Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Try a web search using the words animated route maps. .

There is a host of information and different methods.

I use an app that produces about 500 frames then combines them into an avi file. I thing the name is Routegen but could be corrected. Not near my PC for a week or so, so cannot verify name.

Rgds
Hi,

Many thanks, it was the aspect ratio that was at fault.

Although I picked 16:9 when I first searched, the web page I ended up on seems to loose the aspect parameter.

( https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/search/effect-search.do#EE,SOUND,TT:title,COLLAGE:videoc,MT,PFX,PRESET,AVATAR:avatar,AVATARC,ACC,BG,MGS,BLENDING,OVERLAY,EXT,AR,ENV,ACE,TP,CP,DB,EXP:opening,EXP:middle,EXP:end__Relevance__AllTime__All__ALL__All__-1__1__16)

There are lots of useful filters on the page, it would be useful if aspect ratio could be added.

I took a look at 4:3 ratio, and all my downloads were sitting there !

Thanks again.

(@10:30 am UK)
Hi,

I would appreciate some advice on the following. I have just tried downloading some titles and effects from the Cyberlink site and install them into PD17.

When downloaded i am asked either to save them or use PD subroutine to load them. If the latter, the installer window confirms the download and installed or;

I can locate the downloads and double click them, The installer message window comes up and says they are installed but in either case PD does not see them in the libraries.

I have installed these types of downloads previously (some months ago).

I have not used PD for a while, and I am aware that Win10 has some major upgrades (??) and PD17 also had a major upgrade.

I have taken a look in c:\users\Public etc and see my previous downloads, so can only assume that the files are being installed elsewhere ( but where ?) or Win10 is having an Adminstatrion huff, and not allowing PD to see them.

I have restarted Win10 and PD hoping that the file paths would be seen, but no luck on that approach. I have tried tracing new files loaded by date, but again seem unable to locate any files other than the downloads.

Any suggestions would be useful

Thanks in anticipation.
A possible cause could be the extra sat nav information carried in the clip for position and speed carried .in the clips.

No idea how to deal with the problem other than try some conversation software and output a similar file format.

Rgds
I have occasional problems with videos from my cameras, car cams, and loaned videos. All of which do hiccup.

I regularly refresh the save of whatever software I use. So hopefully do not lose too much.

I do wonder if it is something to do with the codecs getting confused.

Where I think there may be a problem with PD17 when it automatically saves and I maybe doing something complex at the time. PD either freezes and hangs, then go into stasis for a while, then recovers, or just crashes.

I stop the automatic saves and make sure I manually save the work regularly, seems to work for me.

This
Could be Win 10 user right issues. A number of problems occur when there are admin rights to some apps but not others.

Maybe change the executable. .exe .to run as administrator, and see if that fixes the problem.

Rgds
Do you have to be connected to the internet to use 365?

I use my laptop in the motor home for field edits, so little chance of connectivity in some sites.

Rgds
I have a feeling that you can make the slideshow the same length as a sound clip'

I made a white noise clip of the duration I required and the slides sorted themselves out. Mounted the completed file in PD then stripped of the audio.

Apologies it may have been a different video edit program I used.

Rgds
Just a sideways thought. The reason I purchased a SSD was to speedup PD when editing and rendering.

So it might be worth upgrading to a larger SSD ?

I put all my Clips, photos, music into a project folder on the SSD and let PD13 do its own thing. Once it has found the links, it seems to work (reasonably) quickly for me.

Rgds
Many thanks for your replies

Rgds
I would grateful for any comments about monitors to use when editing with PD13

Manufacturers; size, single or double setup, pixels:

Do different video cards work better with different monitors ?

I am running a Nvidia GTX 750 card

.Rgds
I use Panasomic HD MT2s files direct from the camera to produce AVCHD DVDs

I have noticed in PD12 the SVRT files virually formed at the same rate as the editing, IN PD13, I have to reactivate SVRT and wait a while while the PC does it stuff.

Rgds
If you are running Win7 64

Off the wall suggestion !

Either /or / and Run PD13 as administrator or create a new user with admin rights and see if the problem is resolved.

Easy to to. and worth a try.

Rgds
Thanks ;

Relieved that it was'nt me !

Rgds
Is it my imagination, or have some postings been removed from this thread ?

Probably me, I'm getting to thar age ;

rgds
My PC runs at 100%. I dont know how my build differs from yours ? (Please see build below)

Rgds
Hi this thread mat have some relevent pointers.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42753.page#220714

Also see my comments (las item on thread) on Win 7, SSD and the trim comand and "false" restore points;

Rgds
Maybe something has ""auto "" updated, without your knowledge. Maybe something like the video card drivers ?

Nvida did that on me

Propably teaching Granny to suck eggs but whilst using Task manage, All users processes, click on the top of the CPU column and see what proccess are pulling the cpu. Might have a rogue process starting

Rgds
Being a Newbie to PDirector and the ways of Cyberlink ;

I assume that a beta release patch is later released as an official patch.

I know its a "How long is bit of string question?"" but what sort of time period is usual before a beta becomes ok'ed for reelease and work starts on the next beta ?

Rgds
Try running PD13 ""as administrator" even if your user has administrator priveldges.

or try running PD13 as a different user

or make a new user and run PD.

Might be worth a try ?

Rgds

UK 19:20 17 Mar 15
Go to: