Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello all..

I'm running PD8 and I have created a title screen where I inserted two pics. I see that the pics fade in and out as the title displays, is there a way to make the pics not do that?

Thanks,
Bob
Hello all..

I'm having an issue where I add in the Powertool video speed effect, slow motion, that when I view it in PD8 it shows very choppy, and actually causes the next few frames to show choppy as well. If I pause and start the playback, after the slow motion effect it will play normally, but the slow motion is terrible in playback and it effects the rest of the movie. If I produce it sometimes it works as expected and sometimes it doesn't.

Basically I'm going through game flim from our local HS and creating a highlight DVD, I have a hit that I'd like to play back in slow motion multipy times, twice, and then reply the final time in normal speed. When it gets to the slow motion portion it gets very choppy, very choppy. I guess its possible the clip is to small, 00:00:00:19 is the original length. I've attempted slow it down just about 50%, but the only thing I can do to keep it from jumping is slow it way down to like 20% of the original, but that doesn't really give me the effect I'm looking for. Is the fact its such a short portion of the clip I'm trying to alter is my problem? Any suggestions?

This is my system:
PD8
Win7 x64
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
ATI HD 5600s 1GB Video card
8GB of Ram

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks Gents!
Hello all..

I'm working on a project where I have two football helmets crashing into each other and I'd like to add the effect of them exploding.

Currently what I've done is I have added a image of two helmets in two different PIP tracks, used the motion settings and they collide and then I fade them out. However I'd like to have them break into peices when they touch and thought using transitions would work, however it doesn't appear you can add transitions to a PIP track.

Is there a way to add the transitions to PIP tracks and I'm over looking it or anyone have any suggestions on a way to make this work like I described above? I'd be happy to share what I've gotten so far for any feedback or suggestions, but not sure where to do that at, yet.

Thanks in advance..

Bob
I haven't really found the problem but I believe I have a good enough workaround.

I ended up producing the project to a single file, .mpg, and that worked fine, then I took that one file and replaced the indiviual clips with my produced version and I was able to burn to my local machine. I haven't tried to burn to DVD yet but I suspect I'll be able to when I'm ready.

Thanks for the help..

Bob
Hello all..

I'm using Power Director 8 on a Win 7 64bit PC. I have capture videos from several different disk, these videos are from a local High School Football games. I've taken each game and made a seperate project of each. However fro some reason one game will not burn to disk. Its not the last game I've tried, probably the 3rd, and all the other games I burned to a DVD via PD with out issue. I recive the below error message after I attempt to burn to disk.

"Powerdirector could not query the number of TMUs from the multiplexer
It is an internal local error"

I have confirm via CyberLinks site that my installation is Windows's 7 compaitable. I'm using a Dell 9100 Studio XPS desktop with Intel i7 processer, 8Gb of memory, and an ATI Radeon HD 5600 series graphics card. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with the computer itself, as I said I can burn other similar projects with out issue. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I followed the same steps as I did before when I created and burned the other projects.

I get the same error when I try to burn to a file on my local desktop, it gets to 99% and presents the error message. I can close the error box and return to the project like nothing happend.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks JL, sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I do have a newer DVD player and they work fine using it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a step somewhere in the ImgBurn process, which it doesn't sound like I am. I figure most people I making this for it will work, and if doesn't then I'm not going to worry to much considering I'm doing this as a favor and at my own cost.

I just happen to have the older player down stairs and I'm to lazy to walk upstair and test each DVD one at time...

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks..that did the trick!
I've got a project that I'm 36 minutes over on a standard DVD and wondering if there is any type of compression that I can use that will help me here or are my only options to cut out the 36 minutes or go with a DD DVD.

If I go with a DD DVD will that work in a standard DVD player, and do I need to do anything special to make it work.

Sorry if these are a bit of newb questions my first real big project, and I'd hate to assume anything here.

Thanks
Bob
I've got a project that I'm burning fine with the PD8 and I'm starting to use ImgBurn to speed things up and both burn fine. However I notice that when I test it in my older DVD player, probably at least 7 plus years old, it won't play, (either the PD8 or the ImgBurn copy), but both will in the newer player.

However I did notice that the PD8 version will play in Windows Media player (no sound , sure that's a codec thing) but the ImgBurn will not. I'm not so much worried about that but would like to get know if I'm missing a setting in the ImgBurn or not. I'm using the directions I found in the fourm that pointed me to here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

I did download Media Player Classic Homecinema and all appears to work fine there but again would just like to make sure I'm doing things right in the ImgBurn before I burn a bunch of more copies.

Thanks
Bob

The DVDs i'm using are Maxell DVD -R
Thanks for the advice!

BTW, if you have any song suggestion feel free to chime in, no pund intended..

What I had planned on incorporated is listed below, obviously I'll not get them all in, and I don't want to over load it but if anyone thinks of something new or different feel free to reply. Again thanks for the suggests, it will really help, oh if anyone has a video that's out there I'd love to get some visual ideas too, promise I won't use any copyrighted material..

Crawling In The Dark - Hoobastank
Drowning Pool, "Bodies"
Remember the Name (Fort Minor) - Clean Version
Thunderstruck" - AC/DC
Here Comes the Boom" by Nelly

Thanks,
Bob
Hello all, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to video editing so Im wanting to get some thoughts and opinions on this topic. Sorry if this isn't the right fourm, feel free to direct me to the correct location, if not.

I've been recording my son's football games, mostly for the coach's purposes, which has helped, however as the season is winding down and I'd like to put together a highlight video for the team. I've never really done anything like this so I don't want it to look just thrown together. I've a few issue with PD8 trial in the past that several folks here have already help me through so I'm so I feel good about using PD8, btw, i'm using the full version now.

As I'm going through the game footage I've been grouping the passing, running, and defensive plays altogether by each game, but I'm wondering if that's to organized should I mix things up a bit, should it be a bit more all over the board, differnt plays from differnt games etc. Also what about transitions, should I have some, none, alot, etc. I'm sure most of this is personal preference but I just thought if I could get some opinions from the experts out there I could try and incorporate that into this and it won't have the look and feel that a lot of us Newbie add in or leave out.

I do have music that I will be using, I do planing on using some of the effects features, mostly focus, I do plan on using some slow motion, and for those big hits adding double or triple scenes to mutiple the hit.

Thanks in advance..
Bob
Thanks Tony..that worked out great..

Bob
I'm using PD8 trial version, and I'd like to be able to add a Title at the start of my project. From what I noticed when I add a title it simple puts the title words over the first frame(s), I'd perfer it to be seperate, not write on my project.

The one work around I found was to add a transition, that does nothing, to the begining of the project and then add my title. That seems to work, but not sure that's the best way.

Is it possible to add in a break in the time line and then add the title, or does the title have to be some time of image file that I'll have to create or download?

I know I can go into the title editor and create the title, but it doesn't seem to allow me to change the background color from transparent, to black or white or whatever. In this project I'm simply looking to put up a black background with some basic wording introducing the project, nothing fancy.

I'm not using menus when I create the DVD.

Thanks,
Bob
Just an another quick update, I created another disc last night using the Create Disc option in PD8 using a DVD format this time and using the same project I've been using and had no problems viewing on my PC or in my DVD player.

I didn't realize how quickly the DVD burn completed compared to the SVCD process, so obviously I will start using DVDs going forward.

Trying to save a few bucks using CDs is not worth the extra time it takes to create the CD versions or the hassle I've had to deal with. Not sure what I'll do with all these left over CDs, but I'm sure my teenagers will find something.. :

Thanks again for all your help.
Bob
Ok good news I belive I've got the original issue resloved. I found a previous CD that I created, using the SVCD format, straight to disc, using PD8 prior to my system crashing that I know worked on my PC and in a DVD player. When I attempted to watch it in my PC, using Media Player 9 it still wouldn't play, however I noticed that it was saying "connecting" at the bottom of the Media player window. After a few minutes of tinkering with it I found the "Enhanced Playback Experience" section in options. Basically it was trying to retrieve one or all of the following: media information, update music files, Acquire licensing etc. When I unchecked all of that the vedio played. I upgraded to Media Player 11 and again the video played fine.

So I will go back and re work the issue no be able to burn straight to disc or burn via Nero. I will also try using a DVD vs SVCD format to see I have more luck, if not I'll start a new topic.

Thanks for the help and suggestion..

Bob
Tony..I belive your right, I do have a multitude of issues happening here. Last night I did the produce option and the attempted to burn using Nero, but it would fail each time I tried with an error saying something about PVM or something to that nature, it never appeared to write to the CD.

I'm wondering now if the project is corrpurt or something. Maybe I did produce option wrong as well, I know you mention something about, "creating a folder (within the Burn Module)", not sure what you mean by Burn module there. I may just try imgburn option or just recreate a new project to see where the issue might be.

When I rebuilt the system I installed the latest graphic card drivers.

Oh, the reason i'm doing SVCD, was because I'm taping the local Football games for the HS coach, projects are less than 20 mins. Didn't want to waste all the space on a DVD or spend the etc money, guess maybe I should have..

We've got two more games left, and I was going to try to put together a DVD of the season, but at this rate i'm its not going to happen, well not with PD8.

Any all help is greatly appricated..

Thanks,
Bob
Thank for the quick replies. I thought it might have something to do with Media Player as well since I installed ver 11 and I don't believe I had that before the system crashed, honestly can't remember though.

Since I made the CD for a friend I don't have the first copy so I wanted to test this out by rolling back Media Player to ver 9 and creating new CD, but now I have a new issue. Seems like I can't burn directly to disc any more, I've coastered 3 CDs in the last hour.

I know it doesn't have anything to do with me rolling back Media Player cause I lost the first CD before I did that. Every time I create disc it seems to work, says "burn complete", but it won't attempt to read it in Windows or in a DVD player now. In Windows it says its its a blank disc, but you can tell by looking at the phyical CD data has been written to it.

I haven't try producing it yet and then using Nero but honetly I'd perfering going straight to disc, it worked before, just 24 hours ago, no reason why it shouldn't again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob
I'm using PD8, trial version, and I created a new project, about 18 minutes worth. I can preview the project fine, I can watch the project in Media Player while in edit mode fine. However after I burned it to CD I could not watch in in Windows Media Player.

I burned in using SVCD, straight to disc, no menus, no chapters, and I used CD-R cds. I can play it in a standard DVD player fine.

I've actually used PD8 trial before and had no problem, but my system crashed over the weekend and I had to rebuild and now I have this problem, any suggestion. Did I miss something?

Thanks,
Bob
Hello All..I'm a bit of a newb to PowerDirector8, I'm actually only still playing with the trial version.

Currently I use Pinnacle Studio 12, but I'd like what PowerDirector offers better but before I purchase it I'm running through the trail. One of the things I'm have issues with is the capture. I'm using a VHSC camcorder, Panasonic, that I'm capturing from a VCR. When I capture the content from PD it capture the entire movie as one clip, where as when I capture it through Pinnacle it recongizes when I've paused and it will mark that as one clip, and the next and so on. When I want to edit a specfic clip I can isolate much easier in Pinnacle. Can I get PD to recongize the pauses or something so that it captures the clips indiviually vs as one giant clip?

To give you a better example, is I'm filming a high school football games, to create a highlight video at the end of the season, so inbetween each play i pause, but I film each and every play. When I go to edit the film, to shorten certain clips, or cut out clips or what ever its a lot easier in Pinnacle cause I can isolate that one clip, where as in PD it seems to be very time comsuming, unless I'm doing it completely wrong.

The only option I found in PD was to go through the entire film and do a muti trim and split out each section, but even then I can't really isoiate that one clip, I still have go through the entire time line when I want to trim that one section even after I've segemented.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or missing something, I'd perfer to simply be able to have PD, during the capture, recongize the pauses and segment them automatically as clips, is that possible?

Thanks in advance..
Bob
Go to: