Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You'll be asked for content so the moderator s can assist. See -http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page;jsessionid=B02F5591E8B6C02665346B0A8A9F40F3
Ultimate suite has colour director if I recall. Failing the basics within PD, use colour director and masking to try balance the under/over exposure. Search for tutorials on colour director if you're not familiar with it. All the best.
Your workflow is spot on in my experience and is what I do. Colour correction will slow down all but the most powerful of machines. You can do a "preview render" of a section of video which is essentially temporarily producing a section. I find this the best work around once you've got creative.
I use a hero2 and hero3 BE, never had an issue when importing directly or through gopro studio, in PD 11 and 12.

Have you imported video from another camera? All good?

I'd consider reinstalling. Others may be able to provide a better resolve, but its always worked for me.
I'm at work, procrastinating, though cannot access youtube so taking a little blind stab at your problem. If you do a "render preview" does it work smoothly? If you don't know what I'm referring to, search youtube for "Power Director 12 render preview", Michael Bishop posted it. It may be a work around, but might assist for the time being. Have you made any colour correction to you video? I can add all sorts of graphics, but once I fiddle with colours, it slows significantly, to a point where if it's important colour correction I use the render preview alternative.

There's been quite a number of threads re NVidia drivers and issues with win8/8.1, can you revert back to the video driver pre-8.1 update?

What are you trying to achieve? With any program there is a learning curve, so depending on what you're wanting out of it, you may get the desired results from free software, say windows movie maker. The free stuff is much more basic, though if its just some trimming you're doing it may be fine. If you want to learn and develop editing skills, PD is great to learn with, and still quite easy for beginner's.

You can also try the free 30 day trial.
Big thanks for sharing Render Preview. That'll be handy to render small snippets to visualise the corrections/changes to make further adjustments.
Quote: Amazing!! That was exactly what I needed to do! I had already unchecked aspect ratio but would've never noticed those blue handles, only the white. That worked perfectly thanks a ton for the help.

These guys got in quick and you seem to have it sorted. For others, PDToots did a tutorial (check youtube) creating your own transitions, which sounds very similar in the skewing of an image approach you're refering to. The approach/method would be transferable to what you're working on.
Does the grey space have anything to do with being a duplicate? There is a tick box on the left LHS when you open a project, duplicates are greyed out by default if I recall correctly, so you just untick that box.
Quote: I have the TRV740 8mm Digital camcorder. HAven't tried it with PD yet, but I have always had better success with WINDV. It's a small free app that works with any DV camcorder. Just Google it.

I like it because it reads the date/time from the tape and uses that as filename for the video.

Yup, I second this approach. Did this recently than pulled into PD. I didn't consider trying through PD.
Have you tried playing the raw video directly through the TV? Or the computer? Same issues? Lower the frame rate, same issues?

Got the latest gopro firm ware?

I would Still be guessing its video card related, rather than software. Your other camera would most likely be at 30 frames per second which could account for the difference.

Example of my gopro footage below at 1440 res, 50fps (PAL). Pretty smooth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLy-ycBz3nc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Almost all my video's are done with a gopro (hero2 and hero3 BE) and never experienced what you refer to. What settings are you using on the gopro, someone (even myself) can try the same to recreate. Otherwise I'd consider it's your video card not able to handle the resolution or frame rate - details of your computer would also help others assist.
I just did a quick search - doesn't appear to, unless it's been a silent improvement since PD10 era

So details:
http://www.hd-converter.com/convert-mxf/import-sony-xdcam-canon-xf-panasonic-dvcpro-hd-p2-mxf-to-cyberlink-powerdiretor.html

http://flvbest.com/tag/sony-xdcam-cams-mxf-recordings-to-cyberlink-powerdirector/

I've got nothing to do with those websites, might be able to search for a free converter.
I did this update early last week due to a freezing issue I had during editing (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31027.page).

I haven't been able to replicate the freezing during editing since the update and my actions/workflow hasn't changed. Coincidence or not, back to seamless editing again.
Have you trawled directorzone?

Or complete as an openning door and run it backwards (is that even possible...)
Perhaps try the trial version to see if your computer has sufficient power to do what you want and the features you desire. I've never seen PD9, my old man has PD 10, i started with PD 11. I only downloaded 12 recently so yet to complete a project to comment much on processing speed. I5 is a dual core processor if I recall, rather than quad core of I7, so you may not get significant improvements over PD9 with their latest development.

The main two new features of 12, multicam and theme design is what made me upgrade. Multicam is awesome if you ever use two (to 4) devices, and theme design is good for short clips, say memorable day trips. I'm likely to use theme designer for a short clip to show at my wedding next year.

Hope this helps.
Regarding your editing approach, how exactly are you doing it? Using the multi trim option, splitting, or some other way. Ive found multi trim to be effective and fast for large recordings. Not sure what resolution you're running in the preview, though best not to run full HD unless you have a very powerful machine (GPU) so that could slow it down to.
Bump Any words of wisdom?

Shall I try the beta patch - V2405? Do I need to do an unstall/re-install to add the patch or is it good to go with the update?

In the interim I might run the project through PD11 to see if it replicates... I'm not at a point to use Audio or Colour director, will get the editing completed first, then consider if it's worth further fiddling.
Attached is a PD12 screen shot and 5sec of raw video.
Hi,
I've started editing a new (2.5yr old) project in PD12 and during the editing phase it's freezing the program completely, requiring the program to be shut down. Over a period of a few hours, it froze about half a dozen times. Fortunately I was using PDToots recommended project management approach, regularly saving of PDS files so lost little each time. I had come from PD11 and never experienced any issues, though hadn't worked on a project with so many short clips. Very few will have any effects added. I still have PD11 installed (whether it matters).

My total project is about 13gb of AVI video and still images. Video is 720x576 at 25fps, interlaced and 4:3 ratio, shot on old DV camcorder. My other projects have been with a gopro or sony digital camera in PD11. The freezing occurs while I'm editing in the timeline phase, so splitting, trimming, audio and basic colour correction, some titles, etc. The only common trigger is if I'm editing things quickly, add an undo or something of that nature, it freezes. I haven't got to producing the video and I'm about 35mins through content.

I'm running PD Ultimate, version 12.0.2209.0, SR number VDE130910-01. I believe I have all the latest updates, I checked after it froze a few times and made any available updates, but still got the freezing.

DxDiag attached, please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
Sean
Go to: