Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Maybe try to just click the lock (just to the left of the timeline) on the tracks you don't want to move. Unlock tracks when done with your duration change.

Jeff

That's technique is good for layers other than the active layer. I have used that technique before when I wasn't concerned about the active layer being changed. But when the relative position of all layers need to be static relative to each other, it doesn't work. What has worked is to lock the other layers, calculate the total difference in time to the objects being expanded/contracted and then after the adjustment, move the remaining objects to the left or right by that difference. It can be a pain.

When the adjustment might effect the positioning of other objects in any layer, I would prefer a popup that gives an option (similar to Cut and Remove) to adjust: all layers, this layer only, or no adjustment. After all this is no different than Cut, Remove or Insert.
I build videos from a variety of still images and videos using multiple layers. I often have to tweak the lengths of still images to get a desired effect. If I select one or more images and select the icon to set the length, all layers adjust by the difference in length, a real problem. Is there a way to change the length of an image and have the option of leave gap (if shortened)? Currently I have to grab the edge one image at a time and expand or shrink to the length that I need.
Quote It might help if you could provide the DxDiag test results so we can see the technical details of your computer. Steps are here.

Moderation Note

Transferred the plain text DxDiag to an attachment for ease of viewing and clarity.
I have been using NewBlue Chroma Key Pro for editing my green screen shoots. In previous releases, it worked just fine, but in the last year when I select Produce, It doesn't always make it to the produce page (can't get beyond 60%). I have to shut PD down and restart. It might take 3 or 4 tries to finally get there. Once there, I can render my video (slowly).

Is there any solution to this or is there any other 3rd party software that does as good a job as NewBlue?
I am starting to experiment with masks. I have pd 365 subscription, version 19.2.2520.0 (64-bit).

In Mask Designer, I select Brush Designer. The only options available to me are round brush, flat brush, flat eraser, width and transparency. According to the help document, I should have the ability to select the Auto Object Selection Tool., but it is not on my screen.

It seems as though there are features (not just in masks) that are documented but not supported.

Has anyone else seen this problem. If so, is there anything that can be done about it?
I am building a video where I have a still image behind the video and shrink the video to the upper left hand corner exposing the still image for about 8-10 seconds and then reexpand the video to cover the still image. I had a problem when I originally set the length to 8 and decided to change it to 10 and to set 'Ease-in' - 'Ease out' values.

My original setting were:
1st keyframe - video is full frame,
2nd keyframe - 1 second in - video shrinks to 0.482 in size ,
3rd keyframe - 7 seconds in - values remain at 0.482,
4th keyframe - 8 seconds in - size is set to 1.000 giving a full frame.

Problem 1: After setting the ease in/out values for each of the four time points, checking them showed that when one is set, it resets another. I do not find it possible to set each of the four points in the zoom out/zoom in settings without effecting those that were previously set.

Problem 2: When I changed the length of the zoom out/zoom in from 8 to 10 seconds (delete the last two settings and add 2 more at 9 seconds and 10 seconds in, the values set for key frames at 2 and 9 seconds would not remain constant. Change 1 and the other changes to something else. Also the keyframe that was deleted at 8 seconds is still there, but invisible. Running a preview you can see the size of the picture growing and then start shrinking when it gets 8 seconds in. So even tho' I cannot see a keyframe there, it is there. (I tried closing PD and reopening it to no avail.)

The only way I have found around this is to start over with a new video and not make any mistakes. However, that does not solve the ease-in, ease-out problem.

I have been very frustrated and disappointed with PD365. I have been using PD for 8-10 years and did run across problems now and then, but not to the magnitude of those I have seen in the last year with PD365. UGH!

If there are any resolutions out there, I would be grateful to hear about them.

I am really surprised that this has not been reported. I could find nothing in the forum.
Quote I just got the new upgrade and I must say my initial response is not good. First thing I noticed is the trash can button is missing. When I am making cuts on a clip there is no way to delete the unused pieces without going through a clunky menu, or getting my keyboard out. What?! Maybe I am missing something? I looked for a setting but no avail.

Also the clip/movie button is gone from the preview. Now when I click stop, it only goes back to the end of the clip. I can see no way to switch it back & forth as we used to. Again... maybe I am overlooking a setting?

There are other things missing but those are the 2 major problems so far. The clunky interface has ruined any semblance of a workflow.

I understand that there is always an adjustment period to get used to 'improvements' but these 2 were poorly thought out. Can we get a toggle to put them back?

I agree that Cyberlink has rmade things more difficult. However, there might be workarounds. If you just want to preview a clip, you can turn on keyframe for that clip and the preview will only play that clip. It is silly to have removed the Clip/Movie option from the preview controls.
Quote The uploaded 15 seconds hevc Test MP4 Rendering.mp4 plays okay here. The Windows/Properties/Detail show a frame height of 1080 on my pc instead of the 1088 Paul shows on the 2 minute clip propertes on his pc. See the attached. Windows issues??

I create a video file using H.264 instead of H.265. Windows Exporer showed the properties as 1920x1080. I am confident that is my issue.

Saying it plays MP4 is totally insufficient. There are H.264 MP4 files and H.265 MP4 files among other variants. You created a H.265 MP4 file in PD which many players can struggle with, especially if older. Are the ones that it plays at church H.264 MP4 files?

Jeff

That is probably the answer. I will create an H.264 video and see if it will play at church. I am guessing that is the case. Will let you know.

Thanks a bunch!
Quote I wouldn't trust the windows property box for video, it has notoriously been incorrect.

I checked about 5 different utilities that report framesize and they all shown 1920x1080, MediaInfo is free and used by many. Any chance your church equipment simply can't play H.265 videos? I’d try to create a H.264 MP4 file and see if it will play that.

Jeff

No, It plays MP4, MPG, and WMV. It creates MP4 which I then edit to remove the 15 minute lead in and any excess trailer. However, as I think about it, maybe when loading a video, it checks the properties and sees an incorrect height and won't play it. My Windows Explorer shows correct height for everything but MP4 and it is incorrect for both 1280x1720 and 1920x1080 and our video computer will not read it (altho' the other computers will), so there is something peculiar about the PD video.

Thanks for your help
I created a 15 second segment from the source video.
Sorry, I completely overlooked the Attachments button at the bottom and was trying to find it amongst the icons across the top.
I have attached 2 shots of the properties of the source video and the PD produced video, along with the settings used to produce the video.
I obviously don't know how to upload attachments. I will find some help and repost the attachments referenced in the previous post.
Quote There is a limit to how big a forum attachment can be. It used to be 5MB and now it's at least 50MB, so for bigger attachments you have to upload to a cloud service like OneDrive or Google Drive and share a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.
Also, were you producing with the default produce settings or one that was created by the Profile Analyzer? If you're willing to share, please include a clip straight from your camera as well as a version produced by PD19 so we can evaluate both.

I have attached a 15 second segment of the PD rendered video, along with the properties of the rendered video and the properties of the original 33 minute video created by the camera system we use at church. The input video is 1.2 gig and too large to upload.

Thank you for your help.

Copy of PD settings used to render the MP4

Properties of the source video

<video controls="controls" width="300" height="150">
<source src="C:\Pictures\2 Church\Service Recomposition\Test MP4 Rendering.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>
I have been rendering 1920x1080 resolution MP4 video files that play fine when played on PowerDVD16 but not by some players. At church we have a camera and software system that creates MP4 files. It will play the ones it creates but not the one I create. After some investigation, I determined that the MP4 files created by PowerDirector have a resolution of 1920x1088 (see attachment), not 1080.
I can take a 1920-1080 MP4 video load it into PD, re-render and it renders as 1920x1088. A file rendered as 1280x720 renders as 1280x736. This is disconcerting.

My PowerDirector information is:
PowerDirector Version: 19.1.2321.0 (64-bit)
Versyion type: 365
SR number: VDE201109-03
I purchased that NewBlue product directly from New Blue a year or two ago for PD 17, because it had better chroma key capability and have been running just find since then. It continued to work in PD365 until my system crashed and I had to reinstall everything.
I should have replied to TOMASC earlier. He suggested I uninstall and reinstall PD. Worked like a charm. It does bother me that the solution is so drastic. If cyberlink is going to support 3rd party plugins, they should have the ability, as in past versions, to bring in new plugins without unstalling and reinstalling - a time consuming procedure.

However there was a silver lining to reinstalling Windows 10 and then PowerDirector. Where before Titles and Keyframe operations were very cluncky, after reinstalling Windows 10, they were at least 10-20 times as fast (no exaggeration).
I run a video recording lab at my church and create videos with the chromakey screen background. This past week I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all my software, including PowerDirector 365. The reinstallation of PD has given me a hugh headache. It supports New Blue Essentials Effect 6, but when I reinstalled New Blue Essentials IV, PD wouldn't recognize it.

If you ask why I don't use the chroma key feature of PD, it is fairly rudimentary, very limited adjustmet capability, no garbgage collection and leaves a green scheen on edges. I can get rid of the scheen, but at the expense of getting rid of part of the face. Essentials IV also allows me to pur a black border around the dubject that I use to create specialized videos.

Is there any way to install Essentials IV in PD 365. If not, I will have to purchase Corel VideoStudio which does support New Blue.
I am creating only MP4 videos now, which has solved my problem. Although I don't believe the audio quality is as good. I would prefer .MPG, but if I can't use the MPG in another project, it is useless.

But thanks for the help. You validated what I am doing.
I create titles with multiple (up to 12) text lines in the title. I do this for a church service video that goes out on Vimeo. For example, I add the text of a hymn to match up with a audio. If there are four stanzas, I will have either 4 or 8 different lines to display. This is done against a semi transparant grey background in the lower third of the video. Throughout the edit process, I have to wait for PD to catch up with me. I drag one end of a text line to match the singing, wait, drag the other end, wait. Editing the text is the only activity that seems to run normally. The wait time is anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds, at times longer.

There have been more that a few times that PD quit - no warning message, no message to send anything off for PD to look at, nothing. When that happens, I have to bring up Windows Task Manager and manually close PDRStyleAgent and PDStyleAgent so that I can restart PowerDirector. When that started happening I set my auto backup to 2 minutes to reduce recovery time.

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system

My hardware is a 3.70GHz XPS8930 with 32 GIG memory with 8th Generation Intel - i7-8700K - 6-core processor

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics memory

Enable OpenCL technology is checked
Enable hardware decoding is checked
Last Optimized 2020/04/18
Go to: