Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does this help', this is a response from Microsoft Support on a similar issue

Step 1:
It sounds like you have an installed program configured to access the internet and perform an operation, such as check for updates for that program.

a. The 'server busy' message is appearing because the program is trying to access the internet before the connection is completely ready.

b. It could be any program like an Antivirus program that has program update options.

c. You will have the settings inside the program to configure the way it updates.

Step 2:
However, I suggest that you check Event Viewer entries to find the faulty module that could be causing this issue.

a. Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. Click an event log in the left pane.

c. Double-click an event to view the details of the event and let us know the faulty module that is causing the issue.

Access the below links to know more about Event Viewer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-Event-Viewer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Step 3:
You may also put the computer in a Clean Boot and check for the issue. Below are the steps to put the computer in a Clean Boot State:

To perform a Clean Boot on a computer that is running Windows 7:

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5. Click OK.

6. When you are prompted, click Restart.

7. After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed.

If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual”, after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.

Robert

Sale has now been extended a further week, cheap albums are now available until midnight 31st July

Robert
You could try here,

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-ultimate/upgrade_en_AU.html

Robert
13.4 is the version causing the problems, AMD are aware of the situation, whether or not it will be corrected in the next version we will just have to wait and see.
If possible roll back to a version that you know worked, if you can remember what version you previously had, thats the one you should roll back to.

Robert
Hi Ian,

!. The Catalyst uninstaller will remove all traces from your computer, when uninstalled your display will revert to Windows. You will find that you will need to adjust the resolution to be able to fully see your desktop.

2. You can find previous versions of Catalyst here

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

3. Open Catalyst Control Centre
Click on Information
Click on Software
Your version will be displayed

After uninstalling you will need to shutdown and reboot before reinstalling the drivers

Robert
Having had the same issue (which appears to be an issue with Open GL) with various NLE's after installing the latest version of Catalyst, AMD advised me to completely uninstall all drivers using the Catalyst uninstall utility

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

Then reinstall a previous version, in my case I rolled back to version 12.8 and problems are now resolved

Robert
Your original post was for Optical Flares from Video CoPilot, Optical Flares is only available for one specific program, there are other bundles which can be used in a few other programs.

Robert
Hi Chris40,

Those effects, made by Video CoPilot are for one specific program only, although they do sometimes release some filters which can be used by other programs.
As Barry has stated above, ProDAD make some very good effects I have many of them, but as yet they have nothing for PD.

Robert
Hi Angus,

When I had PDR9 installed, I used a free Routegenerator as did many PDR9 users, it is a very good app.

http://www.routegenerator.net/

Robert

Check out the following link, explains concept of FPR Monitors

http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/tools-toys/lcds-bright-future

Robert
On the 2nd July, in another post, the Moderator said ' Where is this relevant to PowerDirector 10 please'
That post was then deleted.

How come the same rules do not apply to this post ?

Robert
Latest driver can be found here

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
Hey Barry,

Any chance of getting a video of the fairies that live at the bottom of your garden, I am sure we would all like to see them in action, provided of course that there's nothing untoward going on with your fairies. The ones in Australia are a bit shy until Mardi Gras time.

Robert
Hi Tecdiver7.

What you need is a time remapping app. which is not currently available in PowerDirector. Other NLE's do have this app. it's fantastic, you can make multiple changes within your clip without the need for splitting.

Maybe CyberLink need to consider this app. for PD12, would be too late for PD11.

Robert

Robert
Stevek said,
You still didn't tell us what you used to record the video. If you have Premier Pro, why are you asking about making a DVD with PD 10?

Maybe for the same reason as I do, PPCS5.5 is a great program with one major drawback, rendering is so S-L-O-W, I now have 4 NLE's and I use them all to create a project, taking the best features from each, but final assembly is carried out in PowerDirector 9 because rendering is so fast, up to 5 times faster than some of the others, although one of my other NLE's is almost as fast with it's latest version.

Robert
James1 wrote,

would it be appropriate for the Forum manager to create a sub forum for 'How to accomplish" things in PD?

Jim, when the forum started back in 2006, that is exactly what the forum was for, asking other members how to accomplish tasks and use PD effectively. In those early days, when membership of the forum was relatively small, most of the answers were provided by Dafydd, Barry (the crab) and myself, then as membership grew more and more members, as their confidence grew also started answering the 'how to' questions. Many of the more prolific forum members of that time no longer take an active part on the forum. Later, the likes of Cranston, Cap'n Kevin, Tony, Adrian and others took over the 'how to' role most effectively.
In recent times however the forum has changed, it is no longer a 'how to' forum, it is now more like the complaints dept. of a major store, where you voice your complaint, only to be told it will be passed on to the relevant dept. head and you know full well that your complaint will be filed in the appropriate waste bin.
This used to be a great forum for learning about PD, just look at the posts of 4-5 years ago, but no longer.

Robert
My question seems to have created some discussion here.

YouTube will soon have HTML5 capability and I can see the benefits of being able to embed links within your video to other videos on YouTube, just my opinion, I think it would be an asset for any NLE to have HTML5 capability.

Robert
The only reason I asked is because one of my other NLE's does have that capability and it's so easy to use, you just highlight the clip, press the HTML5 button, type in the address, press OK and it does the job for you, the link is immediately available.

Robert
Just a quick question, does PD10 have HTML5 capability.

Robert
Hi Alirut,

If you have produced a project in PD9 and saved it as an MPEG file to your HD, then you should be able to burn to disc using any available burning software. When I was a regular user of PD, I never used PD to burn, always saved to HD, then burnt to DVD with a dedicated burning program. Even now, if I use PD for a specific assignment, I produce and save to HD, then import into my other NLE's for incorporation into my final projects and have never had issues with burning stopping at transitions.
Have you tried burning with PD, if you still have issues at transitions and the burn fails, then you need to investigate the file itself, check if it is a specific transition that is causing the problem. From memory transitions have caused burning issues for some members in the past, use the search function, see what you can find.

Robert
Do not upgrade to the latest version of Media Suite, PowerDirector 10, can and will run quite happily with Media Suite installed, Media Suite NEVER includes the latest version of PD.(or even a full version of whatever version is installed) The latest version, Media Suite 9, still has PD8 as it video editing software.

Robert
Go to: