Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is multicam editing included in PD Ultimate? Just got a second cam and was thinking this might be handy...
Quote I don't see PowerDirector 18 or 19 or any standalone version for sale at the website anymore, just PD365, which you apparently have to subscribe to monthly.
Was the standalone version discontinued?

If so, does PD365 work where you only pay for it each month for the months that you need to use it?
Then it you don't need to use it for some months you don't pay again until you need to use it again?

The standalone is still available. On the PD page is also a link for other purchase options.
Quote Place titles behind objects in your videos to make a cool text effect.

Love your videos, Maliek. Always learning something new. Keep 'em coming.
Quote With that said, I've been running Win11 on my Surface Book 3 for about a month and haven't seen any compatibility issues with any of the installed apps aside from a single issue with an older nVidia driver and the discrete GTX1660Ti GPU.

A bit off-topic but:
How are you finding W11 so far. Is there a lot of bloatware. Any general performance issues? Is it user-friendly? Thoughts? Curious minds need to know.... laughing
I ask because W11 is now a thing so it's only a matter of time until I upgrade. And this is kind of a global question as I also use Photo Director and Screenrecorder and am looking at Audio Director too.

OK, so I think the only way to ensure an accurate keyframe value by manually adding a numeric value is :-

to place your audio keyframe, place your timeline scrubber at that position and use the Audio Mixing room to add your value at that keyframe or

select the audio clip, rt click>Edit Clip Keyframe>Volume and enter your value and/or more keyframes.

Does that assist?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I mean... it works... but what a backwards way of doing something relatively simple.

Obviously Cyberlink do this to sell more product so... fair enough. Looks like I'll have to shell out for Audio Director.
Thanks for the responses!

I method I use at the moment is to export the voice-over track (that has reverb) from PD as wav and import into Ableton, do the de-reverb, export as wav, reimport into PD and align.... phew...

Ableton has great native tools and of course there are tons of plug-ins to use too. But what a schlepp.
Does any one here use the de-reverb function in Audio director for their videos? How good is the result? And how seemlessly does Audio Director work within Power Director?
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to have to go through these one at a time and see what has the best result.

I'm going to start by trying 1080p. I exported as 4k which is total overkill for this sort of thing.
Quote I find the Hotkey, "," (comma, previous frame) and "." (period, next frame) quicker to use than mouse clicking the preview window arrows.

Not really necessary to be zoomed in on the timeline unless desired, you are going through the footage a frame at a time. When you have the scrubber at the correct spot, just use "Ctrl T" to split.

Jeff

Didn 't know about the ',' and '.'. I really gotta start using hotkeys. Great tip!
Quote YouTube re-encodes your video to make it streamable, so it's not likely related to the video you've uploaded. Especially if your MP4 plays fine on your computer.

Can you share the link to the YouTube video so we can see it? It's possible the YouTube video is fine but something is wrong in the stream you're watching.

Can't share it, deleted when I saw it wasn't playing right. Played it on my desktop and my mobile. Stuttered in the exact same place each time.
I made a video using a 3rd party audio (music) file and overlaying still images on the audio. I produced this as an mp4 and played it in VLC, no problem. Uploaded it to Youtube but both the video and audio stuttered toward the end. I deleted the video from Youtube thinking maybe the upload corrupted the file somehow. I uploaded the exact same video to Youtube again (absuolutely no changes, no re-produce, the exact same file) and this time it stuttered in the the beginning.

Is this a sample rate issue that isn't playing nice with Youtube? Or maybe an export option? What could cause this? Please help.
Quote Is there a way in power drector 19 ro remove unwanted objects in photos from the background.
Or is this feture in photo director?
I have seen other programs online that can with an eraser tool get rid of anything you don ot want in a photo.
Any help on this would be apprecaited.
I have been able to put a black mask over the object but not to get rid of the black mask and object. LOL
Anything I can add to my power director to make this happen would be great.
Thanks.
Eddy Rice

I use Photo Director. It's got some pretty good tools. See the attached pic, I cut out the people at the bottom...

Perfect. Cheers mate.
Is it possible to change the function of the scroll wheel so that when I scroll it goes up and down, not side to side?
Quote Hmm, I have a couple ideas. The first would be to stabilize the video and produce it before applying the mask and the new background. That should at least make keyframing any remaining mask movements easier.

The other would be to use the mask + motion tracking feature if you have ColorDirector.

Following!

Was actually looking at colour director a few days ago for this very purpose.

Hi,
AudioDirector or AudioEditor?

Don't think the Audio Editor has an adjustable Y axis, but AudioDirector does allow that section of the screen to be enlarged by grabbing the boundary and dragging it vertically.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The audio editor in PD.
When opening the audio editor for a clip there is a little graph at the bottom where one adjust the audio levels. Problem is its a very small area so fine adjustments are impossible. Is there either a way to make this area bigger (taller) or manually input gain levels?
Quote Had you previously used the Render Preview tool or had the preview resolution set to Ultra HD Resolution? If so, you could click on Preferences > General > Manually Delete the temp files and make sure all the files in use for the current project are deleted.

I'll have a look at that. Thanks.

Quote If that's not the case, I think it would be really helpful if you could share an earlier version of the project from when you took the screenshot.

If you have auto save turned on (under Preferences > Project), you should be able to recover the project from that point and then use File > Pack Project Materials... to save a copy of the project to OneDrive or Google Drive. Paste a publicly shareable link to it here so other people can see exactly what's going on.

Not keen on sharing a project here.
I managed to get a workaround by exporting A-E as one file and then the rest as another file and then importing those files into a new project. Then it worked the way it should. Still looking for a fix for this though.
Quote By any chance do you have the timeline track order reversed?

No. You can see that in the screenshot too. Also that doesn't make a difference, clips higher up numerically should always play on top of lower.
Go to: