Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote It may be just the preview. More than likely the produced video will be in sync. You can always do a range produce on the short segment to be sure. You can also do a range for a Render preview to be sure,

Thanks. Earlier I will check.

By range produce you mean drag the slider over to highlit a portion of the clip in yellow, right click and produce it

and by range preview you mean

drag the slider over a portion of the video to highlite it in yellow , right click to produce but on the produce screen, just play it on the monitor there, correct?

EDIT: This makes me sick, I've beenn working on this a couple hundred hours. I just procesed that bad portion, and yes, the audio is messed up after changing the duration, but what is worse, I noticed the all the audio is off. Not near as bad the part after the image after messing with the duration, but it is off.
Quote Before you get too deep trouble shooting, first try closing PowerDirector, then turn off your computer, then restart the computer and PowerDirector.

I did, thanks. It didnt help.

I exported it to 264, and am working with that now, which isnt too bad really except the audio seems barely out of sync.

And I can't get the watermark off my videos, which I will post about tomorrow (I have reached my limit of posts for today).

I paid for a subscription, it looks like I will end up adding extra video to the front of my final timeloine that I can trim off after I export it, then have to use a third party dvd authoring program to make DVDs. Nice.

When I had my free thirty days tech support I spent hours on the phone with them and they couldnt figure out how to remove the watermark.

PD has been great for the most part, very intuitive but there are just two or three seemingly simple problems that keep me wondering if I should try another video authoring program
I have another post about this same sync problem except with adding to title card duration.

If I overwrite the timeline video with an image, there are no problems with subsequent audio (after the image) until I go back and add time to the duration of the image clip.

Then the audio is out of sync.

Please advise how to add time to the duration without throwing audio out of sync. I will add images at the default ten seconds in the mean time.
I have been bookmarking every post I make here so I can check them for answers. Am I missing some way to look up previous threads started by me?
I googled the above title and found similar problems addressed,such as audio out of sync after processing or editing or people asking how to sync audio from two different sources (?) but nothing about overwriting a title card (or anything else) and afterwards when playing the timeline clip is out of sync.

Any ideas on what is causing it or how to fix it?

EDIT: Admins please leave this up as I don't know for sure I found the answer to the problem.

I just control Zd and noticed I had two of the same title or three of the same title cards in a row. I know I extended the duration of the first from ten to fifteen seconds, but I control Zd it back to ten seconds also.

So although I would like it a little longer, I am moving on for now.

Apparently overwriting two identical cards instead of just extending the duration will throw the audio out of sync.

EDIT 2:

I just changed the duration from 10 to 18 seconds and it threw the audio out of sync. So I am changing it back to 10 seconds and moving on. If anyone knows what is causing it though please post

nothing here helps either
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=power+director+is+out+of+sync+after+extending+title+card+duration&ia=web
I exported the entire timeline to 264, then went back and clipped it out. (I had read on that link you sent me that another poster's ghost clip didnt show up after being processed, but mine did. )

It was embedded in the title card somehow prior to the talking head video clip apparently, that was the part I had to clip.

PS I have several title cards at the first of this video, just white on black, and look really really good how sharp they stand out.
Quote Open PD17 without opening any projects. You are then able to manually delete all the temporary files including the ones that gave you the problem.

Still there. I am going to try to save individual clips to someplace and start over. i dont have time to figure this out I guess

but thanks reply
I am going to start over on my project, I have a trial coming up and dont have time to try to figure out where my phantom video is that keeps playing at the beginning of my video.

I am going to go through my clips and salvage what I can. They are highly edited fro the original, that is why I dont just use the original on the new project.

I researched what the best format was to use for DVD and learned all dvd was mpeg2.

I need to salvage the good clips for use on facebook and dvd.

Is the best way to do this to highlight a clip then export it to a folder to import into the new project?

See if this thread helps.

Thanks for the reply, I deleted all the temp files as the post stated, exited and came back in and it was still there.
I have a clip in a project in which a video begins with "I sh..." that isnt an expletive, that is a quote. It stops short of the sentence,.

I highlit that clip, and play it and that partial sentence doesnt play. But when I play it in the timeline it does. The clip before it is a title card.

I ended up removing both the title card before it and the video clip that stunted sentence was in, but the partial setence showed iup in the next video.

I looked below the timeline to see if I had placed another video on it and I had not.

I dont want to start my entire project over, but I cant seem to edit the mystery clip because I cant find it.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

EDIT:

I saved it, turned it off and rebooted. The phantom video portion is still there.
Does anyone have any idea why? It lags less the lower the resolution I noticed, but I have a new computer I wouldn't think it would be lagging at all.

I just noticed that if I set the PD capture resolution for my webcam to 320 x 180, it appears widescreen and it doesnt lag. Will that work in the video or am I missing something?

It's a Pavillion desktop with 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega
Graphics
384 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
4096 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)

My monitor is AMD 15DD Graphics [Display adapter]
DELL S2340M [Monitor] (23.1"vis, s/n XX-0293M3-
XXXXX-43U-2NJT, March 2014)
HP 27er [Monitor] (27.2"vis, s/n 3CM8360Q3Z,
September 201

ON the power director capture, the recordings dont lag at 800x600, but do at 1280 and above.

and my webcam is a HP c920 and on windows 10 camera app is set to 1080p 16:9 30fps and does not lag (though it appears that it is when recording)

My camera also lags when i use a program called teleprompter pro.

I shouldnt be having any lagging issues when recording video with this setup at all, should I?

Does anyone have any idea what is slowing my computer down? or how to fix this?
Sorry for the bad description but I am having a hard time describing in few words my problem.

I am having a hard time making the speakers voice about the same volume across all the clips.

I did an internet search on how to level the sound across all tracks and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifcmkbFwqTE

and prior to that I had used the normalize option inj the audio room (which I saw later on another video was a bad idea, but I forgot why)

Is there a way to make the volume level on the tracks about the same? Using normalize didnt work.

but the problem is, if you look at the attached screen shot, the first and third clips (the first clip with a man in a blue blazer, and the clip from Hang 'em high") sound perfect, but the second clip, with the yellow marks on it is loud. And that is after I used the normalize option on it.

and the blue bar that runs acrossed it is way lower than the ones on the clips that sound right. When I pushed it up to meet the others it was even more loud.

Then when you get to the fourth clip, the first one after the hang em high clip, it is loud again.

and the last one is loud also.

Then, I just highlit all the clips on that screen shot plus some others, and normalized them, but nothing changed.

Finally, when I just lowered the vertical db scale on the loud clip (the one right before the hang em high clip), the volume lowered, but when it sounds about the same as the clip before it, it reads -12.4 db. The one before it reads +12.0 db, and the hang em high clip reads +12 db

Why the descrepancy? does that refer to the range of decibals in that clip instead of the volume?

Finally, for a video like this that is mostly a single person speaking to the camera, what is ideal for db using the scale in the audio room?

Do I even seem to understand enough about audio to be asking these questions?
Quote It's not a cut and dry answer, even though camera may support 16:9, PD may not. Best is to simply go to the "Profile" and "Settings" area on the lower right side of the capture window and see what PD has available for your particular webcam.

Jeff

I actually did that just "exploring", but I failed to click the drop down list.

So I appreciate your replying to my post. PD is intuitive for the most part, and I guess I shouldve figured out, but I didn't until you told me that was the place.

I'm good now thanks and thanks for helping other PDers in general
I have googled this question and reworded it several times but can't find the answer. My project is in 16:9 and I just discovered the webcam capture from within PD and it is nice, but from what I cantel lits only in 4:3. Is this correct? I saw that I could crop it afterward but that just made the subject too big.
I also tried to find the answer in the Muvipix.com guide to PD 16 but could not find it. But if you have that book and its in there, please send a page reference.

thanks for your help
I imported a video and it sounds fine to play it in PD until I insert it in the timeline, then there is crackling noise in the voice. What is causing this and how to fix?

thanks
Go to: