Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Did you try it?

It has no effect on picture, no, it's not for black and white, it is just the timecode reference.

Jeff

Haven't tried yet, but I will. Maybe not tonight, it's just past midnight here so I'm soon going to bed.

However this YT-video says otherwise.
https://youtu.be/ykjyNeuQROU

That's because you have drop frame timecode set to yes in pref. Set it to no, then the timeline timecode of 00:01:00:00 can be selected.

Jeff

Won't that affect the picture? Non-Drop Frame is for black and white.
It doesn't really matter in this case, but I can't select out postion at precisely 1 minute.

It goes to either 00:00:59:29 or 00:00:01:02.
I've found out how to do it. There's a checkbox to uncheck "Lighting adjustment".
This is what was added at the beginning of the first clip in the timeline after I had split it and edited the second clip. I didn't notice it before I had rendered the movie and saved. How do I delete it?
Quote It may help if you tell us if your PD19 or if it is PD365 is purchased at a New User price or as an Upgrade User at a lower price. As an upgrade user you should have the option of uninstalling PD18 at the time of installing PD19. I wouldn’t delete stuff. Uninstal is the better option for a trouble free pc. You probably did not create any custom assets and saved them for further use.

It's an upgrade from PD 18 Ultimate to PD 19 Ultimate.

Yes, I was offered to delete PD 18, but I chose to keep it at least for a while since there often are some bugs or things that don't work as expected in a new version. And I was right about that since there was an issue with the snap to clips feature that wasn't fixed until april or so.

Guess I'll keep this one then. Maybe I can delete them both when they release a version 20. We'll see.

Edited: I used the term delete but what I actually meant was uninstall.
I've become more comfortable with PD 19 and it seems to work well. Therefore I wonder if it's safe to delete PD 18 without loosing files that are needed by PD 19? Anything special that I need to look out for?

This attached side by side by side video may be what the OP meant by a blurred border in between. This is accomplished with the PiP Designer and an alternative mask that the PM mentioned.

Thanks! Yes, the video shows exactly how I want it to be. I confused things by speaking about a blurred frame.

I'm unfamiliar with using masks so I'll check out the online manual to begin with.
I want to add borders to clips. The only option in the PiP Designer adds a border to the object within it. I want to add a blurred border so that the clips blend into each other when having them side by side in the video, thus removing the unnatural sharp edges. A blurred frame if you'd like.

Thanks for the link!

However I can't find the term "anchor point" by searching in the manual. I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction, or give me another key word to look for.

Never mind, I went to the online manual and then I found it. I'll be back if I don't get it. Thanks! cool
When resizing a clip by dragging from a corner, all sides are equally moved. I want to grab the lower right corner and make it smaller at the same time as it stays in the upper left corner. When it reaches half way I want it to snap to the grid so that I can have 4 individual clips of the same size in the preview window, 16/9 format.
So there isn't yet a PDF manual for PD19?
The answer is that I had a lower volume setting in the Windows Movie/TV app. πŸ€ͺ
I've noticed that the audio level is not as high in a produced movie as in the original audio file. Can it be changed to retain the original level?
Thanks for the tips! I will keep them in mind.

The issue is not frequent. I think it may be related to how fast I do things like stopping, rewinding, pressing the play button and such things. Maybe if I'm not in a hurry it will work better.
When playing back a video the sound sometimes disappears or becomes irratic. This has also been the case in PD 18, but in PD 18 the only thing I needed to do was to rewind and start from the beginning. In PD 19 I need to restart it. Wat's causing this behavior?
πŸ‘
Quote Ahh -

You were using multiple green screen clips overlaid??? That might explain your comment "that made both the background image and track 4 visible in a strange mix."

I'm glad you're getting the hang of it a bit more.

I made that sparkle thing, but I probably made it by modifying someone else's particle. There are a few variations of it attached. If you double click the .dzl file, they'll install in PDR. Just delete any you don't want.

Cheers - Tony

Did you modify it in PD or is PhotoShop or similar app neeeded?

So it's possible to make one's own installable files. That's great! Got to learn more about this some time.

Thanks a lot! laughing
Quote Hi Tomas E -

Assuming you haven't reversed the track order in Preferences, if you insert your greenscreen video in Track 5 then apply chroma key, anything that isn't masked by the background image/video will be visible.

e.g. GS vid - T5, Particle or Video Overlay - T4, BG vid - T3... the particle or PiP object will be visible (attached screenshot)
GS vid - T5, BG vid - T4, Particle or Video Overlay - T3... the particle or PiP object won't be visible.

Posting screenshots of your timeline/preview would help clarify your issue.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for this info! Interesting and useful to a newbie! 😎 Where did you get that Teeth Sparkle, if I may ask? Really nice!

I was going to post an answer yesterday but got a timeout message. This forum is not up to date for sure. I don't see why Cyberlink don't seem to bother to make it faster. It's a shame really.

However, later on I discovered that deactivating one of the GS tracks led me in the right direction. Now that I know that, I should be able to figure out which segments to cut out to shift between the different tracks as desired. I've also simplified things by putting one of the video tracks together with the audio.
I've been using track 1 for the background and the chroma key video (with the green screen) on track 2. Now that I have several tracks I'm a bit lost in how this works. I put the background image in track 1 as usual and then made my settings in one of the tracks with the green screen (track 4). But in this case the background was taken from track 5, that is the other green screen track that is involved. I tried making chroma key settings in track 5 and that made both the background image and track 4 visible in a strange mix.

Track 2 is a just a short clip at the beginning of the movie and track 3 contains only audio.
Quote This is mostly a workflow issue, and it sounds like you've figured out that it's better to make those significant changes first before splitting the clip into other sections. Use this from now on and you'll save yourself time and headaches πŸ‘

I guess my question is based on that I'm used to work with DAWs primarily. There you can split the soundbites, replace, glue them together and so on independently on each track.

I usually use the same chroma key background, but this time I got a new idea that was more suitable in this particular case. That's something you cannot decide beforehand. Ideas pop up when you least expect it. 😊

But I agree that good planning is to prefer, that's how I work most of the time. 😊
Go to: