded in fuji compressed RAW. Then I use fuji x-RAW software - flawless in my case - to produce the proper JPEG's on my HDD.

I import these JPEG's in Photodirector to make an album/project. If once in a while I'm not satisfied with the JPEG result, or I like a special profile (fuji acros bw setting f.i.) I will work on it again through x-RAW but with other settings, or - more likely - with other software (Rawtherapee, GIMP, and even maybe LR, etc..).

PS: PD needs to work on it's RAW capability, having PD autostacking JPEG's and RAW in one virtual picture (as LR does) would be a nice start.
Hello,

I use Powerdirector since a few years, and very happy with it.
Since last week I'm testing if Photodirector 9 would suffice to replace Lightroom. I bought the whole Cyberlink suite on subscription base, with a certain confidence. And knowing it would handle Fuji RAF files for the x-T20 (based on a trial).

Now that I've imported my collection into a project (+120k pictures) - and this proces did not went fluently, I had to restart at least 5 times to have the whole collection done - I notice that Photodirector is terribly slow, eats up resources (CPU is very often up to 100% , but... I've plenty of margin with the rest of the hardware). Knowing that I've not even started editing. What's worse... it's more than regurarly crashing.

I'm on a HP Envy Desktop, I7, 12Gigs RAM, a brand new MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX1050ti, photo's are on a WD Gold 4Tb and applications, Dbase and thumbnails of Photodirector reside on a superfast SSD. W10 system is on an other SSD. My setup and my system are tweaked to be really really fast. All drivers are up to date.

Preview quality is set to standard. Preview cache to 100Tb (because it's on a separate SSD), and in PNG format.
Cache memory setting is ticked, and limited to 10Gb. Hardware acceleration is ticked.

With Lightroom I had no lag, and now I have plenty. I like photodirector a lot. But it's really not workable this way...

Any suggestions?

PS: I know, but don't suggest to split up the collection in several projects... it's not the idea I have how to manage a large collection, and it worked very well in LR

Rgrds.
Go to: